Isis

It's good you enjoy City of Echoes because it was the downfall of Pelican and a complete trash album while before they made it, they were one of the best bands out there.
I don't get how whiney people are about City of Echoes. I mean, it's a bit soul-less and extremely "by the numbers" for Pelican, but it's still solid material and there are some incredible moments among it.

I don't get how whiney people are about City of Echoes. I mean, it's a bit soul-less and extremely "by the numbers" for Pelican, but it's still solid material and there are some incredible moments among it.

When you listen to the Untitled EP, Australia, and Fire In Our Throats and then listen to City of Echoes and NOT have whiney complaints, I'd be shocked.

Like I said, a bit souless. A bit by the numbers. It's still Pelican.

Anyway Russian Circles pretty much superseded them so I'm not that fussed.

I'm totally digging the new Isis. They've evolved with each release, and I find that to be a positive. The new disc is better than the previous disc. However, I liked the previous disc as well.

Zod

I just think that alot of the atmosphere created in Isis tracks is destroyed by that wailing hooligan.

I normally despise these type of vocal stylings, but they add so much strenght to Isis' songs. the fact that they keep them brief helps a lot as well.

I'm totally digging the new Isis. They've evolved with each release, and I find that to be a positive. The new disc is better than the previous disc. However, I liked the previous disc as well.

Zod

Hmmm...I think that Panopticon is light years better than the new record. I like the new one as well. It just seems a bit watered down.

It's good you enjoy City of Echoes because it was the downfall of Pelican and a complete trash album while before they made it, they were one of the best bands out there.

Well then I'd really like their other stuff since CoE is the only one I've heard.

I fucking love CoE. It makes great 'get ready for work music' along with Luciferion.

Panopticon isn't their previous disc. When I said I prefer the new CD to their previous disc, I was referring to In the Absence of Truth, which followed Panopticon.

Zod

I didn't even realize they had a new(er) one. Wavering Radiant. Right, haven't heard it yet. Thanks for bringing it up though. Leaked?

...and since its not out yet, Panopticon would still be their previous release. Sorry I didn't realize we were including unreleased materials. I think the record they will put out in 2012 /is/ far superior.

I didn't even realize they had a new(er) one. Wavering Radiant. Right, haven't heard it yet. Thanks for bringing it up though. Leaked?
Yes and yes.

...and since its not out yet, Panopticon would still be their previous release. Sorry I didn't realize we were including unreleased materials. I think the record they put out 2012 is far superior.
If you follow the latter part of thread, the conversation has turned to discussing Wavering Radiant. And my point wasn't intended to say what should qualify as their previous release, only to explain what I was referring to.

Zod

So far, 3 songs into it; it is indeed better than ITAOT, I like that the punchier production is back ... but still waiting for that hypnotic song to suck me in.

Australasia, IMO, is superior to anything Isis has ever done, and will never be touched by the band again. THey really hit on something there. I also like City of Echoes more than Fire In Our Throats.

Oceanic is Isis' peak. Panopticon, while excellent, is far to soft and post-rocky, and just too easy of an album, as evidenced by the hoardes of new fans is garnered them, not to mention all of the former anti-core crew here at RC. To see lurch, Zod, and JayK espouse love for a band that has even an inkling to do with -core is quite astounding. But it's all good!

I don't know if I'll be buying this one blind. I bought ItAoT, and it turned out to be a waste. Anyone want my copy? Just give me old school shitty doom that all of you are always complaining about and it's yours. I'll even throw in some freebies, of my choice.

Still, Neurosis > Isis :loco:

i like isis now

which album should i get

i know youre going to say panopticon

I don't know if I'll be buying this one blind. I bought ItAoT, and it turned out to be a waste. Anyone want my copy? Just give me old school shitty doom that all of you are always complaining about and it's yours. I'll even throw in some freebies, of my choice.

sup

taking you up on this offer. i wish i had some really shitty power metal to trade since that appears to be your flavour of da week