Introduce Yourself - the n00b thread

"Hey, I'm Ast, obviously I'm new, and just about everything I could write here you could find out by clicking on some links" ..no, really!
Aha, anyway, I'm 18, from Aus and.. like Opeth.. and stuff. Like ponies. Pink ponies. *cough* :kickass:

I suppose I would have to say that I cannot for the life of me choose between Still Life and Blackwater Park as my fav Opeth album, it varies depending on my mood ever so often.

Has anyone ever listened to the entire Opeth discography in one hit? I have 8.5 hours on my computer and I was planning on listening to it all in one night but.. something happened and I got sidetracked. So have any of you ever done it? Any tips? :p Don't ask me why I want to do it coz I have absolutely no idea, but it's Opeth! How could you not want to!? :p

I have rambled enough.. :)

"Hey, I'm Ast,
Has anyone ever listened to the entire Opeth discography in one hit? I have 8.5 hours on my computer and I was planning on listening to it all in one night but.. something happened and I got sidetracked. So have any of you ever done it? Any tips? :p Don't ask me why I want to do it coz I have absolutely no idea, but it's Opeth! How could you not want to!? :p

I have rambled enough.. :)

Hi Ast,

Yep, done that a few times. :)

Start with GR, then Orchid MR SL Del BWP MAYH...

I prefer Damnation "Live Version" on the Lamentations DVD :kickass:

Why start with GR, dcat? Why not chronological? Or backwards chronological, for that matter?

Do it alphabetically, Astarael. Let me know how it turns out.

Why start with GR, dcat? Why not chronological? Or backwards chronological, for that matter?

:lol:

The endings are the beginings...almost.

I have tried different permutations but this one I find most enjoyable.

Wonders how long b4 a poll appears citing preferences for order of play for Opeth's entire discog. :Smug:

Interesting poll, dcat... if no one does it, I will.

I'm serious about alphabetical, btw... I've listened to other music that way. Or even by track length... so that you end with the most epic of songs, which would be......(this is easy folks, right?)????

Hi I'm My Arms, Your Purse, and I'm more annoying than Hubster

Dude I'm crying out of laughter looking at your little profile pic. and your post. LO freakin L dude!!

Oh, and my name is Igor and I had the best god damn trip, EVER with this band. Ghost Reveries on a new Year's eve 2006/2007 to be exact. Been a fan for about 3-4 years. Talk about reaching sonic nirvana in an altered state...
Uuuu weee!!

OPETH
:worship:

sup? :)
im Saar from Israel, 17, listening to Opeth since... i dunno.. 13? something like that.

Hail Opeth! (or something like that...:))

hello people, mike here, never really formally introduced myself so feeling abit nervous at the moment : /
opeth, the greatest and most influencial band ive ever heard so yeah,
GO PETH TEAM

This thread is for people who are new to the forum to introduce themselves to the forum, talk about their experience listening to Opeth, where they are from, their favorite Opeth song/album, their favorite band member, their Opeth tattoo...lol...etc... or ask questions about the band... hopefully this could be a sticky or something :)

back on-topic...

Howkay... Hi everybody, i'm fig00r, i have listened to Opeth for many years now, i just found out "OMG THERE'S AN OFFICIAL FORUM FOR OPETH WTF" and joined, i'm from Norway, i have no favorite Opeth song/album, because it depends on what mood i'm in :) Favorite member, Anders Nordim was cool, and Martin Lopez too (yes, i'm a drummer ;D) Furthermore... hmmm.. Opeth rocks?

hm..I don't really like introducing myself, but I guess I should.

I'm Julian and at the moment I'm living in the Netherlands. I was born in Rhode Island, USA, but moved to Holland about 5 years ago.
I've been listening to Opeth since BWP and I'm a huge fan. (duh..)
So cool that Mikael posts here!!! :kickass:

greetz :headbang:

Hello there, I'm Rocky from Nebraska in the middle of the US. I heard about Opeth from a vocalist in a local metal band... in retrospect, it's obvious Mikael is his vocal inspiration.

I finally acquired Morningrise and MAYH thanks to ebay two weeks ago. It turned out to be a cool bonus that the seller was actually from Russia and sent me the Irond Russian versions of the albums. I have never seen either of these albums in a local record store... although I did find Orchid.

I figured I might as well mention I bought two copies of Still Life because I thought the first album had be manufactured wrong because of the channel cutouts on "The Moor"... but that's just how it is, as the FAQ informed me. Oddly enough, my first copy had the pages in the lyric booklet stapled in the wrong order, too. That was my first Opeth experience... heh.

I was very impressed with the Lamentations DVD... what a bunch of great guys, and what a great documentary. Very awesome.

Glad to join the forums.

Hello everybody. My name is Mark, I'm a good old fashioned Canadian. I started listening to Opeth about 4 or 5 years ago. I bought Deliverence on a whim (I was enticed by the 13 minute songs) and been a fan ever since.

Well, it's good to be here. Thanks.

Hey, I'm Melody. I'm from NorCal (Northern California for those of you who aren't aquianted with that abbreviation) . I only recently found Opeth (five or six months ago), but I lave them. They are my inspiration.