It now appears definate that John wont be back.

timmyc

Dec 16, 2002
Sorry to state what is perhaps pretty obvious, but with all the buzz surrounding Anthrax now with what seems like a pretty successful tour and talk of a record surfacing this year which I for one cannot wait for, it appears that John Bush and the Thrax will not be appearing together again.

While I am absolutely stoked to hear that there will be a new record with Joey :hotjump:, at the same time it's bitter-sweet cause it seems we will not hear stuff like What Doesn't Die, Room For One More, Only, Inside Out, Safe Home (this list could go forever).......... in the live circuit again. I guess we can never have it all though!!

To Scott, Charlie and the guys - awesome that Anthrax will continue to live on, and here's a big heads up to a new Anthrax record in 2006. :headbang:

I don't think some songs would sound right atll with Joey but I bet he could sell only, blachouse, caharisis, and quite a few others well enough.

Yeah, I've been waiting to hear "What Doesn't Die" live since I first heard the song. Oh well...

What did he say? I was at that show and neither one of them said that Danny and Joey were back in the band. Scott did say that there was a new album coming out though.

Yeah, they probably don't want to commit to anything just yet, I'm guessing at this point it's John's decision and he's not sure (probably something to do with his having kids and stuff, maybe trying to figure out if touring is for him, or maybe just taking a break altogether, so the rest of the band decided a great idea would be to have a reunion so that something happens while John's making his decision, so they called up Joey and Dan who're probably desperate right now, and they decide to make an album). I dunno. What really, really, really, really bothers me is the lack of information we're getting. Why can't someone just tell us what the fuck is going on? I want to know at the very least if I'm even close to right.

seriously, Dan probably could make the same amout, or more money with his watchmaking skills. Several major corporations had hired him to do research. I think this is something he really wanted to do. I think we should all just enjoy it, in the event that it isn't permanent. I'm glad the boys are doing so well on this tour.

:hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump:
Thats joy because things are finally moving forward either way but i still want to hear or see a statment from John. Maybe bigger things are happening that we dont know. :hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump:

coolsnow7 said:
Yeah, they probably don't want to commit to anything just yet, I'm guessing at this point it's John's decision and he's not sure.

I hate to burst your bubble, but Scott already said that there would be no Anthrax unless they took Joey back. Which by definition is selling out.

If Anthrax switched to polka for the survival of the band, would you be ok with it?

H8Red said:
If Anthrax switched to polka for the survival of the band, would you be ok with it?

No, nor would I be okay with raping toddlers for the survival of the band. You said they sold out because they did something for the survival of the band. Such a position is silly, because nearly everything they do is for the survival of the band.

thraxx said:
Would they do a Cd..The Lesser of Two Evils and JOey would do John Songs???????

Ok i kidding!!!!

Ok, I know there's alot of new people on this board, but hasn't this joke already been made a few million times?

Har har har, and if they did do this, I would give up on the band altogether.

A new record with Joey could be cool. I'd most def give it a shot. Chances are I'd like it. A new record with Bush would be cool too. But it seems pretty obvious they're gonna record with Joey.

jdelpi said:
No, nor would I be okay with raping toddlers for the survival of the band. You said they sold out because they did something for the survival of the band. Such a position is silly, because nearly everything they do is for the survival of the band.

Raping toddlers= not ok
Raping adults = ok?!

New Anthrax record sounds great to me!! I really think they could release a masterpiece with this line-up.... I mean, it probably won't sell a ton but it could still kick some serious ass...

Karina_666 said:
seriously, Dan probably could make the same amout, or more money with his watchmaking skills. Several major corporations had hired him to do research. I think this is something he really wanted to do. I think we should all just enjoy it, in the event that it isn't permanent. I'm glad the boys are doing so well on this tour.

i hope they are doing so well on this tour, but i am defo not getting caught up in the hype.........cos two years ago, it looked like anthrax were ready to destroy all in its path, the tour seems to be taking all in its wake, the album killed......... 2 years later it was deemed a waste of time........i hope this reunion is going really well and in two years doesnt just rack up to more bad sales, cos it sucks to see them on the ropes.........