Is Opeth Anti-jews?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is hell'arious!! I'm getting such a kick out of this. One newbie asked a question and this turned to a bitch out fest, alright, Opeth's music is the best music ever created I don't care who they hate, pfft I could actually care less about who they hate, I have no right to change their views if they did.

Now time to ask Mr.Dictionary what he says Anti-Semitisim means.
I was going to just say "Anti semitisim is the hatred towards jews and not polish people so go get sodomized by a beer bottle." But instead of yet again causing another opposition I hope to bring clousre to this dumb fight about what the damn word means haha...

Alright ladies and gentlemen... Mr.Dictionary says....
(Drumroll)

==============================================
Anti Semitisim

an·ti-Sem·i·tism (nt-sm-tzm, nt-)
n.
1.) Hostility toward or prejudice against Jews or Judaism.
2.) Discrimination against Jews.
==============================================

dorian gray said:
koich, to whom are you referring?

for those of you watching: judaism is a religion. jewish is considered both a religion and/or a "race" (there is no scientific evidence that shows there are different races, only different evolutionary adaptations of the same species - scientific american october 2003). a jew doesnt necessarily have to practice judaism. a white person or a black person or an asian can practice judaism but that doesnt make them a jew. i guess maybe it makes them jewish though. does that clear it up?

kinda proves how stupidly people came up with racism, but thats not the point. the point is that in all likelyhood you just confused tuninmetal even more. now he'll say (if eternal darkness didnt scare him away) "no you got it all wrong, antisemite is when you dont like asian-hispanics, yea, antijew is when you dont like a black person who converted to judaism."

suislidE said:
I would say not to drag this thread on any longer, but of course you people couldnt possibly do that.. Wait for mikael if you really think its an issue
I do not think this will rest till Mikael HIMSELF resolves the issue.

yea, mikael has that REALLY dark tan, and you can always hear a middle-eastern accent in his music...

VEHEMENCE said:
Sieg Heil read mein kauf as their bible fanatics, pfft these idiots need to parish along with their bloodlines.
Hey John, check your email :cool:

This is the dumbest thread I've ever seen. Somebody dig up the MAYH story for this chap.

Tunimetal said:
I am BART from Tunsia
^
notggggggu.jpg

Katatonic said:
Anti-semitism is hatred of the Semite race, which is the Jews.

Hi guys. I don't write here, but am rather just a lurker. I just wanted to say a few things:

1) The Semite race ISN'T the Jewish race. It also includes Arabs in it. It kinda like The Middle Eastern races, at least thats the best explanation I can think of. However, with time that phrase morphed a bit into excluding the other races, and meaning only the Jewish race. My point is, while it doesn't REALLY mean anti Jewish, it's referred by us as anti Jewish - so in fact, none of you are wrong.

2) I think that whoever posted it looked too deep and searched for that meaning. I mean, you can find racisim in almost anything if you search hard enough.

3) This thread is fucking funny! :tickled:

Status
Not open for further replies.