Is Mindcrime considered to be the greatest metal album of all time?

I love boobies said:
lolz @ people paying attention to thrash lyrics

:lol:

Come on, I wasn't ragging on him for not paying attention to the lyrical content; rather, I was ragging on him for not knowing early Metallica by heart. I mean, I must've heard "No life 'til leather, we're gonna kick some ass tonight" about 80,000,000,000,000 times by now. It's practically like breathing.

JayKeeley said:
I thought that became more apparent on Justice ("Dyers Eve") and s/t ("God that Failed").
It's funny because Dyers Eve is seemingly so introverted and personal and meaningful and all but then when they played it live in god damn 2003 or something James had forgotten about half the words. But the rest of the band had forgotten half of the music so meh

I love boobies said:
i always find it funny when discussions of "best metal ever" always gravitate back to Metallica. i guess it's sort of telling of their legacy, regardless of how much Lars looked like everyone's grammaw for the Load photo sessions.

Things I never realized until I discovered UM:

- N00bs think Lars is a shitty drummer, period.
- People have issues with Dave Mustaine's snarl.

Erik said:
It's funny because Dyers Eve is seemingly so introverted and personal and meaningful and all but then when they played it live in god damn 2003 or something James had forgotten about half the words. But the rest of the band had forgotten half of the music so meh

I guess "band practice" goes out the window when you've got 3 squillion dollars in a swiss bank.

Dark One said:
I will say he's DE-evolved, that's for damn sure.
I don't know if you've heard the complete clusterfuck that was their 2003 live rendition of "Dyers Eve", but if you hold that song dear, I would suggest you do NOT

If anyone ever doubts the shittiness of Lars just play them this, it's laughable

if he was not the business brains behind the band, i am pretty sure he would have been fired a long time ago.

I mean Charlie Watts does not break a sweat when playing ... why does Lars always appear so winded ... :loco:

Forget Lars today, I'm talking about the first four albums.

When that double bass drum kicks in for "One", fuck me, the metal world had never heard anything like that before. That is what you'd call a 'machine gun' riff. Utter excellence.

i just poo'd.

Lars = perfectly competent in the thrash days, but never anything special. well, some stuff on Justice is pretty awesome in terms of teh drumming.

Mustaine > Metallica

there's Three Nuggets from NAD. :dopey:

Erik said:
I don't know if you've heard the complete clusterfuck that was their 2003 live rendition of "Dyers Eve", but if you hold that song dear, I would suggest you do NOT

If anyone ever doubts the shittiness of Lars just play them this, it's laughable

I'm quite certain you're right on the money here - I have absolutely no desire whatsoever to check this out.

Mustaine could never write that one fucking epic, unforgetable song ... that fucking ... his Stairway to Heaven ... and this is why ... well ...

isn't Lars like 213905 years old now? i can totally forgive the modern crappiness that is he. mostly because i suck at drums and can now say "HAW HAW! i'm better than you, you short grammaw lookin' dutch FAG!"

lurch70 said:
Mustaine could never write that one fucking epic, unforgetable song ... that fucking ... his Stairway to Heaven ... and this is why ... well ...
disagree by like, a schmillion points. Holy Wars... The Punishment Due is like, way better than 99% of what i listen to.

I love boobies said:
isn't Lars like 213905 years old now? i can totally forgive the modern crappiness that is he. mostly because i suck at drums and can now say "HAW HAW! i'm better than you, you short grammaw lookin' dutch FAG!"

most of his peers are the same age I think ... Lombardo, Sep guys, Sandoval ... his suckiness has no excuse.

I love boobies said:
Mustaine > Metallica

Megadeth =
gravity.jpg

Metallica =
playdoh2.jpg

At least, by comparison. :loco: