Is Opeth Anti-jews?

Status
Not open for further replies.
RavenousDaemon said:
Holy... fucken... crap....

Tunimetal, if English is not your primary language, do not debate on an English term!

And u are completely wrong... anti semitism (I think thats how its spelled... if not its closer than u will ever be) is hatred against the Jewish, which believe it or not is a religious belief!!! Ok, if u are a white Christian, u cant convert to a different race, like being asian or something can u? but u can convert religions to say... Judaism... u know what that is right? ;)

Internet Connection: £20
Computer: £1,000
Commenting on someone's intelligence whilst coming across as a vacuous dolt: Priceless.

There are some things money can buy. For everything else, there's acting like a complete simpleton on the internet.

EASILY one of the best threads ever. why, oh why do i always have to be at work when these threads start? by the time i get home i get all the scraps.

Tunimetal said:
Hello, I am new here, I have a questrion regarding Opeth's lyrics. i think they are fantasitc, but some of the seem anti-jewish. Like, i'm not sure if it's true or not, i thought i would ask though.
I thought it could be possoibel seeings as they are from Germany and have grandfathers and fathers who was Nazis
I will give some examples

In the The Amen Corner, then amen corner was what Nazi's called jewsih shrine is death camps in
WORLD WAR TWO.
And the lyrics say
White summer. So far I have gone to see you again. Hiding your face in the palm of your hands. Finding solace in the words I do despise. You snatch at every sound. And even though you believe that I am shackled within death, memories are tainted with paleness.

It keeps mention white and pale, like they think it's better. And the shackles and Death , it scares me what all this could mean.

My ashes within your hands.

This sound like it's when they picked up the ashes of burnt jews. I have studied Nazi history in school and i know exactly what happened, and these guys seem to be saying what happened.

and in Karma

The rotting body clad in ancient clothes is left behind with a wave of the hand.

They made the jews wear stars of david on old clothes, is this what this means?

If Opeth are anti-Jews I am disgusted and will refyuse to listen to them. Nazi's were wrong. I loved thius band until i noticed this, but it's jsut to much. You are all nazi's if you believe in this, and you will all go to hell, to be with satan.
One word:

ggggggu

Dude, according to the board, you are viewing this thread. please, god, start another thread or at least go back to misheard lyrics and post something. anything to get the forum out of the gutter.....

tuninmetal, you have got to be THE MOST uninformed idiot i've met in a long time. yea, i agree with the guy who said Masters Apprentice is about a guy operating a gas chamber. i would also like to warn the general public that Windowpane is just FULL of backwards masking making you hate jews. yup, just like Mercyful Fate.

whats gggggggu?

mighty A would be wise to post as his aliases simultaneously so as to not make it so fucking obvious who he is. then again, his threads are quite amusing.
what ever happened to that "female" poster by the way? the one that went on and on about children of bodom. i think her name was vindicate.

No, they were browsing the forum at the same time earlier. All I can say is, fuck some of your people are retarded.

Anti-semitism is not a religious belief, some of youe even had the hide to call this poor dude uninformed. For fucks sake, before you insult someone, get your facts straight.

Sieg Heil read mein kauf as their bible fanatics, pfft these idiots need to parish along with their bloodlines. I find it funny "some" of those that collect memorabilia from this era, are so infatuated with the culture and with what happened, they need to find another hobby, it was a disgusting day and age, I am not Jewish, but give it up, should be left alone in my opinion. Its like people collecting KKK materials and decorating their house with it. I just kinda of find it offensive especially when people bring people over of that opposing decent.

"I think darkness eternal and tunimetal are the same person..." check their ip's ???

koich, to whom are you referring?

for those of you watching: judaism is a religion. jewish is considered both a religion and/or a "race" (there is no scientific evidence that shows there are different races, only different evolutionary adaptations of the same species - scientific american october 2003). a jew doesnt necessarily have to practice judaism. a white person or a black person or an asian can practice judaism but that doesnt make them a jew. i guess maybe it makes them jewish though. does that clear it up?

I can't think what checking our IP addresses would prove.

www.nonymouse.com perhaps?

And I could easily browse the forum as two users; one in Firefox, my main browser, and another in Internet Explorer.

However, despite all this, Tunimetal and me are not the same person... for all I know he's serious.

dorian gay said:
for those of you watching: judaism is a religion. jewish is considered both a religion and/or a "race" (there is no scientific evidence that shows there are different races, only different evolutionary adaptations of the same species - scientific american october 2003). a jew doesnt necessarily have to practice judaism. a white person or a black person or an asian can practice judaism but that doesnt make them a jew. i guess maybe it makes them jewish though. does that clear it up?

I think that's possibly the worst attempt at clearing something up I've ever seen.

I say leave him alone. English is his second language and he's been informed that Opeth is not in any way affiliated with the jewish community lyricly wise.
He has also been informed that Opeth are Swedes, not Germans.
Plus Akerfedlt said in the FAQ "The best interpretation [to the albums] is your own" and obviously he interpreted it in his own way, and although it may be different than what Akerfeldt inteaded it to be, it still is his interpretation.
Opeth are not anti-semetic Tunimental, they are a band that just tells stories through music. I myself find Nazism to be a bullshit belief, and trust me in the fact that Opeth are not neo-nazis, but are infact, a group of musical geniuses.
Don't worry about messages and don't over analyze music. Just enjoy My Arms, Your Hearse for what it is, a ghost story.

I would say not to drag this thread on any longer, but of course you people couldnt possibly do that.. Wait for mikael if you really think its an issue

Status
Not open for further replies.