Is anyone else going to...

avoid all the leaked/bootleg material from Watershed. I have decided to ignore any links to new opeth songs this time arouund because I felt that Ghost Reveries lost some of the mystique because of the bootlegs. I remember by the time GR came out I had heard Grand Conjuration, Ghost of Perdition, Baying of the Hounds and Atonement...Great album. but a lot of the excitement of going to the record store the morning of release and popping it in for the first time was not there...

so this time around i will keep shutters over my eyes (and ears :) until June. For me there is nothing like smoking a fat blunt, sitting down somewhere alone and quiet and experiencing a new slab of FRESH Opeth...

at the same time. I just find it so tempting to check out heir apparent...hhehe...

So is there anyone else who plans to save the entire album until release?

dude, I always ruin it for myself, but waiting for the actual release would be pretty sweet.

I did listen to the mp3 rip of Heir Apparent. But only twice. It was a nice teaser, it was good but frustrating at the same time as it made me want the studio version even more. Although the second lot of bootlegs were much better quality. tbh if a good quality leak comes up with all the files, not a promo copy then I will probably dl it, preferably 192 or more. I got into Opeth in 2000 and as soon as bwp came i caved in and dl and have done so since. I do that with all of my favorite bands. Can't handle the wait. Leaks seem to be coming earlier and in better quality nowadays. Mars Voltas Bedlam In Goliath came out a little under a month early in a perfect 320 rip which was awesome. Either way I always buy an album if I like it so I don't see any harm in listening to it. Although last time round with GR my best mate who is a huge opeth fan as well wanted to wait, he didn't get the leak, whereas i heard it like a month before he did. Which was very painful not being able to tell him anything. He is gonna cave this time though. Plus Opeth wont be coming to Oz until late 08 most likely early 09, so I won't see anything new live.

Unless the WHOLE finished album leaks, I see no reason to wait when I plan on buying both editions first thing in the morning on release.

If it's only 2-3 songs, I'll wait.

If you want to stay tr00 to Watershed, you should probably leave the concert hall when they play tracks from that album :loco:

I've listened to "Heir Apparent" once, and it is hard not to go have another listen, but I think this is where I draw the line this time. Both My Arms, Your Hearse and Still Life came into my life unspoiled; with Blackwater Park, I had the entire album long before it was released, I was unspoiled for Deliverance (so 'Wreath' was a fantastic punch in the fuck), and spoiled again for Ghost Reveries, I remember hearing 'The Grand Conjuration' first, and it hasn't really grown onto me since..today actually I finally kicked on it, so, when I heard 'Ghost of Perdition' fresh off the disc, I was pleasantly surprised...
..mm maybe not a bad idea to have heard 'Heir Apparent' then, as I have about the same feelings (but I hear it's not gonna take long to start liking it).

I've listened to Heir Apparent once- I've decided to avoid all subsequent bootlegged/leaked material because it made me realise how incredible this album will be, and I think listening to it in its entirety for the first time will be an amazing experience that I don't want to compromise.