Introduce Yourself - the n00b thread

Hello peoples.
I'm Josh, and I love Opeth with my heart and soul (and it is a deep, dark, black soul indeed...).
I've been listening to metal for about six years now, and my musical tastes include prog (Tool), black (Axamenta), doom (Asunder), and post (Isis) amongst others...
Does that qualify as an intro?

Peace

:wave: Welcome Josh! Good to have you on board ;)

Edit: ps, mind all the assholes

HAY, I'm Roya... I used to post on this forum some years before, but stopped. I never used to be as into Opeth as I am now; they made it to the top of my Last.fm chart in a matter of a couple of weeks. I'm anxiously awaiting a new album, as well as another tour (I missed them twice, due to having been in Europe =P).

:kickass:

Hi everyone:saint: !
You probably heard a lot that Opeth is great, deep, inspiring, and very creative.... but in case you wanna hear it again - hell Yeah, here we go: Opeth IS Great, Deep, Inspiring, and Very, VERY creative! Maybe I'm not yet very experienced with all the variety of metal, but I found no match yet (I really hope I will...) Every album is special and calling your heart somewhere...
Strange thing is that, though we don't play metal as such, somehow in some way Opeth is closer to where we try to get music-wise than easily anyone else (and I even mean the stuff we did before we discovered Them...) - not that it looks similar, but we try to achieve similar depth, dynamics, spirit...
They provide really high quality, on all ends. It's great that they grow bigger and bigger, I'd like all the world to hear them - so lets all keep supporting the guys!:wave:

Whats up everybody, if you're gay you're cool, and if you're cool you're gay. Let's get to the assra

*takes deep breath*

im a newbie to this forum but have listened to opeth since early 2001. i listen to them pretty much everyday and could consider them as one of my favourite bands of all time.

thats pretty much it. i love opeth.

These days I usually listen to Deliverance when I'm running on a race-track, and also I played Unreal Tournament (2004) listening to it and earlier stuff a lot (so when I hear their music I instantly see bots and myself dying under the fire shower:loco: )