• James LaBrie

Votes: 20 60.6%
  • Jason Rullo

Votes: 13 39.4%

• Total voters

TotenMitMacht

JESUSCHRISTONACRUTCH
Jan 31, 2004
In your opinion, who do you think is the better guitar player? LaBrie can shred but Rullo has better feeling IMO. So who is better?

Hard choice. In the end, I had to go with LaBrie cos in my opinion he's got clearly a better right hand technique plus his string bending skill is godlike.
Rullo got him on the 2-string arpeggios though.

They're both boring, technical wankers. I wish one of them would learn to put some EMOTION into their solos...they should both really listen to some more Michael Angelo, it would do them a lot of good.

Liquid Shadow said:
They're both boring, technical wankers. I wish one of them would learn to put some EMOTION into their solos...they should both really listen to some more Michael Angelo, it would do them a lot of good.

NO NO NO THEY SHOULD TRY TO PLAY AS SLOW AS YNGWIE DOES.

Dude, Rullo's way better on 7 note-per-string scale runs, but Labrie's got more feel in his 4-string arps. It's a tough choice, but Labrie's right-hand technique kills Rullo's suberb tapping skill. So JLB obviously gets it for versatility. Don't believe me? Just check out songs like "Out of the Asses" and "Strange Takeout Food"

(Yeah, I shamelessly re-used a shitty joke from the parodies thread).

Are you guys KIDDING ME? LaBrie's tone SUCKS, it sounds like two chained metalzones into a rockman into a digitech processor into a gigant wall of 2" speakers! Besides, legato is just about the sloppiest I've heard by far.

Rullo all the way, the man OWNS the fretboard AND he sounds like god on weed.

dargormudshark said:
you guys need to quit worshiping DT like you do. Labrie is a piece of shit and now he has sold out as well

Yeah, and that Myung guy can go to hell, too! What a sellout mainstream conformer! :D