Jobs

I'm a student at the University of Maine, but I work about 12 hours a week at one of the dining halls. I'm usually in the dishroom, but I do other jobs occasionally, like janitorial duties, foodservice, and working the cash register/card swipe.

I'm hoping to work at a local marina or fish market this summer. I had some interviews today. I also submitted an application to Shaws supermarket just in case.

I currently work at a public speaker. My presentation addresses middle school, high school, and college students about avoiding catastrophic injuries. It pays the bills (and buys my music), but it's not a career.

With that said, I recently graduated from college and looking for a paralegal job at a law firm. Until then the speaking gig will work just fine...

So I guess that explains "quadfather", huh?

I work at a plumbing supply warehouse. We supply plumbing companies with whatever they need. Basically I get an order from a company, go get what's on the order, get it ready to ship, load it on the truck, and then get the pipe they need on the truck. It involves a lot of heavy lifting, which is incredibly ironic considering my small stature.

current job:
USAF

previous jobs:
xmas tree lot day guy (best job ever!)
halloween HQ x2 years
baskin robins
~gR~

I am not a hobo, I have a home. I'm just poor.

I was watching an episode of the Boondocks, and Ruckus was doing an exorcism of the lawyer guy because the ghost of Stinkmeaner was in him. He was using a whip, noose, nightstick, and a job application. I laughed, then felt black.

(I'm 1/8th black, btw, barely enough to make jokes.)

I've worked as a caddy for the past 6 summers. It was a really good job. I'll probably still do a little bit on weekends, or go back there if I don't find a job when I graduate (which is in a few months).

I just started a job washing dishes at a sorority. It doesn't pay much, but the free food is a good deal.

I work as a dishwasher at Eat N Park. It fucking rules, I love it. I quit college for this, and everybody said it would suck but it is everything I expected it to be. I'm in the best shape of my life because of this job, it's easy and simple and fun and I get free food. I don't make much money, but I don't want much money. I'm happier with asceticism in the first place. I live off of my semi-wealthy daddy right now but as soon as I can find a house, I'm out. I'm not going to have any electricity and I'm contemplating building an outhouse instead of using plumbing. Use the library for entertainment. I'm also reading up on dumpster diving to further reduce my costs. All in all, the only things I'll have to pay for is taxes and food. And if I'm still working at Eat N Par, my food bill will be very low since I'll eat an assload of free food while working.
Read this?
Into_the_Wild.png

Very perceptive! I broke my neck when I was 19 resulting in my paralysis from the shoulders down. It will be five years this July.
Sorry to hear about that.

I have no job. However, I've worked briefly at the Cape Cod Times and am going to be doing some video editing for them over April vacation (for money this time)

Very perceptive! I broke my neck when I was 19 resulting in my paralysis from the shoulders down. It will be five years this July.

What's important is you can still headbang.

In all seriousness, sorry about your injury, but it's good to see you're making something very positive out of it.

I'm a technical Analyst working for the Federal government (in Canada). Basically I'm like a liaison between some of the vendors we have and our data centres. So I do the contracts for the big printers, mainframes, server, disk drives and hard drives...I chair meetings with the vendors and people from the data centres. I doubt anyone would be interested in learning more about my job...

Basically I'm making a pretty decent living but even then I will never be able to match Koude Haat in financial resources available to buy music. :p

Forgot to contribute when I started this thread...

After I finished high school I tried working full-time and going to school part-time, but that only worked out for about three months until I ended up quitting both. Not too long after that, I attempted going to community college full-time. I soon realized how pointless it was to me and left...again (I basically blew all the money I made while working on dropping out of college). Then I sat at home for almost a year doing absolutely nothing; trying to find new ways to numb myself and forget about how much I couldn't face the simpilest, most necessary standards a human being is required to meet. When I finally realized how much of an asshole I was being, I started looking for a job...very hard.

I'm currently doing Janitorial/floor maintenance work at a hospital right now, and I have been doing so for a year. I've met so many assholes, jerk-offs, and cunts in the past year I'm starting to think everybody is full of shit; it's just that only some of us are fortunate enough to be aware of it. I don't make much money and I don't really care if I ever do. I just want to be able to support myself and not make too much of a commitment to any job that I didn't go to school for...which means I need to find a new job pretty soon.