Is Mindcrime considered to be the greatest metal album of all time?

MajestikMøøse said:
Rust In Peace is, in fact, the definitive "metal" album. Wimps and posers leave the hall, etc.
Exhibit A

Sad Wings of Destiny

Exhibit B

Cold Steel... For An Iron Age

Exhibit C

Powerslave

Exhibit D

Pleasure to Kill

All infinitely more CAPITAL M METAL than Rust in Peace can ever DREAM of being in all its Warrant-like psuedo-thrash glory

Rust in Peace
Astro Creep: 2000
Ride the Lightning
Chaos A.D.
Seasons in the Abyss

i'm "progressive" because i only really love metal albums that are 12 years old instead of 48. :loco:

Erik said:
Maybe

I've only heard Set the World Afire from that one album (and since I don't remember anything about it it must have been forgettable)

OK so you have "So Far so good so what" which explains why you've never heard "Wake up Dead". :loco:

And it's weird how you skipped track 1, "Into the Lungs of Hell" which is a thrash-y masterpiece. Likewise, try "Liar", "502" and "Hook in Mouth". Or even "In my Darkest Hour" for anthem-like material.

but anyway I just don't believe that Megadeth is capable of thrashing. They don't have it in them... They don't come from that sort of musical background where they want to be uncompromising or brutal or do anything even mildly offensive.

Yes, that's why they're a speed metal band before they even venture into thrash territory.

With that said, if Megadeth are not thrash then neither are Metallica or Anthrax. Only Slayer (out of the big four). But remember, we're not talking latter day sub-genres here, we're talking heavy metal pioneers.

It's HEAVY METAL!!

ok ... I give the original Big 4 ... a Big High 5 [/borat] ... and I go to sleep now.

JayKeeley said:
OK so you have "So Far so good so what" which explains why you've never heard "Wake up Dead". :loco:

And it's weird how you skipped track 1, "Into the Lungs of Hell" which is a thrash-y masterpiece. Likewise, try "Liar", "502" and "Hook in Mouth". Or even "In my Darkest Hour" for anthem-like material.
Ugh OK so if Wake Up Dead is from that I've heard TWO songs from it.

JayKeeley said:
Yes, that's why they're a speed metal band before they even venture into thrash territory.

With that said, if Megadeth are not thrash then neither are Metallica or Anthrax. Only Slayer (out of the big four). But remember, we're not talking latter day sub-genres here, we're talking heavy metal pioneers.

It's HEAVY METAL!!
Look mate, Megadeth is by far the least thrash of the BIG FOUR. Anthrax isn't so much thrash either and I don't really like Anthrax either but when the FUCK did Megadeth ever write something like "Indians" oh wait they didn't.

wait, so has Erik heard Peace Sells or Killing is My Biznezz yet? if not i can't take his opinion seriously on teh deth. after you listen to both, then well okay. :dopey:

I love boobies said:
wait, so has Erik heard Peace Sells or Killing is My Biznezz yet? if not i can't take his opinion seriously on teh deth. after you listen to both, then well okay. :dopey:
I've got Peace Sells and Rust in Peace (CD-R actually but ya) and I've heard SELECT SONGS off Peace Sells and SOFARSOGOODSOWHAT

Yeah and Peace Sells is a huge WTF for me, I don't get what people see in it. I mean as everyone should be aware by now, most of my posts consist of about 70% trolling and 30% blatant lies, so I actually think Rust in Peace is decent but Peace Sells isn't even decent

The only real thrash band from the big four was Slayer. I don't even think the other three wanted to be considered thrash.

All their influences were alike though: NWOBHM, punk, Venom, Motorhead, etc. so it's cool how they all developed something so innovative (and yet, different).

OK,

but Metallica WAS thrash no matter how much they tried to fucken deny it

Anthrax too around the second and third and fourth albums or so

Megadeth was never really thrash. TECH SPEED METAL I will buy.

Slayer to this day still sounds sooooo different from most bands ... this is a good example of shitty talent (on guitar at least, again usual musicians opinion) ... but they gel soooooo good as a unit.

they truely have a unique sound ....

JayKeeley said:
The only real thrash band from the big four was Slayer.
well regardless of my feelings of Rust in Peace, Slayer obviously towers over all this bullshit. i mean you simply don't get any more metal than Slayer. i saw Kerry King in the supermarket in like 2004, and the fucker was still buying MOLTEN LAVA FOR FOOD. hardcore.
Erik said:
my posts consist of about 70% trolling and 30% blatant lies
5-stars o wait i already voted

JayKeeley said:
Well try listening to the whole thing you fuck. :loco:
It's 07:41 give me a god damn break :p

I meant MEGADETH IS MY BUSINESS... AND BUSINESS IS GOOD!

EDIT: get it? i implied mustaine is doing it for money... BURN

lurch70 said:
Slayer to this day still sounds sooooo different from most bands ... this is a good example of shitty talent (on guitar at least, again usual musicians opinion) ... but they gel soooooo good as a unit.

dude. DUUUUUUUUUUUUDE. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Slayer riffs are nearly IMPOSSIBLE to play. seriously, i learned some shit off Divine Intervention once (not their most difficult by a longshot) and my guitarist friends HATED me.

lurch70 said:

They don't sound much different from Lethal

God damn ripoffs

Erik said:
OK,

but Metallica WAS thrash no matter how much they tried to fucken deny it

Based on what?? "Kill 'em All"?

If Metallica qualify as thrash based on their debut, then so do fucken Megadeth, in spades.

Four Horseman only >>>>> Mechanix because the lyrics in Mechanix suck donkey doo doo

972.jpg

So you've never heard "Skull beneath the Skin", "Rattlehead", or "LOOKING DOWN THE FUCKING CROSS"??? o_O

Go download now.

okay not nearly impossible but still, i've learned a FUCKTON of Slayer, Megadeth, and Metallica songs and Slayer is BY FAR the most difficult. like, waaaaaay by far.