Italian tour, waiting

Well, I love Rome that's why I chose to live in and we love Opeth :worship: , you'll see :headbang: , and of course if you want to have a tour ask me :lol: :lol: and yes I'm kidding about the tour but not about the rest.
There are still six days to the gig... :loco:

wow, people forgot this thread.
in this very moment i'm leaving for the venue where opeth will play tonight. let's hope for the best!

hey there, opethpainter... we meet again! i'm from blackwater park, as you can guess.
tonight i'm going to Ravenna, let's hope to meet the guys and maybe to be able to have a look during the soundcheck... XD
well, enjoy your concerts fellows!

GREAT SHOW in Trezzo yesterday night, the guys rock, and they are a lot of fun! :kickass:

the setlist was the same posted in other threads of the current tour, except for a special little song for the birthday of a roadie or something that came on stage :)

GREAT SHOW in Trezzo yesterday night, the guys rock, and they are a lot of fun! :kickass:

the setlist was the same posted in other threads of the current tour, except for a special little song for the birthday of a roadie or something that came on stage :)

sono venuti fuori a fare gli autografi??:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Did they signed firms, did they come out after the show?

I want thank Opeth for their indimenticable show of last saturday,16 december 2006 in Ravenna.A special thank to Martin who has made 2 photos and a little video with me!
I'm waiting for the next show..:worship:

The gig in Rome was awesome and the crowd was fantastic! Melinda stayed a wake until Windowpane. She loved seeing her dad on stage :). I loved Rome beautiful city! Anna

Rome is awesome. I can't wait to go back someday.

Nice to see you on the board, Anna.

Say "hi" to Mike from all of us, and enjoy your holidays.

I was in rome on sunday...

It was really magic...you are so special...it's impossible to explain the emotions you are able to give me!!!

thank u guys!!!

hope to see u in italy once again as soon as possible :kickass:

First of all sorry for my english.I was in Roma 2 days ago.I have no words to describe my feelings during the concert.Just remember Rome fucking love you,guys.Hoping to see you soon in rome.

HI, all.

Yesterday i was at Roncade New Age for the final concert of the 9 months Opeth journey.
As i have told in the top of the topic, i am going to post my impressions and i would really be happy that Mikael will read this after , of course, cleaning his home and have a good time with his family :)
I mean that for the whole band, obviously.

1) i really loved the setlist, the night and the silent water, blackwater park, Windowpane, some pearls that i didn't "collect" in the other 2 shows.

2) The pub, new age, was too small and it didn't made justice of the greatness of our Opeth heroes but in the same time it was a "familiar" way to enjoy the show close to the members. Infact, i think it was great but for one that has never seen Opeth it was not the best situtation...

3) the sound was good, but in the first part the clean parts were a lot dirty , but later they have been fixed in deliverance.... not a great problem ;)

4) the people were not good -.- I don't now how Mikael can say that italian people are the greatest fans beacuse for all the show i heard idiots saying silly gags like "28 euros!!!" or " play DELIVERENCE" in the beginning of the show... -.-
Another thing, "HEADBANGING" IS NOT MOSHPITGAYMETALCORE crap and this peolple dont understand a dick ( i got some elbow strike from this idiots when i was compleatly lost in contemplation of the song -.-')
I think that Mikael say that beacuse he heards noise and thinks that is appreciation but for all the 2 shows i saw in italy there was the same type of italian idiots. ( i am italian but i know that the most part are idiots imagine that the most part voted for berlusconi wich is a mafia involved, but the people dont care -.-' ok i stop.)

5) OK and now the worst thing.
We really get angry for the after show.
Why the fu*k do we have to wait 2 hours (maybe more) in the cold freezing humid s*it of Roncade (probably worst place in the world) for seeing the members, and in the end, when we were disappointed and decided to quit only PETER and Martin Mendez came to us for the autographs and photos?
I MEAN, IT'S THE FU**ING LAST DATE! O_O the LAST date and Mikael does'nt come out from the bus??? THE LAST DATE OF THE 9 months tour and Mikael don't go to his fans to shake a hand?
We weren't 40 people! we were like 18 or something so i dont understand that!

We were really disappointed for that and we would like to have a reply from Mikael.

Anyway, me and my friends thanks you all for the great show and particulary Peter and Martin Mendez for be with the fans ( i said to Peter " Thanks Peter, you are the bravest" because he has been very nice and friendly with us.

Thanks bye bye if you have any opinions please write down.
shezmen

This is a photo i made :D

I don't know how it was at Roncade, but in Rome we ALL enjoyed the show, no one whined for the 28 euros and all of us went home with the smile on our faces.
And surely no one whined about the moshipit on some songs, it's fuckin metal, not a Laura Pausini concert!

I don't know how it was at Roncade, but in Rome we ALL enjoyed the show, no one whined for the 28 euros and all of us went home with the smile on our faces.
And surely no one whined about the moshipit on some songs, it's fuckin metal, not a Laura Pausini concert!

ho capito dio mio ma non puoi cominciare a dare spallate a caso come se fosse un concerto punk.. sono gli opeth, dovrebbero suonare nei teatri e sti qua si mettono a pogare come un concerto dei sepultura, una cosa è headbanging pogare è un altra cosa.

ah, another thing, the people was also shouting " play, don't talk" to mikael wich is another thing that shows how much italian do it better -.-

how was the place of the show in rome? big?
shezmen

I had a great night in Rome with Opeth, too many people for a very small shit place (and many others out in search of a ticket, unfortunately). We had several problems with the security, they didn’t want we enter with our cameras, and ok I can accept this but they didn’t allow us to enter with water!! Very bad thing, have they ever been to a concert?! But what makes me really pissed off is when I came into the place and the bar was selling anything you need to drink, what a bullshit! 2€ for a small bottle of water, and they said “Blame with the organization”. I have to thank Peter because he showered us with some water :D I love you guys! They’re part of my life since 5 years and I can’t stop thinking how I’m so lucky. The band has been great, and Amplifier are so nice guys yet when the drummer hit me in the head with his stick (of course now is a trophy :D). And then Mike said several times Opeth played in Rome last time ten years ago because some people said Rome is not good for metal. Of course you know it’s not true and I want to add that Rome is an easily attainable goal for Italian southern people, so please Mike keep your promise, we need a date in Rome next tour!! By the way, may I suggest you to change the place?! Alpheus sucks! And thank you guys because you’re so special when at 2.00 a.m. still had the time to sign autographs and to take a photo with anybody. I can’t be happier and is due to you! Thank you, thank you, thank you!! ‘Till next time, thank you Anna and Melinda for coming :worship:

@Shezmen

I think they like to throw a little party on the last night of the tour. I saw them a few years ago in Worcester, Mass. on the last night of the D&D tour and I had to wait 2 hours in the freezing February cold before a visibly inebriated Mikael finally came out to see the fans.

Eh. What are ya gonna do?

I'm afraid for Shezmen,but in Ravenna the show was awesome in all particulars,and I understand that the sound can't be perfect.After the show all the band came out,and It was very cool talk with Martin!

I'm afraid for Shezmen,but in Ravenna the show was awesome in all particulars,and I understand that the sound can't be perfect.After the show all the band came out,and It was very cool talk with Martin!

mh , it could happend but i repeat, that show was great, the only thing was that Akerfeld , Axenrot and Per didn't show to the fans : \ we were all freezing and was the final date...-_-'