Iron Maiden are good!

Just as all roads lead to Rome, all threads lead to Maiden, Timmy :) You just have to look deeper into the hidden meanings of threads about slasher flicks and dead 80s rock stars nobody's heard of anyway!

Last time I checked Maiden were doing F**K all!

Thats why theres no discussion on them, Maiden RULE, but theres only so many "whats your favourite Maiden album" polls you can take! :)

Whenever Maiden release anything theres a heap of threads about them, but seeing as the DVD was put back AGAIN, its gone a little quiet here Maidenwise.....

Blind Guardian had a song based on Dragonlance on their latest album, didn't they?

Pity that having a Dragonlance movie would be considered as jumping on the LOTR bandwagon, because it would be mega-cool :) Not enough fans in the world to make it a success, though, I'm sure, and it doesn't have that mainstream appeal.

Just a question..
How can it be considered cheesy for Rhapsody and Dio to sing about dragongs and shit, yet brilliant when Blind Guardian do the same thing?

Originally posted by Spiff
Pity that having a Dragonlance movie would be considered as jumping on the LOTR bandwagon, because it would be mega-cool :) Not enough fans in the world to make it a success, though, I'm sure, and it doesn't have that mainstream appeal.
I have thought that about making a "Legend of Zelda" film, but it would have to be as big a budget as LOTR to be truly awesome, but for only a small fanbase...

Has huge potential though. :)

The Dragonlance budget would have to be huge, what with all the dragons and floating citadels and stuff. I believe at one stage they were planning on doing an animated film of it, which would have been interesting.

I thought BG's was cheesy as hell, myself...

Raistlin is a pretty mean dude but they made it sound all happy and upbeat...

It's really all about the delivery and the amount of cliches they use, I think.

We did a song about Lord Soth on the new album but we went out of our way to make sure the lyrics were purposely a little obscure and not "I am a death knight with my mighty sword of metal!!!!!" HAHA!

Groovy :) Surely the next step then in your proposed (well, proposed by me!) Solamnic Knight trilogy would have to be one about Sturm, right? That'd be quite cool, actually, especially if it was about him getting killed and stuff!

I Wanna Be Somebody! :headbang:

I find Blind Guardian and Rhapsody much cheesier than Dio. I don't really find Dio cheesy at all. Perhaps because he isn't so over-the-top, seems to do it with a bit more class.

I haven't read the book, but Huma falls in love with an elf chick, not knowing that she's actually a dragon. Something like that, anyway. Lots of conflicting emotions, etc. I really must read the book one day!