Is Opeth too sad?

Here are Opeth songs I don't find overly sad: Harvest, Benighted, Face of Melinda, April Ethereal, The Leper Affinity (it even brightens up in the end!), Patterns in the Ivy and the winner of them all Atonement.:cool:

^ Sad or violent then.

Depends if you talk lyrics-wise or musicwise, really.

Harvest, Face of Melinda, and April Ethereal are sad.

Benighted, Atonement and Patterns in the Ivy are... just mysterious, they show hope within sadness.

The Leper Affinity is just brutal, not sad, indeed. The point is that it's not happy at all.

that's the reason y i don't like last 2 albums...too happy for me.i'd prefer the coldness of their previous album.

ps; not emo,just a katatonia fan lol

^ Sad or violent then.

Depends if you talk lyrics-wise or musicwise, really.

Harvest, Face of Melinda, and April Ethereal are sad.

Benighted, Atonement and Patterns in the Ivy are... just mysterious, they show hope within sadness.

The Leper Affinity is just brutal, not sad, indeed. The point is that it's not happy at all.

I meant the music. The musical vibe. All of their lyrics are gloomy and without hope.:rolleyes:

Opeth is not sad. it's just depressive and melancholic, but not sad. not at all

Well, opeth is a prog rock band with death metal influences. they focus on negative things in life in their music. i think "too sad" is not a good way to describe their music.

Well, opeth is a prog rock band with death metal influences. they focus on negative things in life in their music. i think "too sad" is not a good way to describe their music.

youd be surprised.
use the search function and look for are opeth death metal. epic thread.