Is Mindcrime considered to be the greatest metal album of all time?

Erik said:
They don't sound much different from Lethal

God damn ripoffs

i gotta say that you guys sound tighter then Metallica or Exodus did on their respective debuts ...

and you have a hotter frontman

JayKeeley said:
Based on what?? "Kill 'em All"?

If Metallica qualify as thrash based on their debut, then so do fucken Megadeth, in spades.

Four Horseman only >>>>> Mechanix because the lyrics in Mechanix suck donkey doo doo

972.jpg

So you've never heard "Skull beneath the Skin", "Rattlehead", or "LOOKING DOWN THE FUCKING CROSS"??? o_O

Go download now.
OK later. I gotta say if there is one Megadeth album that's going to appeal to me it's bound to be the first one

okay i learned the intro to Sex. Murder. Art. one time (my 2nd favorite Slayer tune) and my guitar buddy who is VERY good punched me. he was so mad and i said "HAW HAW! i'm a stupid bassist and i just kicked yer ass!"

I love boobies said:
dude. DUUUUUUUUUUUUDE. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Slayer riffs are nearly IMPOSSIBLE to play. seriously, i learned some shit off Divine Intervention once (not their most difficult by a longshot) and my guitarist friends HATED me.

so whay do i always hear bitching about the riffing ... or is it those tradmark solos that everyone has a problem with.

and how the hell does Hanneman stand after all those years of booze.

oh yeah ... another trademark of a true fucking metal band ... no rehab and no personal problems brought into the music and to the fans ...

I love boobies said:
okay not nearly impossible but still, i've learned a FUCKTON of Slayer, Megadeth, and Metallica songs and Slayer is BY FAR the most difficult. like, waaaaaay by far.

I'd say Megadeth and Slayer are about on par, although I've never met a living soul who could play "Poison was the Cure" (other than Mustaine obviously).

Metallica's most difficult song to play is probably "Blackened" I think.

middle portion of Four Horsemen rules because of Cliff. overall, Mechanix is a better song, simply because it's faster. refer to my "lolz @ those who pay attention to lyrics" post from earlier.

that was a total nod to Zep by the way, fuckin ummmmmm that one song about cars. TROUBLE FREE TRANSMISSION, GO FOR MILES AND MILES etc.

RIP just ended.

lurch70 said:
so whay do i always hear bitching about the riffing ... or is it those tradmark solos that everyone has a problem with.
People always bitch about Kerry's solos, but people are fuckin dumb. I mean at least it's not "I'VE GOT A WAH WAH PEDAL AND I'M NOT AFRAID TO USE IT" Kirky style

Kill 'em All in general sounds a fuckton like Maiden, and well NWOBHM in general. When I got fotmbm into Iron Maiden I gave him a tape of "Killers" I think because it's so fuckin obvious how KEA swipes about half of the album from that and similar albums

lurch70 said:

and how the hell does Hanneman stand after all those years of booze.

oh yeah ... another trademark of a true fucking metal band ... no rehab and no personal problems brought into the music and to the fans ...
the riffs man, the riffs. Slayer solos are generally shite so i don't bother with them (plus i don't do guitar or bass solos anyhow), but GOD DAMN some of those riffs are quite tricky.
Erik said:
Yeah that statement there fell into the "blatant lies" category

OR the "trolling" one

OR both?

MYSTERY POST!
hahahhahahaa
Erik said:
Seriously though what the fuck has Dead Skin Mask got on CRIONICS or TORMENTOR or ANGEL OF DEATH or POSTMORTEM/RAINING BLOOD

Not much
well, Dead Skin Mask was the first Slayer song i ever heard, but that main riff thingy still gives me a boner AND scares the poop out of me. i mean that's a combination that can't be beat.

and @JayK: yeah, Rust in Peace and parts of Peace Sells are as difficult as Slayer, but Slayer made hard as fuck stuff for like 6 albums in a row. god damn.

Right through to Seasons of the Abyss, when both Slayer and Megadeth peaked (in maturity, not speed/thrash terror).....but we all know who stole the show on Seasons right?

'kin Lombardo, every day of the week and twice on sunday.

JayKeeley said:
Right through to Seasons of the Abyss, when both Slayer and Megadeth peaked (in maturity, not speed/thrash terror).....but we all know who stole the show on Seasons right?

that fucker better kick Slayers ass into high gear on the next one

I really think Seasons in the Abyss is pretty uninspired and was definitely the beginning of the end for Slayer, but I'm not going to write that because NAD will be mad at me

JayKeeley said:

it's the gong on the title track and the fills in War Ensemble, yes.

although even Araya shined in the bass-realm on that one, his work on Skeletons of Society is fucking ace to these ears.