Jeff Loomis Rhythm Tone

He doesn't bring useless, annoying, childish, stupid trolling back with him, so he's not as bad as some in this thread.

Jeff

Well he felt the need to address it, which in itself is childish.

EDIT son: also, the thread was fun when it was off track but I'd like to get it back. Imma post them clips yerd. Just because it turned into a flame-fest doesn't mean I don't still have a dilemma.

No, it's really not... it's a bit closer to 'not wanting the forum to be filled with pathetic failed attacks'. It's not like anything like that is, in addition to being common courtesy, built into the basic rules of the forum...

...show some respect to the old-timers who made the forum great and are still supplying lots of info and insight.

No trolling...

It's not like you did it well anyway. It was just... sad.

Jeff

No, it's really not... it's a bit closer to 'not wanting the forum to be filled with pathetic failed attacks'. It's not like anything like that is, in addition to being common courtesy, built into the basic rules of the forum...

It's not like you did it well anyway. It was just... sad.

Jeff

Bro, I'm so sorry I hurt your feelings, I won't do it again. I appreciate you sticking up for others and calling my attacks "failed" and "sad" (which in itself is exposing your own passive aggressive way of trying to attack me, cool story bro).

I'm being commonly courteous in saying let's shut up. From here on in any other interjections is just an attack for the sake of being an attack. Either way I'm going to cry myself to sleep. I don't need you guys to make it worse.

Bro, I'm so sorry I hurt your feelings, I won't do it again.

You didn't, you just made an ass of yourself.

I appreciate you sticking up for others and calling my attacks "failed" (which in itself is exposing your own passive aggressive way of trying to attack me).

If I were attacking you, I'd call you an arrogant, smarmy cunt with an entitlement complex. Since I haven't done that, and I won't do that, calling your attacks failed had nothing to do with attacking you.

I'm being commonly courteous in saying let's shut up.

No, common courtesy would have been to not attack and talk down to people who were trying to help you in the first place, and now it just sounds like you're trying to save face without admitting to have done something stupid and showing that you learned from your mistakes.

From here on in any other interjections is just an attack for the sake of being an attack.

No, it can easily be a non-attack like the above.

Either way I'm going to cry myself to sleep. I don't need you guys to make it worse.

Come back when you've grown up.

Jeff

You didn't, you just made an ass of yourself.

If I were attacking you, I'd call you an arrogant, smarmy cunt with an entitlement complex. Since I haven't done that, and I won't do that, calling your attacks failed had nothing to do with attacking you.

No, common courtesy would have been to not attack and talk down to people who were trying to help you in the first place, and now it just sounds like you're trying to save face without admitting to have done something stupid and showing that you learned from your mistakes.

No, it can easily be a non-attack like the above.

Come back when you've grown up.

Jeff

All the passive aggressive condescending bullshit is eating at my little heart, bro. I vowed to stop getting off track but you seem to be the kind of person who wants to always be the white-knight and get the last word in. I appreciate you "not actually" calling me a smarmy, wannabe-entitled cunt. (I was actually going to insult you, but I decided to NOT to. I could have, in turn, called you a wookie-looking grease ball). You just said yourself that "non-attacks" are OK, which is childish as well. Sorry my one troll post struck a chord on your labia, but it appears that you're one of those guys who likes to antagonize when you know the majority is on your side, just for the sake of getting your own weak non-funny-wannabe-british-humor insults in while still be in "the right."

I said I wanted to get this thread back on track, my sincere apologies to those whom I angered, but I'm actually looking for help.

...and I will grow up, I want to be just like you JBroll, you're so cool. You must be at least 25.

inb4 "smarmy cunt," passive aggressiveness, and childish faggot/any sort of retaliation.

I don't want arguments, bro. Let's grow up together!

This thread hasn't been on track while you were in it. Between thinking too highly of yourself (for example, giving yourself far too much credit for hurting people's feelings while thinking that you can read their minds) and *completely failing to upload any kind of clips or references* between your rants against people who are trying to help you, you'll have to forgive everyone else for not diving right in to save the day.

Jeff

This thread hasn't been on track while you were in it. Between thinking too highly of yourself (for example, giving yourself far too much credit for hurting people's feelings while thinking that you can read their minds) and *completely failing to upload any kind of clips or references* between your rants against people who are trying to help you, you'll have to forgive everyone else for not diving right in to save the day.

Jeff
Considering I'm in my college dorm which is 5 hours away from where my equipment is, the thread will have to wait a couple days before I can upload clips.

You get what you give, dude. I don't want to keep this going, but for some reason I feel like you have something to prove. If you don't have anything to prove, then kindly shut up and leave this be. Sorry if "I'm thinking too highly of myself," but it seems to me like if you didn't have a high and mighty attitude for your own sake, then you wouldn't be posting in here.

Yeah, my "rants" (if that's what you consider them to be) were stupid, and I shouldn't have had such "smarmy attitude." Big deal. I won't do it again, though, because now I realize that there's people who just can't let shit go. :rolleyes:

YOU MADE ME LEARN A LESSON MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

"because now I realize that there's people who just can't let shit go +sarcastic smiley"

You came off as someone new in this forum asking for help and then trolled everyone who told you something you did was not right.

Remember? People over here do as they take their shit very seriously.

Yeah, my "rants" (if that's what you consider them to be) were stupid, and I shouldn't have had such "smarmy attitude."

I did ONE troll post, the others were genuine. I'm not justifying either, I already said that they were stupid. Are you really saying anything that hasn't been addressed before?

No, you had several posts that would be considered trolling *if we were being generous*. I have nothing to prove - I've established myself as someone who knows what he's talking about and who is both willing and able to help, and even then I wasn't out to build a reputation. If we're going to talk about having something to prove, we should start a teensy bit earlier in the thread where people who knew what they were talking about *far better than you seemed to acknowledge* were berated for some reason. If that's too early, we could start at the part where you thought that you could read my mind, pulling forth such details as what I thought of you and how passive-aggressive I was willing to be to give the appearance of looking cool.

A hint... I know that if it weren't for already knowing that other posters - for example, the ones who recommended attention to playing style instead of giving EQ or compression tips - knew what they were talking about, it might seem that they were trying to insult your abilities or unable to understand what you were asking... but that's not the case. (The other Jeff, for example, has known what he is talking about for quite some time. Chryst Krispies, for another example, has toured long enough with a large enough metal band that he, too, knows how not to be an ass, and when someone as laid-back as he is thinks that you're acting up, it's time for a perspective check. These are just the first two that come to mind from that early in the thread - there are other posters who have tried to help, knowing very well how to make guitars sound good, and gotten dismissed because you knew so damned well that boosting or cutting frequencies was what you're missing. When you got responses relating to playing style it's not because nobody understood your question but because *they knew what went into sounds like that*.) I know that it might seem reasonable to pretend that everything I do is a passive-aggressive slight against you, but it's not. (In order to insult you as I said I would do earlier, I'd probably first have to believe that... and I don't - I think that you're a bit impatient and that you haven't quite caught on to how things work here, but that's about the end of it.) A better way to handle things like that would have been to make sure that you were reading people properly and that they understood your questions *before* posts like those, and it is clear that you haven't learned from that mistake. If you want to sound like you're beyond the trolling nonsense and stupid attacks, *be* beyond them, instead of baiting for off-topic responses as you have while saying that you want to move on - it doesn't sound like you really want to leave the mudslinging behind, it sounds like you want to have had the last jab and then pretend to be able to take the high road when people who know more about how the forum works try to set things straight and keep things like the first page of the thread from happening again. If you've actually learned your lesson about how not to treat experienced, knowledgeable people who try to help you, *show it* and keep in mind that you've earned quite a bit more flak than you'll ever face in this thread because the big posters around here act in the way that you've said things should be - it's far safer to ask for clarification and probe around a bit than it is to make assumptions about who has something to prove and who has stupid facial hair.

As far as recording equipment... if you had mentioned that constraint earlier (a constraint that many, myself included, are familiar with and understand completely) you would have gotten *far* more patience and fewer people would have suspected that you were a troll just looking to pick stupid fights. As soon as you can give clips, you'll get more useful responses - even recording straight into whatever you have available and plugging into an amp sim would be a good start. I hope that you can at least see how you haven't given anyone here a whole lot to work with and that you'll be fixing these things soon.

Jeff

Yeah, Ambivalent, dude, you're plucking things out of thin air. Jeff explained your attitude really well a few pages ago, but this is a bit more time-line based in how the thread went down. It's like...

HI I NEED HELP...

... OK DUDE HERE, TRY THIS

WTF BRAH DUDE MAN GUY WHY YOU SO FUCKIN DICKHED MANG WHY YOU TRY BE COOOOOOL?!?! <bullshit internet insult + picture>...

... OK MAN THAT'S COOL, BUT SERIOUSLY I THINK YOU SHOULD TRY THIS

OMFG CHECK THIS GUY OUT TRY BE COO' I THINK HE'S ATTACKING ME FOR SOME REASON, EVEN THOUGH THERE'S NOTHING TO SUGGEST THAT HE IS, I JUST HAVE LOADS OF PICTURES I'VE BEEN ITCHIN TO USE FOR THIS SITUATION...

Ya know? It just seemed to come from nowhere. I think that's what the problem is. It's all well and good getting shitty when people are being dicks but... you kind'a jumped the gun on that one. You HAVE to understand how that comes across, and why you're getting the reactions you are, surely??

Ambivalent, since the damage has already been done and you can't make much more ass of yourself even if you post the clips, so how about you cut the crap and just post them? It has been mentioned "a few" times in the thread:

Why not upload a clip?

Post some clips up and we can help you on YOUR tone

I would suggest you post a clip of your tone for people to be more helpful.

You know what? Post a clip of you playing any song that Jeff has ever played. That way we can more easily tell what is wrong with your current situation.

Post some clips and maybe we can help you out.

OP, I'm not saying you suck, but guess what? It's time to post a clip so we can help, which you're fortunate enough people are even willing to do after all the bullshit your whiny ass has polluted this thread with.

Btw I don't understand why you haven't posted a clip of your tone in order for us to be more helpful. It will be much easier I think.

Yeah seriously man post clips. Will be much easier to diagnose a missing link, if there is one

Clips please.

completely failing to upload any kind of clips or references

As soon as you can give clips, you'll get more useful responses

Dude, just stop replying to what you see as "trollish" behavior and post a clip and we will all be back on track.

Thank you.

No, you had several posts that would be considered trolling *if we were being generous*. I have nothing to prove - I've established myself as someone who knows what he's talking about and who is both willing and able to help, and even then I wasn't out to build a reputation. If we're going to talk about having something to prove, we should start a teensy bit earlier in the thread where people who knew what they were talking about *far better than you seemed to acknowledge* were berated for some reason. If that's too early, we could start at the part where you thought that you could read my mind, pulling forth such details as what I thought of you and how passive-aggressive I was willing to be to give the appearance of looking cool.

A hint... I know that if it weren't for already knowing that other posters - for example, the ones who recommended attention to playing style instead of giving EQ or compression tips - knew what they were talking about, it might seem that they were trying to insult your abilities or unable to understand what you were asking... but that's not the case. (The other Jeff, for example, has known what he is talking about for quite some time. Chryst Krispies, for another example, has toured long enough with a large enough metal band that he, too, knows how not to be an ass, and when someone as laid-back as he is thinks that you're acting up, it's time for a perspective check. These are just the first two that come to mind from that early in the thread - there are other posters who have tried to help, knowing very well how to make guitars sound good, and gotten dismissed because you knew so damned well that boosting or cutting frequencies was what you're missing. When you got responses relating to playing style it's not because nobody understood your question but because *they knew what went into sounds like that*.) I know that it might seem reasonable to pretend that everything I do is a passive-aggressive slight against you, but it's not. (In order to insult you as I said I would do earlier, I'd probably first have to believe that... and I don't - I think that you're a bit impatient and that you haven't quite caught on to how things work here, but that's about the end of it.) A better way to handle things like that would have been to make sure that you were reading people properly and that they understood your questions *before* posts like those, and it is clear that you haven't learned from that mistake. If you want to sound like you're beyond the trolling nonsense and stupid attacks, *be* beyond them, instead of baiting for off-topic responses as you have while saying that you want to move on - it doesn't sound like you really want to leave the mudslinging behind, it sounds like you want to have had the last jab and then pretend to be able to take the high road when people who know more about how the forum works try to set things straight and keep things like the first page of the thread from happening again. If you've actually learned your lesson about how not to treat experienced, knowledgeable people who try to help you, *show it* and keep in mind that you've earned quite a bit more flak than you'll ever face in this thread because the big posters around here act in the way that you've said things should be - it's far safer to ask for clarification and probe around a bit than it is to make assumptions about who has something to prove and who has stupid facial hair.

As far as recording equipment... if you had mentioned that constraint earlier (a constraint that many, myself included, are familiar with and understand completely) you would have gotten *far* more patience and fewer people would have suspected that you were a troll just looking to pick stupid fights. As soon as you can give clips, you'll get more useful responses - even recording straight into whatever you have available and plugging into an amp sim would be a good start. I hope that you can at least see how you haven't given anyone here a whole lot to work with and that you'll be fixing these things soon.

Jeff

You care too much

:err: