It's that time again COB fans...interview questions

Liking the style of AYDY is like liking pop music. It's not so much an opinion as much as just going with the flow and doing what everyone else is doing. It's mainstream hardcore music and it's shit. It's made even more obvious that alexi didn't care about the playing of it at the time as his live performances during the AYDY era were terrible.

If AYDY is your favorite COB album, you're not going to be well received in these forums. Generally the people in these forums are the ones that like cob from the beginning. IMO Hatebreeder is the best neo-classical album of theirs, and Follow The Reaper is their best overall album. AYDY is pure trash and I can't stand to listen to it.

HCDR is a different matter altogether as it was while they were making the transition, so some songs like angels don't kill are amazing, while others are hardcore shit.

Hateing Blooddrunk and AYDY is just a fucking fashion statement get over it u sad little crybaby and listen to REAL metal!!!!

Are you still be able to play a song from something wild you didn't play live for a long time like the nail or Red Light in my eyes instantly?

Do you want to induce people to do something (saying fuck you to everyone doesn't count ;)) with your lyrics?

How far goes your vocal range?

Those are cool, but with the first two the interviewer should work on his/her tone not to sound harash or something.

What I don't get is how Janne puts up with it. I mean he used to play jazz before he played metal, and neoclassical metal is at least musical enough that it'd be a cool genre for him to transition into. But going into their current style I can't believe he's totally okay with it o_O

Never heard that he hates OMGSomething Wild? Never thought that he may like other styles too? Never thought that new style may be more challenging for him to fit his crazy classical playing?

Maybe this has already been asked, so sorry if it has, but if he could have his old Jackson guitars back, would he take them over the ESP's he has now?

He has never said anything about the guitars itself, but he has said that ESP treat him so well and Jackson treated him so bad that he'd never switch back although he's been offered several times. But he has never spoken about the actual guitars. Only about the companies and their staff.

Of cour he'$ totally ok with the new .

Look at me how cool I am I use teh irony and I call COB a sellout band! I rock!

Around 2003 when Alexander had left the band and you were looking for a replacement, you had to consider carefully taking Roope into the band because of his heavy drinking. So back then, would you have taken the Alexi of 2008?

2 things:
-Where did you get that thing about Roope's drinking from?
-I think that's going to sound harash no matter which tone the interviewer uses, because it implies that Alexi is worse nowadays, which it's not true. He's worse live, and I do think that a huge amount of the fault is the fact that he has his gutiar so damn low, because it's very uncomfortable to play there, but I don't see how his playing in the albums is worse than before.

Also, you could mention that some fan posted a video of him when he was younger playing with T.O.L.K (showing him the video with a laptop for example would be cool, I think he would appreciate to see it (considering that he don't go the net)) and ask him if he never thought of playing with them again or starting a new project, something different than Children Of Bodom.

A good question but depending on how it's asked, because he's just buried Sinergy (they may end the 4th album one day, but nothing else) which was his main 2nd band and now his only other ''project'' is Kylähullut.

Are you fucking kidding me? Are you one of those kids you thinks HCDC and AYDY are their best records?

Prick.

Are you one of those kids who never heard of opinion?

Good one dude.

Liking the style of AYDY is like liking pop music. It's not so much an opinion as much as just going with the flow and doing what everyone else is doing. It's mainstream hardcore music and it's shit. It's made even more obvious that alexi didn't care about the playing of it at the time as his live performances during the AYDY era were terrible.

If AYDY is your favorite COB album, you're not going to be well received in these forums. Generally the people in these forums are the ones that like cob from the beginning. IMO Hatebreeder is the best neo-classical album of theirs, and Follow The Reaper is their best overall album. AYDY is pure trash and I can't stand to listen to it.

HCDR is a different matter altogether as it was while they were making the transition, so some songs like angels don't kill are amazing, while others are hardcore shit.

This is the shittiest post I've seen in here in some time. You need to learn the meaning of the word opinion dude. And if you want to keep thrashing their actual work, then come here and tell us real reasons why SW, HB and FTR are musically over HCD, AYDY and BD and reasons of why they're more complex and (remember, according to YOUR opinion) better.

I don't know if you've ever tried writing music, so I don't want to assume anything, but personally when I try to write music, writing generic thrash metal licks is really easy, while applying classical musical ideas to metal and making it sound metal rather than classical is much harder.

I have tried to write music and I actually write the songs for my band, and I don't see how composing LoBodomy or Thrashed Lost & Strungout or Lil' Bloodred Riddin Hood is easier than composing Deadnight Warrior or Warheart or Hate Me!.

Wasn't that the time he drank gin or something? :lol:

Exactly :lol:

^ It's really entertaining how you gather up a bunch of previous posts and comment on them, Jose - I really look forward to you being online,
to see whose posts you're going to choose :) :headbang:

2 things:
-Where did you get that thing about Roope's drinking from?
-I think that's going to sound harash no matter which tone the interviewer uses, because it implies that Alexi is worse nowadays, which it's not true. He's worse live, and I do think that a huge amount of the fault is the fact that he has his gutiar so damn low, because it's very uncomfortable to play there, but I don't see how his playing in the albums is worse than before.

They did have to cancel one sold out gig during Roope's early days because he was severely hungover.. Just curious to see what kind of reaction Alexi would get. But obviously, would he rather be himself with these occasional alcohol spurges, or the Alexi of 2000 who's playing has been described spot on but was suffering from mental issues..

and I doubt you're going to change someone elses opinion.

I'm not trying to, I'm just just trying to prove that I'm right and everyone else is wrong!:p

I do not do this, you misunderstand me. I was making the argument about the technicality of the music because YOU were talking about them making a challenge.

:p I was just countering your point

Lol I agree with the blond hair thing. I think it looked better like that

Yep,challenge in relation to style switch up,I only brought in the technical stuff cos YOU did first! :p :lol: This is going to just turn into endless countering,lets just shake virtual hands and forget about it!
Didn't mean to assume you were like that,I just have a lot of guitar playing friends that seem to think that way..then again I play guitar and I dont so..

The dark hair does probably suit him more but the blond was cuter :oops: Also Jaska needs that beard back!

^ It's really entertaining how you gather up a bunch of previous posts and comment on them, Jose - I really look forward to you being online,
to see whose posts you're going to choose :) :headbang:

:lol: Thanks!

They did have to cancel one sold out gig during Roope's early days because he was severely hungover.. Just curious to see what kind of reaction Alexi would get. But obviously, would he rather be himself with these occasional alcohol spurges, or the Alexi of 2000 who's playing has been described spot on but was suffering from mental issues..

I never knew about that. You're right about the choice though.

So the interview is later tonight, I hope Karma In Black posts it online as soon as possible.

Yes, the interview is tonight! :) And can I just say I was not expecting this kind of response! LOL Still sifting through all responses so I will start responding now. ;)

I will post the interview SOOONNNN!

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks alot karma in black :D i've read the other interviews you have done with COB- great stuff, looking foward to the new interview!