Is anyone else going to...

Stimuli

Crazy Bastard
Jun 16, 2005
Toronto
avoid all the leaked/bootleg material from Watershed. I have decided to ignore any links to new opeth songs this time arouund because I felt that Ghost Reveries lost some of the mystique because of the bootlegs. I remember by the time GR came out I had heard Grand Conjuration, Ghost of Perdition, Baying of the Hounds and Atonement...Great album. but a lot of the excitement of going to the record store the morning of release and popping it in for the first time was not there...

so this time around i will keep shutters over my eyes (and ears :) until June. For me there is nothing like smoking a fat blunt, sitting down somewhere alone and quiet and experiencing a new slab of FRESH Opeth...

at the same time. I just find it so tempting to check out heir apparent...hhehe...

So is there anyone else who plans to save the entire album until release?

I was gonna try. I was feeling pretty adamant about it. But my will was weak. Besides, I'll be seeing them live before the album is released. But I totally respect your decision. You are stronger (so far) than I!

avoid all the leaked/bootleg material from Watershed. I have decided to ignore any links to new opeth songs this time arouund because I felt that Ghost Reveries lost some of the mystique because of the bootlegs. I remember by the time GR came out I had heard Grand Conjuration, Ghost of Perdition, Baying of the Hounds and Atonement...Great album. but a lot of the excitement of going to the record store the morning of release and popping it in for the first time was not there...

so this time around i will keep shutters over my eyes (and ears :) until June. For me there is nothing like smoking a fat blunt, sitting down somewhere alone and quiet and experiencing a new slab of FRESH Opeth...

at the same time. I just find it so tempting to check out heir apparent...hhehe...

So is there anyone else who plans to save the entire album until release?

Amen to that, a friend 'aquired' the Gr tracks and had a listen b4 the album came out so when it arrived in the post i regretted the prior listen, so yes im holding my breath till june ( as far as the album is concerned, not literally holding my breath that would be a bad idea for my future opeth listening)

Well I wanted to wait, but I just don't see a reason for it. I listened to Ghost of Perdition a million times before the album came out and it's still one of my favorites, so it doesn't matter. I understand why some people would want to wait, though. However, if all the songs are available at the same time, I'm going to listen to them.

Yea. it seems more logical to hear the album if you have it in its entirety.. with the song order and everything... then I defenitly wouldnt wait. Its just hearing some one-off tracks that can dampen the experience I think...

I also totally forgot that I will see them in Toronto on the 24th of May...so my goal to save it all for the album will most likely go unfulfilled in the end.

I wish the album was going to be released in the next week or two, so I wouldn't have to face this dilemma.

However, I'll refrain from seeking out any new tunes that more than likely be leaked. I expect to hear Heir Apparent & another newbie or two at the Montreal show, but til then no more new songs for me.

I have listened to the bootleg of Heir Apparent twice, but will do my very best to avoid any other soundclips/bootlegs/leaks of the new album. I'm really keen on experiencing this for the first time in 5.1 = ) But if the release date of the special edition is delayed I might change my mind ...

I shall save my Watershed virginity until purchase. I had heard Ghost of Perdition and The Grand Conjuration about a million times before Ghost Reveries came out, causing my first time listening to the album to resemble this: 1. boring, 2. badass, 3. badass, 4. badass, 5. badass, 6. badass, 7. boring, 8. badass. This time I want my first listen to induce one giant Opethgasm.

I've listened to Heir Apparent once, but that's about it. So yeah I'm gonna wait. Can't even remember much of the song anyways...

I'll wait. I really don't think it's as hard as most of you put it. I mean, I've waited this long, might as well wait a few more months and to hear the product the way it was meant to by the band. I did the same thing with Ghost Reveries, and I never felt I was missing out, and I don't now. I do this with every band that I'm sure won't dissapoint me - sometimes I get fucked (see: Iced Earth, Metallica, Porcupine Tree), but most of the times it's absolutely worth it and makes it even better (see: Agalloch, Dredg, Explosions In The Sky).

I'll take the high road and wait until the WHOLE album has leaked before i'm gonna download anything.

Thats what any true fan would do.

This time I'll try to listen to the album when I buy it, not before. So far I've been able to avoid listening to Heir Apparent. I hope Watershed will be released as special edition on the very same day it's released, instead of some months after. Mike said so and I'd love to hear it for the first time in 5.1 :)

I will definetly wait... Like the first post said, nothing like smoking a blunt or I might prefer a tall glass of red wine and making my ears bleed to some heavy stuff from the band. So yes I will definetly wait. I wont even listen to a good version of a song if its posted on the opeth site. I did that with Grand Conjuration, listened to it many times and by the time I got the full album I was skipping that track and it had a separate feel from the rest of the album.

But as soon as the day comes when I run to my record store to pick up Watershed, I will purchase a nice bottle of red vino, go over to my friends studio, with some killer listening equipment, pop in the new album and experience my jaw drop to the ground. Im so glad this band is releasing the album in 5.1 right away, thank you metal gods and Opeth!!!!!

So bring on June!!!!