Is Pyramaze a Christian band?

I totally agree with Michael, and his beliefs on religion. Religion really should not be considered in music, but there will always be someone whose beliefs will read into everything. If you do read the bible you will find references to music and song all through it, but we should never impose our beliefs on others. Our beliefs are ours and ours alone. We are all brothers and sisters in this world, and need to start acting like it. If you look at PYRAMAZE and look into the diverse backgrounds and nationalities they all come from it will warm your heart that these guys are brothers, and will continue to be. These guys are a great bunch, and i respect all of them as i do consider them my friends, especially Michael, Jonah, and Lance. So i say to all my metal brothers and sisters, it's the music, its the comradeer, its being yourself that makes us fans and brothers and sisters.

PS. Michael and Jonah, the BBQ offer is still in effect and will be until you get your asses here and enjoy it.

John

Pyramaze51 said:
I totally agree with Michael, and his beliefs on religion. Religion really should not be considered in music, but there will always be someone whose beliefs will read into everything. If you do read the bible you will find references to music and song all through it, but we should never impose our beliefs on others. Our beliefs are ours and ours alone. We are all brothers and sisters in this world, and need to start acting like it. If you look at PYRAMAZE and look into the diverse backgrounds and nationalities they all come from it will warm your heart that these guys are brothers, and will continue to be. These guys are a great bunch, and i respect all of them as i do consider them my friends, especially Michael, Jonah, and Lance. So i say to all my metal brothers and sisters, it's the music, its the comradeer, its being yourself that makes us fans and brothers and sisters.

PS. Michael and Jonah, the BBQ offer is still in effect and will be until you get your asses here and enjoy it.

John

:Spin: :Spin: :Spin: WE ARE THE WORLD, WE ARE THE CHILDREN, WE ARE THE ONES WHO MAKE A BRIGHTER (better, idk if you know the lyrics to it you are lame anyway) DAY SO LET'S START GIVING!! :Spin: :Spin: :Spin:

Pyramaze51 said:
I totally agree with Michael, and his beliefs on religion. Religion really should not be considered in music, but there will always be someone whose beliefs will read into everything. If you do read the bible you will find references to music and song all through it, but we should never impose our beliefs on others. Our beliefs are ours and ours alone.

John

Religion should not be considered in music.............!??!? Ummm, why?!?!? Really, give me one good reason. As a Christian, I can certainly think of at least one DAMN good reason not to listen to dimmu borgir's "tormentor of Christian souls". I don't have to "read" a whole lot into that one.

I agree that our beliefs are ours and ours alone, but that doesn't and SHOULDN'T prevent anyone from sharing those beliefs if they so wish.
Sorry, but anyone who thinks otherwise is weird in my opinion.

säki

dargormudshark said:
I think you should be able to say whatever you want !!!
thus is my opinion, because if one truly has confidence in their own beliefs, then they would allow contradiction to exist as it cannot harm their beliefs nor ruin them. in such a way i would say all things have a place in music, as a Christian i do enjoy pro-christian lyrics, but i am not everyone, and everyone has their own opinions. i won't tell anyone what they can't listen to, and in the same way, i expect the same respect in return :)

dargormudshark said:
I think you should be able to say whatever the fuck you want...

Umm, yeah, that's essentially what I was saying anyway........

dargormudshark said:
and Dimmu Borgir's tormenter of christian souls pwns!!!

Maybe the music, but the lyrics are stupid, and they show what kind of dim-witted morons dimmu really are. :Spin:

säki

Two pages. Its time to celebrate.

I like tits. And Legend of the Bone Carver will slay as much as a nice rack of C's in my face and a leatherclad glove giving the shocker. BZZZZZZZZT!

Just so I dont come across as an imbecile with my previous post I'll throw in my two cents. In a nutshell I agree with Michael on his views of basically "Metal should be a force that brings people together" What I've noticed is that extremists on both sides of the fence, Anti - Christian and Pro Jesus take things too far. The story about Michael's friend not wanting to partake in HARMLESS enjoyment of metal and a bit o drink is just mindblowing. On the other hand I had a, I wouldn't say friend, more like someone I knew of, person I was talking to refuse to listen to Theocracy because he was on a "I hate God" spiel and just cos Theocracy was Christian themed he didnt listen to it.

I myself listen to secular, Christian, and Anti Christian bands and I consider myself somewhat spiritual (this is a long debate in itself) but I love music too much to turn something down because they happen to dislike a higher power. Some of my more enjoyable listening experiences have come from bands that do not neccessarily believe the same as me as well as some bands who would probably hate me just because of what I think.

Daybreaker said:
Just so I dont come across as an imbecile with my previous post I'll throw in my two cents. In a nutshell I agree with Michael on his views of basically "Metal should be a force that brings people together" What I've noticed is that extremists on both sides of the fence, Anti - Christian and Pro Jesus take things too far. The story about Michael's friend not wanting to partake in HARMLESS enjoyment of metal and a bit o drink is just mindblowing. On the other hand I had a, I wouldn't say friend, more like someone I knew of, person I was talking to refuse to listen to Theocracy because he was on a "I hate God" spiel and just cos Theocracy was Christian themed he didnt listen to it.

I myself listen to secular, Christian, and Anti Christian bands and I consider myself somewhat spiritual (this is a long debate in itself) but I love music too much to turn something down because they happen to dislike a higher power. Some of my more enjoyable listening experiences have come from bands that do not neccessarily believe the same as me as well as some bands who would probably hate me just because of what I think.

Except that "extremists" on the Christian side of the fence have never encouraged violence, murder, rape or hatred. So really, you are comparing apples and oranges. I know what you're saying, but there is also a HUGE difference between being spiritual and being explicitly Christian, or being spiritual and explicitly Pagan/Satanist, etc, etc..... Imagine being a Jew and being told that he/she are dumb for not listening to NSBM bands!!! I find some of these anti-Christian lyrics to be beyond offense.........I mean, they are almost psychotic. Music has always been about the lyrics as well...especially metal. That's why metal lyricists don't write songs about cakes and pies or skateboarding or going to the beach. The lyrics are a HUGE part of the metal scene. I completely understand your friend (well, the guy you knew of) not wanting to listen to Theocracy. He has every right to dislike the band because of the lyrics, just as I have every right to dislike Anti-Christian bands.

säki

Actually, Alex did an editorial over the importance of lyrics a while back on the site you might like. While it is hard line to find, I myself can enjoy "Anti Christian" bands but when it comes to shit like Graveland with stuff like "White Hand's Power" and stuff like that I dont listen to them because of the lyrics and well, the music is pretty crap too.

On the other hand I dont take bands like Dimmu Borgir seriously because, well I laugh at them. A dude in Kiss makeup with vocal effects telling me he hates Heyzeus for whatever reason (maybe hes cold and grim and frostbitten) makes me giggle. tee hee.

Also most so called "satanic" bands I think do this stuff for show and shock value and honestly its beyond being worn thin. Cmon man how many times can you basically rail against god before it sounds redundant, about twice.

Well I never siad I take Dimmu serisously, I don't take any band that claims they are satanic or pagan or whatever serisouly, except for Dissection. But the same goes for christian bands, most of them I think are in it for the money (Creed), but then there are exceptions such as the aformentioned Theocracy.

PyramazeGuitar said:

I take it from this that you are a 'real' Christian. If people want to share their beliefs in a non-hostile way, then that's okay with me. The only thing I’m 100 % against, is the fanatics and extremists of this world. By that I mean people who are so consumed by their religion, that it takes over reasonable thinking and their life’s in general. The way I see it, religion should be a sanctuary for the mind, not an obsession which makes a person behave like a lunatic towards other people, religions or ideas. Let me give you an example (although it's rather harmless). I was at a party once, were we listened to really good heavy metal all night. We where head banging and drinking some beer and a bit of whisky. Just having fun - no harmful words or strange behaviour - no satanic or religious outbursts of any kind. Suddenly one of the guys disappeared into the other room, and didn't come back. We thought this was weird, so later we went in there to talk to him. What he said was: I'm sorry, I can't stand it anymore, your music and the drinking makes me have a bad conscience towards god, so I had to leave the room.... :err:
Although it's rather harmless behaviour, there's something really wrong with this scenario. Does he really think that god will strike down upon him, just because he listens to some heavy metal, and drinks a few beers?!?!? Before you say, 'oh - it's probably the booze talking' - no, he was not drunk.

I guess the moral of the story is: If people are religious in any way, then fine - that's not a bad thing, but don't let it take over your life’s. Heavy Metal is not "the devil" and listening to a heavy metal band who is not declared a Christian band is not a sin!

:devil:

I think that if anyone is a "true" Christian, they will not behave in any way that purposely bugs others. Christians are called to act the way Jesus did, and NOT to be "holier than thou". Jesus was completely obsessed with God, you can say, but if you look at his life, you don't see a single example of him behaving like a lunatic towards others. What Christians are supposed to do is show other people Christ's love through loving others, NOT act beter than them.

Onto the drinking thing: personally, I choose not to drink too, but I'm not rude about it in any way, shape, or form. Jesus hung around people who were drunks, prostitutes, social outcasts, etc, although he didn't partake in their behaviors. If you guys are of age, sure drink if you want. I'm underage so I don't, but I don't have a problem with "legal" people drinking as long as the purpose isn't to get drunk.

dargormudshark said:
Well I never siad I take Dimmu serisously, I don't take any band that claims they are satanic or pagan or whatever serisouly, except for Dissection. But the same goes for christian bands, most of them I think are in it for the money (Creed), but then there are exceptions such as the aformentioned Theocracy.

LMAO! "Most of them are in it for the money", and then you name one band, which is now defunct!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dude, even the great majority of bands in the secular market are not "in it for the money". There isn't really a lot of money in the metal scene unless you are a big name. I would bet that almost every single member of Pyramaze holds a real job....that royalties from Melancholy Beast aren't putting food on the table and paying the monthly bills. It's even WORSE in the Christian market. There is no money in Christian metal.....unless you are a member of Stryper.....and the year is 1987....... You can doubt Christians' sincerity if you want to, but you really have no reason to.

säki

There are far more bands making crappy music and plugging money from the "satanist" (note the heavy quotations) image than bands making money from the "Christian" (?) image.

crimson sacrifice said:
I don't have a problem with "legal" people drinking as long as the purpose isn't to get drunk.
what's wrong with getting drunk?
other_drunk.gif
music_beerbang.gif