IRON MAIDEN forums?

I used to be on them back in the day, but i refused to pay to go on it, so had to leave.

This stinks! As a passionate Iron Maiden fan I bought A LOT of stuff, even some collectibles like "Eddie´s Archive" & stuff, shirts, LP´s, CD´s..visited concerts, of course. Now I have to pay to write (and read) in the official forum?

I just have realized, I have to pay money to use the official Iron Maiden forum :confused:
I had noticed the main forum had been down for a while. Pretty shit tbh. I'm in the fanclub though so I go on the FC Forum.
Tbh for the £10 it was for the online membership I think it's worth it for ticket presales and a chance to get FTTB.

Indeed.

Probably consists entirely of "Maiden Rule!!! LOLOLOL" and "Whats your favourite Maiden album????" threads.
Pretty much.

I had noticed the main forum had been down for a while. Pretty shit tbh. I'm in the fanclub though so I go on the FC Forum.
Tbh for the £10 it was for the online membership I think it's worth it for ticket presales and a chance to get FTTB.

Pretty much.

Is this 10 per year or just one time payment?

FTTB - what means that, bro?

Probably consists entirely of "Maiden Rule!!! LOLOLOL" and "Whats your favourite Maiden album????" threads.

That's pretty much what it was before they took down the whole thing and changed it to what it is now. That, and a huge fucking troll's nest. And that's why it is now what it is.

I think maidenfans.com at least had a decent forum some years ago, but don't know how it is now. Seems to be still online at least.

If that's true, that is the biggest load of bollocks I've ever heard/read. Why would you want to pay to be on a forum full of balding ,middle-age fucks comparing stories about seeing Maiden in the Ruskin Arms back in the seventies and "what's your favourite Eddie?" threads, because, in all fairness, they're the type that would be dumb enough to pay .... Fuck that!
Don't get me wrong, I fuckin adore Maiden but not enough to pay to go on an interwebz f0rum lolz...

I'm gonna bust out my cardboard geeetar now and jam along to Prowler like it's 1981 :loco:

If that's true, that is the biggest load of bollocks I've ever heard/read. Why would you want to pay to be on a forum full of balding ,middle-age fucks comparing stories about seeing Maiden in the Ruskin Arms back in the seventies and "what's your favourite Eddie?" threads, because, in all fairness, they're the type that would be dumb enough to pay .... Fuck that!
Don't get me wrong, I fuckin adore Maiden but not enough to pay to go on an interwebz f0rum lolz...

I'm gonna bust out my cardboard geeetar now and jam along to Prowler like it's 1981 :loco:

Have you watched the happenings on this forum lately? Some people have suggested a restricted forum to weed out the unwanted bullshit. It was basically all the same there, except ten-fold.

Yes I have and maybe you didn't find the sarcasm in my post???? (located at the bottom BTW) It's the off-topic section, relax. I didn't blatantly flame anybody on this board did I?. Just voiced my opinion on the fact that Iron Maiden "charge" people to use their forum. I mean, c'mon it's not like they're starving or anything.
With the amount of stuff I've learned from this forum I'd gladly contribute a few quid, no problem there because in my view, the amount of knowledge on this forum deserves that. But!!, I will not give money to a band to use their forum. I buy all their albums (and have done since a very young age), merch and go to their gigs but I'll draw the line at paying to use a band's dicussion forum regardless of ticket subsidisation or whatever else. They have a fan club for that sort of carry on.

Yes I have and maybe you didn't find the sarcasm in my post???? (located at the bottom BTW) It's the off-topic section, relax. I didn't blatantly flame anybody on this board did I?. Just voiced my opinion on the fact that Iron Maiden "charge" people to use their forum. I mean, c'mon it's not like they're starving or anything.
With the amount of stuff I've learned from this forum I'd gladly contribute a few quid, no problem there because in my view, the amount of knowledge on this forum deserves that. But!!, I will not give money to a band to use their forum. I buy all their albums (and have done since a very young age), merch and go to their gigs but I'll draw the line at paying to use a band's dicussion forum regardless of ticket subsidisation or whatever else. They have a fan club for that sort of carry on.

Yah, sorry, didn't mean to offend in any way. My output is questionable at best, and I've had few drinks tonight. ;)

So no reason for anyone to get their knickers in a twist. :loco:

No :wave: Having a few beers myself, if we were having this discussion at a bar there'd be bouncers called in :loco: No worries dude :kickass: Drink up!!

Is this 10 per year or just one time payment?

FTTB - what means that, bro?

It's £10 a year for an online membership. I think it's worth it to get the presales on tickets so you can guarantee yourself a ticket to gigs that are likely to sell out.

There's another level of membership where you get magazines stickers badges etc and a discount in the iron maiden store. Think it's like £25 a year.

FTTB is First To The Barrier. If you're in the fanclub you can enter a draw where you can get into the gig before everyone else so you can get on the front row. Pretty cool if you win it.

Btw, just back from seeing Maiden at the o2 in Dublin. Fucking awesome. If you haven't seen them live yet then you owe it to yourself to go check them out!

Seen them on the last few tours. Would like to see them on this one too (after I saw the songs they're playing), but it's a festival gig and I hate festivals. Never been to one and probably never will. I just hope there will be some kind of tv-live taping or something so I can see some of the songs live.