James LaBrie vs. Jason Rullo

LaBrie or Rullo?

• James LaBrie

Votes: 20 60.6%
  • Jason Rullo

Votes: 13 39.4%

• Total voters
Jason Rullo - he can make the guitar speak with almost vocal qualities, he is a very subtle but sometimes sloppy guitarist, mainly using legato, vibrato and potato as means of expression. The soloist.

James LaBrie shines with great rhythm work, his percussional single note staccato technique is of amazing brilliance, speed and precision, and his two-handed tapping is unique. The rhythm machine.

And still James wins, because he can play tambourine during drum soli, when Jason has to stand there muting his low E string!

Hi, I'm Spock's Theater from the DT and Jordan Rudess forums. I lurk here occasionally.

Rullo's ragtime 256th note solo on Drangon's Den is awesome. Man, I get goosebumps everytime I think of the F# lydian neo-power-polka-techno-country section with the extremely cool 3 string tuba in 3.14/842 time. Rullo is the man.

Here's one of the compositions found on his solo album titled "Eternal Divine Damnation of the Twilight Destiny Dragon with the Sword of Hope and the Ackward Feeling After Taking a Shit". Enjoy!

DeathWaltz1.gif

You know what? I play better than both of those yahoos. Not only can I do everything they can do ... I do it better. Also, learned how to use a package of oil pastels, a condom and a cheese grater to play the entirety of the Damnation Game to perfection... and I mean ALL THE INSTRUMENTS.

TotenMitMacht said:
In your opinion, who do you think is the better guitar player? LaBrie can shred but Rullo has better feeling IMO. So who is better?
Rullo is the drummer (SX)and Labrie Vox (DT) wtf?