Irrational Fears

Compare the number of insects (and arachnids) on this planet to the number of people. And to think that there are too many people...

It's more a question of how much of the species the Earth can support. I highly doubt that insects are destroying the environment nearly as much as humans are, regardless of how many more of them there are.

Not that you cared about the accuracy/truthfulness of your statement. I just wanted to sound smart.

I'm paranoid about my wallets/cellphones.
Every 5 mins i have to check whether they are there or not.(even though i haven't lost any yet)

Every 5 mins i have to check whether they are there or not.(even though i haven't lost any yet)

I'm like that with my keys. And as I demonstrated in Baltimore on MDF weekend, I have good reason to be.

You can go five whole minutes without checking?

I also hate moths, flies, spiders, centipedes, and silverfish. Sometimes snakes, but not usually.
Whenever I get near a cliff/ledge I have an irrational fear of falling off it. However, height doesn't particularly bother me.

I forgot my major one. I can not, WILL NOT go to bed with a closet door open. Not even cracked. It/they must be shut as tightly as possible. And I check every night too.

Just remembered this one as I am stuck in a hotel right now. I can't see the closet from the bed but found myself walking down the hall to check. I found it open and almost shit myself.

Just remembered this one as I am stuck in a hotel right now. I can't see the closet from the bed but found myself walking down the hall to check. I found it open and almost shit myself.

:lol:

IT ESCAPED! You better search every inch of that room. Damn closet monsters.

I remember when I was younger, I used to be afraid of koosh balls. Even now if I see one I still freak out a bit.

Hmmmm. I'm afraid of fish. I suppose that's quite irrational.

That's not too weird, I think. I like to look at them but can't stand touching them. When I was little and would go fishing with my dad, I always had him take whatever fish I caught off the line because they looked so horrible flopping around out of water and gasping for air. :( The thought of this still trips me out a bit.

I had a dream that I was in a 70 floor building and for some reason I kept going up to the top floor and the escalators dropped really fast.

I'm a little worried about whether my wishes would be ignored by my [future] family when I die. I really, really want to be cremated when I die. I don't want to rot.

It's hard to explain and it's not from some religious belief. I just think it is the end, at least for that part of my life so if I'm buried it's not making it seem final enough.

I'm a little worried about whether my wishes would be ignored by my [future] family when I die. I really, really want to be cremated when I die. I don't want to rot.

It's hard to explain and it's not from some religious belief. I just think it is the end, at least for that part of my life so if I'm buried it's not making it seem final enough.

So are you saying that naturally decomposing like most other life on this planet isn't final enough for you?

I'm not insulting you, just curious. I personally would like to be cremated as well, but only because I think my dead body is just going to be a big waste of space.

I really hate going into stores like Home Depot, Sam's Club, Lowe's, etc. where they have really fucking heavy things stacked up on big high shelves because I'm always afraid that one will fall down on me one day.