je-1000 question

Poof Daddy

I'm back
Jan 17, 2004
GA
the next guitar that i get, which will prolly be a custom of somekind (im lookin at gmw guitars, they seem to be cheap and can build anything) will have a j50bc and some kind of single coil. i just won a gp1000 off of ebay and i figure ill need some kind of gainboost like alexi. i cant find a je1000 anywhere so i was wonderin if the emg pa2 is comparable to it at all and what the differences are.

NeedledWarheart said:
I bought an EMG Pa2 and am waiting for my rhoads to come so i can install it.

would u have any way to compare it to a je1000, cuz i can hear alexi use things and stuff but i cant compare stuff unless ive actually played both cuz he has thousands of dollars worth of rack crap too.

the EMG will give you slightly more push...you can control how much you want as well...you can set it up for a switch, or for it to be on all the time without a switch....keep in mind though, the EMG gainboost will work with passive pups, it just doesnt work the other way around...EMG pickups wont work with passive boots, etc..

yes thats what they are for, the JE-1000 wont work with anything active, and the JE uses two batteries, so you need more room, if you want a JE, go register for the board at www.jcfonline.com and go put an ad in the classifieds, it worked for me. Mind you thes things are up to 20 years old in some cases, so be carefull, and if someone doesn't know and describes it, you want a small circuit board, with 3 mini switches ( i mean tiny) and a mini Potentiometer, and a regular volume pot. it will work. i also have wiring diagrams if you need those too.

no i have the JE-1000, but originally it comes with a tone control and a gainboost, look at the picture below.

jacksonmanualpage%2012R.jpg

Yeah, I know. I was wondering if you have the JE-1000 AND the JE-1500 because of the two batteries and the "tone" thing.
I know that pic. On the Jacksonmuseum-page you can read everything about the Jackson electronics and PU. Cool page.

@ thilo - yeah i thought that there might be one battery for the Gain boost, and another battery for the tonal controls.

The RR1 is a very good guitar. Basically USA Jackson's are very good.

I have a RR1, as you might know. What I don't like is that she :)p) has just 22 fret. So I will drive to a guitar builder next week, who works for the Gibson Custom Shop, and will modify it to 24 frets. The neck-PU will be removed. I changed the PU's some time ago. When I got her back I will put the JE-1000 in it, wich I have in my King-V now since two month or so. Difficult on that modifying thing is that it's hard to revarnish it. Anyway, it's cheaper than a custom guitar.

Than there is only one thing I don't like on that guitar: the "Schlagbrett" we say in germany. Hm..let me explain. Under the controls there is a slab or board. Under it are the whole electronics and wirings. Alexi and Roope for example (or the King-V) don't have this slab, it is on the other side. It's ugly in my opinion, and you can not see the whole finish I have (lightning sky, on both guitars). To remove it would be too expensive and would make no sense, because you have to make a hole on the other side of the body. I hope you guys know what I mean. Please tell me the english word for it.

By the way, dudes, I bought a Lee Jackson 4x12 Cabinet on ebay, wich has Celestion speakers (like Marshall), suitable for the Lee Jackson Preamp, hehe. It sounds great. Now I just need the Intellifex and I'm glad and happy :)
Everytime I'm playing all this shit I feel like Alexi :lol:
again: it sounds fucking great!!!!!!

What finish do you have child of bodom?

pick guard is what it's called in America, yeah i hate those too, ugly looking.

and thilo, theres always a bunch of Intellifex's on ebay, esp the one your looking for (the original "Blackface" model, i have the LTD, which i think is better, but its a good unit. And i thought alexi used Marshall 300 Watt 1960 4X12's as cabinets.