Is Slipknot metal?

is slipknot metal?

• yes

Votes: 55 44.7%
  • no

Votes: 68 55.3%

• Total voters
I see your point, but it doesnt really matter what genre a band comes under, its what the music sounds like that does. I don't listen to slipknot, or any other nu-metal bands, and dont care whether or not they're classed as metal. i just get upset when people class them as good. Rather than debating whether slipknot is metal or not, surely it would be better to concentrate upon destroying all the little 8 year old 'kiddie-metallers'. THAT isn't metal. It's just pathetic!

Originally posted by Lee_B

It IS metal and your comment about the poprock from before is nothing short of idiotic. I'd like to know what exactly isn't metal about Slipknot?

If Slipknot isn't metal then what is? What does that make Manowar, the self-proclaimed "Kings Of Metal" who aren't even nearly as heavy as Slipknot?

Being metal isn't anything to do with how popular a band is. It is, fudamenatally, about heavy guitars and heavy riff-driven music, which Slipknot have by the truckload.

They may well be really popular. They may well dress like clowns. They may well have a fan-base of 12 year old kids. But they're metal none the less. Fact. The more you argue the more foolish you'll make yourself look.

When I was 12 me and all my pals were all wearing Iron Maiden shirts. They were the Slipknot of the early 80's! Are they not metal either?

Lee B

Well they may be metal but they sure as hell dont deserve to be called metal i think thats the thing. they dont deserve it they suck ass and give good metal a bad name

Originally posted by Mr. Black
yeah, i bet when you were 8 i beat you writting your own zine, and involved with all sorts of underground bands...fucking idiot

So you were? good to know. I like to go to metalshows, not 8th grade parties when i go to a gig, do I have a problem cause i think kids cant/wont appreciate true music? you bet your ass i have a problem, if they parents can teach them a lesson i can. When i was a 12 or 13 year old i shure listened to crap like Metallica as well as sepultura and Morbid Angel, but i wasnt a stupid kid wearing tshirts of my fav bands and trying to get into gigs and all that. Kids can listen to whatever the fuck they want but when this kids start bothering you in YOUR gigs and YOUR scene, then you know you gotta strike them