Is metal crap now??

Bambi said:
i doubt if trent reznor would ever describe himself as metal
Obviously it's not metal in the primitive meaning of the word, and apart of "the downward spiral" most of his work isnt, but for this very right album, i think the industrial metal label fits pretty well.
But again, it was released 10 years ago..so i don't think it is recent like©:erk:

Strangelight said:
Can anyone name a classic metal album of recent times? I can only think of Samael- Passage, and I guess thats an aquired taste anyway..

The first names that come to my head are Dying Fetus - Killing On Adrenaline and System of a Down - Toxicity, they both are perfect albums form first to last second, they both are pretty original in their respective genre and they were both released less than 4-5 years ago.

well what about
arcturus - the sham mirrors
the crown - crowned in terror
opeth - deliverance
dark tranquillity - damage done
any finntroll
green carnation - light of day, day of darkness
bloodbath - resurrection through carnage

now that's some quality metal from the last two or three years, and even though DT, bloodbath and opeth didn't really create anything totally new, the latest outputs still are excellent.

I saw them with the first singer, Katla, too... and I really can't get into the show, I don't know why... :erk:

But the new one is really communicative abd funny... It seemed that Katla was more "evil black metal" I think... Maybe Eos should explain it better... ;)

there we go again, metalhead talks, 'evilcrush is great! yeah you ever heard of leatherspike?!' :(

VultureCulture said:
well what about
arcturus - the sham mirrors
the crown - crowned in terror
opeth - deliverance
dark tranquillity - damage done
any finntroll
green carnation - light of day, day of darkness
bloodbath - resurrection through carnage

now that's some quality metal from the last two or three years, and even though DT, bloodbath and opeth didn't really create anything totally new, the latest outputs still are excellent.

You're right on the money :tickled:
I think the metal scene is fine there's tons of good music out there. I'm just reading alot of nonsense in this thread saying metal nowadays is crap. I really can't see that.

The scene has never been this good, IMO. Pain of Salvation, Ark, Devin Townsend, System of a Down.. all great bands!! Specially Pain of Salvation...

I am not a big fan of 80's metal, so...