Is Pyramaze a Christian band?

Iced Dog said:
what's wrong with getting drunk?
other_drunk.gif
music_beerbang.gif

Nothing, as long as you aren't behind the wheel of a car. So many thousands of innocent people die every year because of stupid drunk drivers.

Also, the Bible warns against excessive drinking, but it DOES NOT ban drinking altogether.

säki

MGS said:
I like drinking to get drunk :)

- just my 2 cents

Well, I am a Christian, so I won't lie.................I DO TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! :headbang:
Though I am more of a liquor/wine/apple cider person. My tastebuds never got used to the taste of beer.

säki

saki said:
Well, I am a Christian, so I won't lie.................I DO TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! :headbang:
Though I am more of a liquor/wine/apple cider person. My tastebuds never got used to the taste of beer.

säki

I don't really like beer that much either, unless it's on tap, there I will make an exception :headbang:

saki said:
LMAO! "Most of them are in it for the money", and then you name one band, which is now defunct!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dude, even the great majority of bands in the secular market are not "in it for the money". There isn't really a lot of money in the metal scene unless you are a big name. I would bet that almost every single member of Pyramaze holds a real job....that royalties from Melancholy Beast aren't putting food on the table and paying the monthly bills. It's even WORSE in the Christian market. There is no money in Christian metal.....unless you are a member of Stryper.....and the year is 1987....... You can doubt Christians' sincerity if you want to, but you really have no reason to.

säki

I didn't say Christian metal did I? I am talking about just christian pop/rock...ya know the type of stuff the big churches push. Creed isn't one of those bands, but I always got the impression that they were using a gimick, just as Stryper was. I also know that most metal bands have dayjobs, even certain members of Symphony X still have day jobs.As far as Satanic metal (mainly being black metal and it's sub-genres) it's just gimick with the exception for Dissection (except they aren't anything close to black anymore). For example the vocalist for Deicide is supposed to be this big stanist, he even has an inverted cross tatooed on his forhead, but yet he still celebrates Christmas and yes he does refer to it as christmas and he doesn't play shows during the holiday season..yeah wtf? All I am trying to say is that both can be used as a gimick, money maker, etc...

dargormudshark said:
I didn't say Christian metal did I? I am talking about just christian pop/rock...ya know the type of stuff the big churches push. Creed isn't one of those bands, but I always got the impression that they were using a gimick, just as Stryper was. I also know that most metal bands have dayjobs, even certain members of Symphony X still have day jobs.As far as Satanic metal (mainly being black metal and it's sub-genres) it's just gimick with the exception for Dissection (except they aren't anything close to black anymore). For example the vocalist for Deicide is supposed to be this big stanist, he even has an inverted cross tatooed on his forhead, but yet he still celebrates Christmas and yes he does refer to it as christmas and he doesn't play shows during the holiday season..yeah wtf? All I am trying to say is that both can be used as a gimick, money maker, etc...

Well, what else would we be talking about?!? I mean, we are members of the ULTIMATE METAL FORUM. Plus, you named a nu-metal band, Creed, not a pop-rock band. Anyway, I still don't see where you get the idea that it's all a gimmick. I especially don't see why you say that Stryper's career was a gimmick. They've stayed true to their beliefs all these years, even after the big paychecks stopped coming in. I see where you are coming from, but to accuse people of being insincere without any real shred of evidence is very judgmental.

saki said:
Well, what else would we be talking about?!? I mean, we are members of the ULTIMATE METAL FORUM. Plus, you named a nu-metal band, Creed, not a pop-rock band. Anyway, I still don't see where you get the idea that it's all a gimmick. I especially don't see why you say that Stryper's career was a gimmick. They've stayed true to their beliefs all these years, even after the big paychecks stopped coming in. I see where you are coming from, but to accuse people of being insincere without any real shred of evidence is very judgmental.

Ofcourse it's judgemental, and Creed is not nu-metal, not even metal at all. The reason I judged Stryper as insencere is because they make it look like a joke, as most hair metal made metal look like a joke, but Styper made christianity look like a joke. If Stryper were the only christians in the world it would have probably made you laugh your ass off at the religion. As far as the pop/rock/alternative christian acts go I do belive alot of them are insencere because there is a big fan base for that genre....yes it is a bigger fan base than the progpower scene (which really isn't a big fan base, devoted more than alot of others, but still not large). Oyu live in the states and big churches put on alot of big christian festivals with christian bands playing...yes, exactly what South Park was making fun of. The bands make a decent living for being a band.

dargormudshark said:
Ofcourse it's judgemental, and Creed is not nu-metal, not even metal at all. The reason I judged Stryper as insencere is because they make it look like a joke, as most hair metal made metal look like a joke, but Styper made christianity look like a joke. If Stryper were the only christians in the world it would have probably made you laugh your ass off at the religion. As far as the pop/rock/alternative christian acts go I do belive alot of them are insencere because there is a big fan base for that genre....yes it is a bigger fan base than the progpower scene (which really isn't a big fan base, devoted more than alot of others, but still not large). Oyu live in the states and big churches put on alot of big christian festivals with christian bands playing...yes, exactly what South Park was making fun of. The bands make a decent living for being a band.

Well, what you are stating are yours OPINIONS, which are not the same as FACTS! Stryper made Christianity look like a joke in your opinion, not in mine. Yeah, they wore make-up and spandex (sp?), and so did everyone else during the 80s. It was the style at the time. Thank God it changed, but it was certainly ok at that time. Now, had Styper looked the way they did in 1986 during the mid-90s, yeah, it would've been a joke. Anyway, your belief that most pop/rock/alternative christian acts are insincere is based solely on the fact that there is a large fanbase (which will pay for CDs, shirt, concerts, etc) for these acts?!? Sounds irrational to me. Seriously, what you're saying is that if bands have religious lyrics then it's not ok for them to make money (or earn a good living) from their intellectual property!!! Really man, that's crazy. I'm sure you don't have a problem with Ozzy making millions, but if a Christian act makes enough money to live a comfortable life then their faith is a farce?!? Hypocrisy! And it sounds subtly like anti-Christianity to me.

By the way, with the exception of a few Unblack and Christian Death Metal bands, I don't really listen to Christian music. Let me add one more thing, just because it's on South Park doesn't make it true.

säki

When I saw the four necked guitar in that video for Freight Train I about shat my pants. Actually I did leak a little bit. Nitro are so bad that they are awesome, a definite guilty pleasure.

saki said:
Well, what you are stating are yours OPINIONS, which are not the same as FACTS! Stryper made Christianity look like a joke in your opinion, not in mine. Yeah, they wore make-up and spandex (sp?), and so did everyone else during the 80s. It was the style at the time. Thank God it changed, but it was certainly ok at that time. Now, had Styper looked the way they did in 1986 during the mid-90s, yeah, it would've been a joke. Anyway, your belief that most pop/rock/alternative christian acts are insincere is based solely on the fact that there is a large fanbase (which will pay for CDs, shirt, concerts, etc) for these acts?!? Sounds irrational to me. Seriously, what you're saying is that if bands have religious lyrics then it's not ok for them to make money (or earn a good living) from their intellectual property!!! Really man, that's crazy. I'm sure you don't have a problem with Ozzy making millions, but if a Christian act makes enough money to live a comfortable life then their faith is a farce?!? Hypocrisy! And it sounds subtly like anti-Christianity to me.

By the way, with the exception of a few Unblack and Christian Death Metal bands, I don't really listen to Christian music. Let me add one more thing, just because it's on South Park doesn't make it true.

säki

Ofcourse their opinions!!!! The fans of these bands (pop/rock christian bands) supposedly like them soley on their lyrics...please that is bullshit. It has nothing to do with the actual music, the lyrics are seperate. I am not anti-christian (I am against christians who are ignorant and push their beliefs on others, like my aunt and uncle who gave me abook telling me I am a satanist) I think 99.23424% are just as stupid, not because their "beliefs" because they are using it as a gimick. I never said it is wrong to make money, I think it is ashame that bands that I believe to be insencere make money. I do have a problem with Ozzy making millions because he is a no-talent assclown. I never said it's on South park therefore it true, how long has it been before you took a lesson in reading comprehension?