It now appears definate that John wont be back.

H8Red said:
I hate to burst your bubble, but Scott already said that there would be no Anthrax unless they took Joey back. Which by definition is selling out.
No he didn't he said they needed to do the reunion tour or there could be no Anthrax.

coolsnow7 said:
Yeah, they probably don't want to commit to anything just yet, I'm guessing at this point it's John's decision and he's not sure (probably something to do with his having kids and stuff, maybe trying to figure out if touring is for him, or maybe just taking a break altogether, so the rest of the band decided a great idea would be to have a reunion so that something happens while John's making his decision, so they called up Joey and Dan who're probably desperate right now, and they decide to make an album). I dunno. What really, really, really, really bothers me is the lack of information we're getting. Why can't someone just tell us what the fuck is going on? I want to know at the very least if I'm even close to right.

Why do people keep assuming that because John Bush has a family now, thats the reason he didnt want to tour? Im sure he'd be out on the road with the band now had Charlie not wanted this reunion to happen. Kid or no kid im sure John would still be on the road. He said no to the tour and i dont blame him for not wanting to share the stage with the guy he replaced in the band for which John has been the frontman the longest.

Joey's gonna sing on the new record ONLY IF John Bush says his ultimate fuck off to the guys, and they have no other possibility. I would not wonder if that happened, though.

tomass74 said:
New Anthrax record sounds great to me!! I really think they could release a masterpiece with this line-up.... I mean, it probably won't sell a ton but it could still kick some serious ass...

Different times. Even though poisen was once successfull I don't think they could be big sellers today.

whitey131 said:
Different times. Even though poisen was once successfull I don't think they could be big sellers today.

I don't know about alot of the glam bands but remember Bon Jovi was on hiatus for a long time and they are back and as strong as before now and Motley Crue's reunion tour didn't seem to do too badly for itself last year either.

eighteeschick said:
I don't know about alot of the glam bands but remember Bon Jovi was on hiatus for a long time and they are back and as strong as before now and Motley Crue's reunion tour didn't seem to do too badly for itself last year either.

Hope you're not SERIOUSLY comparing Anthrax and Bon Jovi succesfulwise.

mrthrax said:
they need to finish unfinished business,it always worked before so why wouldnt a belladonna spitz thrax work now,very exciting i say.

Maybe it wouldn't work now because Scott always said Joey was a shit singer and couldn't cut it in the studio?
I personally prefer the older Anthrax material, but getting Joey and Dan back solely for money is just a joke. How can anyone respect them now?

Stormwatch said:
Maybe it wouldn't work now because Scott always said Joey was a shit singer and couldn't cut it in the studio?
I personally prefer the older Anthrax material, but getting Joey and Dan back solely for money is just a joke. How can anyone respect them now?

Nail on the head.

johnnieCzech said:
Hope you're not SERIOUSLY comparing Anthrax and Bon Jovi succesfulwise.

It said Different Times, i.e. Poison were big sellers back in the day doesn't mean that they are big sellers now. I said that Motley Crue were big sellers and their reunion tour last year seemed to have went well and Bon Jovi was on hiatus and they are back as strong as ever. Where did you see me comparing Anthrax to Bon Jovi successwise? More like I was saying that maybe this is a different time and Joey-era Anthrax will do just fine.

It's really too bad that we can't have both. I like both singers equally, and I think it would have been kick ass to see them both record new shit.:headbang:

eighteeschick said:

Yeah their tour did do well and their new album didn't do well.

I could be wrong and off base but I look at it like this. Alot of people are happy that the Joeythrax is back together. The shows are good, no argument their. But to think that they will automatically create AMTL again isn't realistic. Joey has said he didn't have much input into the writing, so it's safe to assume that the next record will be written by Scott and Charlie, who btw wrote the bulk of the last few that the Joeythrax fans say are stale.

Even if they did recreate the orignal mojo, that style of music (shit metal in general) doesn't sell as well as it did in the 80's. I think that when the buzz of a reunion dies down, they are still going to face the same drama they did with John, radio stations that don't play them, record labels that don't push them, and struggle on like they have.

jdelpi said:
Such a position is silly, because nearly everything they do is for the survival of the band.

Very well said. Who cares if they "sold out" or what not? Some thought they sold out when POT came out, others thought firing Joey for a different sound was selling out. I will be a fan regardless. The truth will be in the album after this if it all lasts. And who cares if it doesnt? Scott and co. will do what they want how they want it, its how they became what they are in the first place. If they catered to the crowd for every album, they would be like some other metal band whose name I won't mention (even though they didnt really do it either).

What the current tour shows is that Scott and Charlie ARE the band. The other pieces are somewhat interchangeable and totally based on personal musical preference for the most part. I think Caggiano and Bush are a better onstage presence than Spitz and Belladonna, but all of them are still fantastic when they're next to the rhythm section that drives them. I like Frankie and hope he sticks around no matter which way they go. Joey Vera was damn good as a replacement though.

The real fans need to get off their asses and buy the records regardless and they need to tell their friends about it so that the records sell. It's still cool to push good metal onto your buddies. :)

Who knows? Did anyone really think they'd see the current lineup back again?

the positives are they could possibly get a slightly better record company and also the element of surprise,we really dont know what to expect,other than that it could be there est record yet,i am confident it will be.