It now appears definate that John wont be back.

Stormwatch said:
Maybe it wouldn't work now because Scott always said Joey was a shit singer and couldn't cut it in the studio?
I personally prefer the older Anthrax material, but getting Joey and Dan back solely for money is just a joke. How can anyone respect them now?

I'm interested to learn how you know the motivation for Joey and Dan being back in the band. Some people are motivated by more than cash. I'm just guessing here, but I'm pretty sure that fixing and designing very high end watches pays pretty well to be a stand alone living. COuld it just be that the fellows have some unfinished business with Anthrax, or even God forbid, enjoy playing songs with some old friends that have let by-gones be by-gones? I realise that this isn't a sufficiently cynical position to make me fully metal, but hey, maybe I'm an optimist.

timmyc said:
While I am absolutely stoked to hear that there will be a new record with Joey :hotjump:, at the same time it's bitter-sweet cause it seems we will not hear stuff like What Doesn't Die, Room For One More, Only, Inside Out, Safe Home (this list could go forever).......... in the live circuit again.

I have to believe that on the next tour they will play stuff 2-4 Bush songs like Only, Safe Home, Room For One More, or What Doesn't Die. At least I hope so. I think the perfect first song of the encore for this current tour would have been to tear into Only.

lokey said:
i hope they are doing so well on this tour, but i am defo not getting caught up in the hype.........cos two years ago, it looked like anthrax were ready to destroy all in its path, the tour seems to be taking all in its wake, the album killed......... 2 years later it was deemed a waste of time........i hope this reunion is going really well and in two years doesnt just rack up to more bad sales, cos it sucks to see them on the ropes.........
Damn straight! maybe the reason I cherish the Bush/ Caggiano line up so much is that i saw them 4 times in the space of 18 months. And for the north of England to get such an ace band ONCE every two years is something. (damn metallica, making me travel 300 miles to see em. DAMN THEM!)
It was special, they had a fucking groovy album, it was starting to pick up steam then.....this?
WHYYYYYY?

Seeing the Bush Line-up and the current one in the last year has shown me that there is a crowd for this. People were really getting into it and enjoying themselves. Sometimes the majority rules....

As for me I don't care as long as There is still something.....

Bottom line, the only reason they haven't annouced who is going to sing on the new album is because everything hinges on John Bush.

Either

A) They want to write/sing the new album

or

B) Want the two of them to sing on the new album

Anyone hear any of Joey's albums? Note that the first one Paul Crook wrote almost the whole thing with him. Also realize that when you got past the you guys suck lyrics, the rest well sucked.

Do you really think that Joey 2006 will work with Anthrax? As much as I love them, they are playing the part of Quiet Riot right now (big rediculous hair and all).

vmr907 said:
Do you really think that Joey 2006 will work with Anthrax? As much as I love them, they are playing the part of Quiet Riot right now (big rediculous hair and all).

Whatever your opinion is, that is fine with me. To each their own.

But something that I have wondered for quite a while now is what does Joey's hair have to do with anything? Not directed only at you, but I have seen this comment made many times before and I don't get it. Is it because in the 80's dudes had long hair and now its not "fashionable"? I really don't understand. I could understand if a chick said that she didn't like guys with long hair but there have been quite a few guys on here that comment on it, and I don't get why they care so much about another guy's wardrobe or fashion statement. Someone enlighten me.

eighteeschick said:
But something that I have wondered for quite a while now is what does Joey's hair have to do with anything? Not directed only at you, but I have seen this comment made many times before and I don't get it. Is it because in the 80's dudes had long hair and now its not "fashionable"? I really don't understand. I could understand if a chick said that she didn't like guys with long hair but there have been quite a few guys on here that comment on it, and I don't get why they care so much about another guy's wardrobe or fashion statement. Someone enlighten me.

Agreed! I went to the reunion bashers board once and saw almost every thread mentioned Joey's hair, as if somehow Joey would become a better singer if he'd just cut his hair. It sounds pretty gay (not that there's anything wrong with that) for a guy to complain about another guy's hair. It was bad enough when people used the argument against Metallica that they sold out because they cut their hair. Nobody bitches about Frank's long hair, though.

eighteeschick said:
Whatever your opinion is, that is fine with me. To each their own.

I say it as a joke. It's not the long hair, it's the teased 80's crusty bangs. Just like he shouldn't be wearing spandex pants, the hair farm should have been clipped or the bangs grown out.

Also I just realized that Joey is the last guy singing with the quater mic stand.:headbang:

I think the reason just boils down to "It looks stupid". Metal is an image and attitude, whether people want to admit or not. That is why you hear people talk about Metallica and their hair cuts, Anthrax with Joey's frizzed out poofy hair and so on and so on. Just about every band has an image and that is why you hear about it so frequently.
Disturbed-Hot Topic Core
Korn-Baggy pants and eye brow piercings
Corrosion- Good ol Southern boys
Clutch-Dudes that look like they could work in a tool and die plant
Slipknot- Masked Gonads
S.O.A.D.- Douchebags
Satyricon- White face paint to look like they haven't left their basement in 17 years.
S/T- L.A. thugs

With that being said, I don't fit the mold of an average metal head. I wear dress clothes and suits(when needed). I don't care what I look like. All I know is I like the music I listen to and don't give a shit if I look metal enough or not.

whitey131 said:
I say it as a joke. It's not the long hair, it's the teased 80's crusty bangs. Just like he shouldn't be wearing spandex pants, the hair farm should have been clipped or the bangs grown out.

Also I just realized that Joey is the last guy singing with the quater mic stand.:headbang:

Oh, I see. It's not the long hair. It's the bangs :rolleyes:

And Chuck Billy still uses the quarter mic stand.

MyHatred said:
I think the reason just boils down to "It looks stupid". Metal is an image and attitude, whether people want to admit or not. That is why you hear people talk about Metallica and their hair cuts, Anthrax with Joey's frizzed out poofy hair and so on and so on. Just about every band has an image and that is why you hear about it so frequently.
Disturbed-Hot Topic Core
Korn-Baggy pants and eye brow piercings
Corrosion- Good ol Southern boys
Clutch-Dudes that look like they could work in a tool and die plant
Slipknot- Masked Gonads
S.O.A.D.- Douchebags
Satyricon- White face paint to look like they haven't left their basement in 17 years.
S/T- L.A. thugs

With that being said, I don't fit the mold of an average metal head. I wear dress clothes and suits(when needed). I don't care what I look like. All I know is I like the music I listen to and don't give a shit if I look metal enough or not.

Although I feel like a moron for engaging in such a conversation, I must say, Joey's hair is not "frizzed out" or "poofy." Look at a picture from 1988, then look at a picture from 2006. You'll see a huge difference.

jdelpi said:
Although I feel like a moron for engaging in such a conversation, I must say, Joey's hair is not "frizzed out" or "poofy." Look at a picture from 1988, then look at a picture from 2006. You'll see a huge difference.

Like I said, I don't really give a shit what they look like. I was merely stating my presumed reason for people commenting on stuff like that.

jdelpi said:
Oh, I see. It's not the long hair. It's the bangs :rolleyes:

And Chuck Billy still uses the quarter mic stand.

Oh come on, if you saw a guy like that walking through the mall you would think they were stuck in the 80's.

blachouse is by far one of my favorite Anthrax songs. And caharisis put us on the map!
I guess if you saw me walking through the mall (God forbid!) you'd think I was stuck in ancient Egypt.