Its Here!!!!!

Tony said:
hehehe.. Not a bad plan, that :lol:

Ill give em until friday, thats a week. If not, its payback time!

with ya all the way - Tone, HMV SUCK
frown.gif
"NOT YET ORDERED" is the crap I'm getting!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mad.gif

pre-ordered mine from my local HMV (ealing broadway) and picked it up on release date no problem

tho i did get the weird looks from the staff cos i had ordered something from a band they hadn't heard of and getting asked to confirm the name of the band, even tho it was written on the shirt i had on

Well i used the online store, pre ordered it, and on the da of release (monday) it said 'We are currently restocking from our suppliers' Its now 7 days later.

Poosticks.

finally got mine last thurs.... hmv can sod them selves tho cuz i didnt get it off them... wasnt giving them my money. I'm imaging that this way itll go straight to the band :p ;)

bloody travelling round country has made it impossible to really listen more than once til today however i am finally home ( :cry:) ...
some feckin top notch features !!

love the crazy vocals on BOTE, gives it something extra.
and ofcourse the guitars are as mind blowing as ever.

it defo wasn not all that i expected in some areas, but hell its alot more than i expected in others !

And having Beyond a pale existence on cd at last rules ... i first heard it almost 3 years ago when i saw them the first time, adrians last gig.
ive been dying to have it to myself since then. HOOORAH.

its intersting to hear that Lakis' voice has really moved on, and that even tho Adrian is credited on a number of the tracks, you can hear the difference that steves playing has added to them. and its cool to see that every band member has had a hand in writing at least one track. seeing that makes u realise it's an equal band and not just one person's ego.

i love the fact there are tracks with keyboards, female vocals and a string section.
everything that i loved in 'without you' put into an altogther rockin track.i found an email that Lakis sent me like years ago sayin hed written a very anathema like song, im guessin it might be another life as it seems that way.

Ah well.. altogther funky, and now on its 3rd play in 1 day, its certainly getting the N1F bouncing :p

ooooh and what an absolute EPIC is This is the end of everything !! im wondering if they will ever play this live .. and if so will they roll off the stage totally knackered. :p

ok there we go.

:headbang:

Well I gotta say I'm really dissapointed. I thought 54 would have progressed a bit more in 3 years.
I admit to be one of the ones who was calling for Lakis to step back and let someone else take over on Vox and I thought give him a while he might get better. OK he has but not enough for these ears. Some of the parts on the album are REAAAALLLY bad and out of tune. Had to cover my ears at one point during the duet when the violin comes in.
On the positive side though the music itself its great. [with the exception of the death metal track] and the lyrics are great but I just cant seem to enjoy the music because the vocals arent to my tastes. Just my opinion :p

For those who have been having trouble getting hold of the record, it's probably due to Plastic Head, who despite being a big distributor, don't tend to be that efficient (why Century Media stopped dealing with them a couple of years back)

Real World said:
Hope youre not comparing Lakis to Bruce ;)
Nah like I said musically its a great album and they still rock live but was a bit dissapointed with the album.

No no, just an example of another singer I like, but who has his own enemies. Of course, I'd not put up with Bruce-slating. :)

Hell - I think Mariah Carey is a crap singer. Not just because of the style in which she sings, but because she has such a limited ability, it's almost comical hearing her sing the same song over and over, with different names to them. And SHE's got awards! :ill: