Is Mike a Detroit Red Wings Fan?

Please see post #26:

"Detroit's top 4 scorers, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Lidstrom and Holmstrom? All draft picks. And low picks at that (rounds 6, 7, 3, and 10 respectively)"

By the way - a big thanks to Samsara for keeping this thread alive!

EVERY player that Edmonton has in the the hockey hall of fame...drafted. And, there's a few that will be in there in the next year or two.Top this...look in your record books if you think I'm wrong...most gaols in a season- team...hmmm ....Edmonton .Top three scorers in the league Edmonton 1, 2, 3 Gretzky, Kurri, Anderson. Did it a few seasons. And it wasn't like just 40 or 50 goals...no! In 86' ELEVEN players from Edmonton on the All-Star team. Top 2 scorers all time? Gretzky...Mark Messier. Look in your NHL record books...look at all the records they destroyed in such a short span of time. With low salaries....I forgot to mention the other players that the F-ing NY Rangers didn't get...they went to freaking La Kings...six of them .... got to the finals to lose in 5 games. The second biggest sports market tried to buy a championship as well. Doesn't always work. I like Datsyuk, and Zetterberg...good style and speed...definitely the foundation for that overall young team. Build around those two for sure. Ahhh-Opeth and Hockey!! Keeps me happy!!

guys,you DO realize that we in sweden have our own hockey leauge as well right?It´s ranked second in the world only topped by the NHL. If mikael has a favorite hockey team it probably would be the only elite stockholm team,called Djurgården.

Nope, Mikael personally told me that his favorite team is the Minnesota Wild. I was like "sweet, thats my favorite team too!"

jk.

guys,you DO realize that we in sweden have our own hockey leauge as well right?It´s ranked second in the world only topped by the NHL. If mikael has a favorite hockey team it probably would be the only elite stockholm team,called Djurgården.

There's no Doubt that the Finns and Swedes are truly the best players in the world!! I picked Finland and Sweden to play for the gold in the 2006 Olympics...matter of fact, I've been right on the gold medal winner the last 4 Olympics. Jari Kurri is my all time favorite player..but I tend to like mostly Swedish players overall.

Mike is barely supporting Huddinge Hockey, only because his house is a 3 minute walk from the mighty Björkängshallen.

Or maybe he is just not into icehockey.

In soccer he supports Sörskogens IF.

But hockey was a major influence to the band in the early days since I am a hardcore A.I.K. supporter...

In soccer Leeds United is the name of the team...

You were not welcome in the band (as a member, but we had Kim on guitar for a while) if you confessed to be a Djurgården, Hammarby, Arsenal or IFK Göteborg supporter.

hehe ok that sounds kinda elitist of you,but i´ve seen mr Lindgren wearing a djurgården shirt once,whats up with that then?:)
ok maybe mikael is an AIK supporter as well then? Seems kinda odd that anyone would be that because they suck:D

When we grow up in the early eighties A.I.K. won the swedish title twice and I´m not even sure Modo played the premier division so by the fact they play the semi premier division these days doesn´t mean you can abandon your support for the club.

LOYALTY. It´s called loyalty.

But you may not be familiar with that word.

And as said I believe Mike support Huddinge Hockey if he supports anything at all as living a 3 minute walk from their icerink.

yeah i know i was just kidding:),of course one should support their team no matter what.Although modo has actually been in the premier division for every year except one

in fact i´d rather see AIK in elitserien than djurgården,their (although not all) fans dont seem to care much about their team

BUMP

52945333kv0.png

The captain and half the team are Swedish. Maybe someone can use this for Photoshop? I'd love to see Mikael lifting the cup in a Wings uniform!

Haha EPIC BUMP!!

I was routing for the Penguins, but hey not much of a fan of either team, more of an Avalanche guy myself.

grrrrrrrrrrrr......fuck the red wings!!!

in all honesty, they are quite a dynamic team and are pretty much unstoppable. if they keep the lineup they have they will be remembered as one of the greatest groups in the NHL.

and by the way,Mats Sundin is a great player but Peter Forsberg was the best :)

Fixed it for you. It's a shame what happened to him, but I guess when you play the style that he played, it's gonna take it's toll. Zetterberg is a great two way player and will be for years to come, may end up the best player out of Sweden.

To the two having the fight over the salary cap, the NHL didn't always have one, and the Wings had one of the highest payrolls in the NHL before they were locked out. That being said, I wouldn't want anyone telling me how much I can invest in my business. As long as I'm making a profit, I should be able to invest as much as I want into my business. Not my fault that Joe Shmoe down the block can't keep his business afloat. Bottom line, put a winning team on the ice and the people will come. Rangers were sold out all season long again, and it's been that way for as long as I can remember.

Damn, that was some finish last night, huh?! Osgood sprawled out on the ice, thrashing at the puck and it rolls right across the crease...awesome!

Congrats Red Wings fans!!! The best team definitely won. And since the Pens took out my Flyers, it was doubly sweet :kickass:

Damn, that was some finish last night, huh?! Osgood sprawled out on the ice, thrashing at the puck and it rolls right across the crease...awesome!

Congrats Red Wings fans!!! The best team definitely won. And since the Pens took out my Flyers, it was doubly sweet :kickass:

a great game, a great series. red wings are sadly unstoppable.