Jeff seems to have soured on a Nevermore reunion

He's never looked or sounded more miserable in an interview....

He was fast to shoot down any sort of Nevermore reunion.

So uh Warrel... get Calvert on the line and get this fucking shit done!

Not sure how you came to that conclusion. He's finally starting to show his age, that was inevitable but he didn't look miserable.

I just can't get over Amott's baritone. Jeez what a voice.

And I seriously doubt Calvert would throw away 15 years of work as a pilot to join any band.

And I seriously doubt Calvert would throw away 15 years of work as a pilot to join any band.

Sadly...

I mean, come on Tim. If you ever come to read this, you'll see that there is a shitload of guys missing your writing skills. Even if it's only for one single song.

Not sure how you came to that conclusion. He's finally starting to show his age, that was inevitable but he didn't look miserable.

I just can't get over Amott's baritone. Jeez what a voice.

He wouldn't be throwing it away to spend some time writing and recording. And he still writes and records stuff now. Compared to Jeff's recent interviews, he looked miserable. And he's always stated when asked that you never know and he's too busy for Nevermore. This time he just seemed agitated.

I'm only speculating. Nothing harmful.

And he's always stated when asked that you never know and he's too busy for Nevermore. This time he just seemed agitated.

He might just be getting sick of it being asked so much. Plus, it's probably not a good idea to be saying "Yeah, I'm totally open to it!" when he's sitting right next to the leader of his current meal ticket.
It's too bad I'll never hear what he does in Arch Enemy. Their vocals suck so bad now, and they were pretty bad to begin with.

I think they both just look tired as fuck. They've been touring forever on the last AE record. Plus they were probably thinking some hilarious ideas about that thing interviewing them and trying not to explode. I really thought a Nevermore reunion would have happened by now, if at all. I guess Jeff's like a permanent member of the band now, so it's cool he'll be writing with Mike, but I agree it'll never live up to its potential simply because of the vocals. Maybe one day there will be some sort of reunion...a show or something...but definitely not an album. Fuck I hope I'm wrong on that though. One more album would be sick.

He's never looked or sounded more miserable in an interview....

He was fast to shoot down any sort of Nevermore reunion.

So uh Warrel... get Calvert on the line and get this fucking shit done!

I talk to Tim all the time, he sent me a song a few months ago that sounds like pure DNB. Smyth and Calvert??? Hmmmmm don't mean to be cryptic but I talk to both of them...
ok after watching that interview I have made a decision. I have been best friends and a bandmate with this guy since he was 19 years old. He will be 44 this September . Sucks when people have no respect from where they got their start. Nevermore will go on without Jeff.

He might just be getting sick of it being asked so much. Plus, it's probably not a good idea to be saying "Yeah, I'm totally open to it!" when he's sitting right next to the leader of his current meal ticket.
I'm kinda thinking that's the case, too. I mean, he was decisive, but it's not like he was badmouthing anyone or saying shitty things about his time in Nevermore. It's sad that he isn't open to it, but I s'pose that's his right, no?

I think a NM without Jeff is just what the band needs. I don't think Jeff was dismissive or condescending in the interview, he just stated that NM is pretty much over and done with and he's focusing on AE. That said, we don't know the conversations he has had with Warrel, and based on WD's reaction to the video, it seems that maybe his idea about it was going in the opposite direction. It's just speculation.

I'd love to hear NM without Jeff, honestly. The guitar work in every album since DHIADW sounds the same...but that's not a bad thing, either. I love all their albums, but I'm just tired of that sound. I want to hear something different from NM.

I talk to Tim all the time, he sent me a song a few months ago that sounds like pure DNB. Smyth and Calvert??? Hmmmmm don't mean to be cryptic but I talk to both of them...

Well that's a change. I remember a thread you started in 2011 after Nevermore disintegrated where you asked us who we'd like to see in the band and you specifically said Smyth was out. So what changed?

Also, have you heard his new song yet? 01 Machine has a new album with a new singer.

And if Tim can manage some writing in between flights, awesome. There are apps for MacBooks and iPad that would allow him to compose entire songs without needing an instrument.

BTW what about the drummer situation? Van's on the east coast now and is undoubtedly distracted with his wife's cancer battle.

ok after watching that interview I have made a decision. I have been best friends and a bandmate with this guy since he was 19 years old. He will be 44 this September . Sucks when people have no respect from where they got their start. Nevermore will go on without Jeff.

Um, whoa man, don't you think you should talk to him first? He never said a bad word and praised Sanctuary quite a bit. I kind of agree with the others who said Jeff is probably sick of the question and it was a bad question to ask with Amott sitting there.

Last edited by a moderator:
James Murphy of Death/Testament/you name it? His cancer has left him unable to perform, it seems. I can't recall any time he performed live or toured. All he can do is produce albums.

James Murphy of Death/Testament/you name it? His cancer has left him unable to perform, it seems. I can't recall any time he performed live or toured. All he can do is produce albums.

Sure, but he can still write some songs for NM, he's a solid composer.

I think he'd be a bit of a misfit. He's a death metal guy. No point in bringing in a skinny version of Pat O'Brien.

Wonder if Broderick would be up for it. Or for that matter, Attila Voros.

Well well....

I'd take a Calvert/Smyth Nevermore album and not look back.

Jeff is great. No arguing that.

But to continue on Nevermore with 2 guys who contributed to the 2 arguably best albums? Yes. I'm fuckin sold.