John Bush....

vomit

Hosebag wannabe
Feb 12, 2002
Somewhere in Time
Visit site
Is listed as a "former member" by the BNR metal pages.

Before you all scrag me, I know this is not "definitive" and perhaps they are not "in the know". True. I just think that most people, belive that Bush is done. Here is the quote from there site (http://www.bnrmetal.com/):

[size=+3]Anthrax [/size][size=-1]Origin: New York, NY, USA
Genres: Thrash Metal
Official Web Site
Last Update: June 30, 2005
[/size]

As one of the so-called Big Four of 80's thrash metal (alongside Metallica, Slayer, and Megadeth), Anthrax enjoyed massive success in the 80's and still command a strong presence to this day. The group debuted with the raw, Metallica-ish Fistful Of Metal (the two bands being early signings to the Megaforce label), but it was the arrival of distinctive vocalist Joey Belladonna that coincided with the band taking off, with albums such as Spreading The Disease and Among The Living being bonafide thrash classics. By the end of the decade, however, relations between Belladonna and the other soured, resulting in his less-than-amicable departure. With new vocalist John Bush (ex-Armored Saint) in tow, Anthrax embarked on the second phase of their career. Despite good albums and Bush's unquestionable talent, Anthrax's popularity waned somewhat during the nineties, the band still holding on to their large fan base but not at the metal forefront as in years past.

Fast forward to 2005 and lo and behold, a reunion took place, with the Disease-era lineup back in place, Belladonna presumably working out his past differences with the band and former lead guitarist Dan Spitz also welcomed back. Perhaps perceived by some as a short-term gimmick, the rejuvenated Anthrax has been touring steadily and successfully, with possible recording plans for the future.
members.gif
Joey Belladonna vocals Dan Spitz guitars Scott Ian guitars [size=-1](see also Stormtroopers Of Death)[/size] Frank Bello bass [size=-1](see also Helmet)[/size] Charlie Benante drums [size=-1](see also Stormtroopers Of Death)[/size]

former members Neil Turbin vocals John Bush vocals [size=-1](see also Armored Saint)[/size] Rob Caggiano guitars Danny Lilker bass [size=-1](see also Brutal Truth, Holy Moses, Nuclear Assault, The Ravenous, Stormtroopers Of Death)[/size]

Talk amongst yourselves.....I wish Bush would give a statement and clear this up.

Why in the bloody fucking hell is it so important to you ppl to know the who's, what's, when's, where's and how's of this whole fucking reunion fiasco?

I swear to Christ, they're just a band. JUST A BAND. Does that compute? Because I don't know about any of the rest o' you, but I'm sick and fucking tired of this shit already. As of now, Joeys the singer. John is not. Just be happy they haven't disbanded all together by now and leave it at that.

This board is getting almost as bad as Blabbercockinmouth with the specualtions and the whining and the bullshit...

GregadetH said:
Why in the bloody fucking hell is it so important to you ppl to know the who's, what's, when's, where's and how's of this whole fucking reunion fiasco?

1.) Because for many of us Anthrax is a part of our life.
2.) Because nobody speaks out: He's out. They just say nothing.
3.) Because the live-reviews here in Europe are really bad. Magazines and Friends of mine say, Joey sucked badly. They laughed because the hole 80-Spandex-Thing looks & sounds funny today. The magazines loved Anthrax the last decades, but now they write things about my favorite band, that I don't want to read.
4.) The "having a baby pause" smells strange to me, because Bush said NOTHING. I'm a fan of both areas, but in my opinion, this reunion and the way they do it, sucks.
5.) They worked hard the last years to "get a name", get fans and sell records. It worked in Europe, but after this reunion, they'll have to start from zero.
6.) It makes me sick to read about the CDC and NOBODY mentions JB & co.
If it's really just for one tour, why isn't bush with CDC?
7.) Look at the Homepage: "Anthrax are: Blabla..." No word about Bush.
8.) After WCFYA I was looking forward to another great album with the best singer around.

I know, you can't read all that anymore and I don't want to make you angry, but for me the reunion stinks.
If they said:"Bush is out, Joey is in." I wouldn't be happy, but I would respect it. Now it looks like they try to make money and if it's a success, they go on with Joey and kick John. They'll tingle around (like Joey did) with old songs (they were great backwards) and in 10 years you'll see them at a rodeo in texas in front of 80 drunken Rednex.
Sorry, I spent a lot of money on the band. Off course I haven't the right to interfere but I have the right to speak out my opinion.
Now hang me or shoot me, that's just what I think and I hope you know now, why some of us want to know the who's, what's, when's, where's and how's.

Sorry for any misspelling, I'm totaly drunk. :headbang:

freakbrother6969 said:
1.) Because for many of us Anthrax is a part of our life.
2.) Because nobody speaks out: He's out. They just say nothing.
3.) Because the live-reviews here in Europe are really bad. Magazines and Friends of mine say, Joey sucked badly. They laughed because the hole 80-Spandex-Thing looks & sounds funny today. The magazines loved Anthrax the last decades, but now they write things about my favorite band, that I don't want to read.
4.) The "having a baby pause" smells strange to me, because Bush said NOTHING. I'm a fan of both areas, but in my opinion, this reunion and the way they do it, sucks.
5.) They worked hard the last years to "get a name", get fans and sell records. It worked in Europe, but after this reunion, they'll have to start from zero.
6.) It makes me sick to read about the CDC and NOBODY mentions JB & co.
If it's really just for one tour, why isn't bush with CDC?
7.) Look at the Homepage: "Anthrax are: Blabla..." No word about Bush.
8.) After WCFYA I was looking forward to another great album with the best singer around.

I know, you can't read all that anymore and I don't want to make you angry, but for me the reunion stinks.
If they said:"Bush is out, Joey is in." I wouldn't be happy, but I would respect it. Now it looks like they try to make money and if it's a success, they go on with Joey and kick John. They'll tingle around (like Joey did) with old songs (they were great backwards) and in 10 years you'll see them at a rodeo in texas in front of 80 drunken Rednex.
Sorry, I spent a lot of money on the band. Off course I haven't the right to interfere but I have the right to speak out my opinion.
Now hang me or shoot me, that's just what I think and I hope you know now, why some of us want to know the who's, what's, when's, where's and how's.

Sorry for any misspelling, I'm totaly drunk. :headbang:

1. That was longwinded as fuck.
2. My response, in turn will be longwinded as fuck also.
3. They are still just a fucking metal band.

I'm sorry if you let a metal band become such a part of your life that not knowing what the basis is for every decision that they make just burns you up inside.

Quit spending your money on them if you don't like this incarnation. I did.
Quit speculating as to why? Money is the answer. The end.
Quit waiting for John Bush to speak. Odds are he won't. He's no shit talker and probably feels it's better to stay quiet and keep the peace. (Anyone remember the barbs traded between Scott and Joey in the press? Good times. NOT.)

Why? Why do you have to know every little detail and aspect about the goings on and innerworkings of Anthrax? The fucking internet has spoiled a lot of us fuckin' fans. Back in the day, you heard what you heard and you bitched to a few friends and you got over it. You're not owed every piece of knowledge that flows from the Anthrax thinktank (Scott, Charlie) just b/c now they have a few rest stops located on the information super-highway.

Move on if you don't like it. John had another band. Armored saint. Check them out. Discover their back catalouge. Look up rare shit on your favorite filesharing site...just do ANYTHING other than going on and on about your displeasure with not knowing why they did what they did, and, why whomever won't say whatever. Odds are when you get the answer you won't like it anyways and then you'll bitch on and on about that too.

GregadetH said:
Why? Why do you have to know every little detail and aspect about the goings on and innerworkings of Anthrax? The fucking internet has spoiled a lot of us fuckin' fans. Back in the day, you heard what you heard and you bitched to a few friends and you got over it. You're not owed every piece of knowledge that flows from the Anthrax thinktank (Scott, Charlie) just b/c now they have a few rest stops located on the information super-highway.

:worship:

Very well put, Greg! This is also the same thing that happened with pro wrestling back in the late nineties. People started to know too much about the shit backstage, and thus became harder to please. Sometimes (definitely not all the times!) there is such a thing as too much knowledge of the inner workings of stuff...

Well said Gregadeth... couldn't have said it better myself.

Who care's. They are just a band and I love their music. I don't need to know all the details... Just happy to go along with the ride ;)

GregadetH said:

Because that's what message boards are for.
We all come here to banter back and forth about whatever interests us.
We are all Anthrax fans and it's fun to see others ideas and interests.

I'm thrilled that you are not interested in the going-ons behind the scenes....more power to you, but just because we ARE interested doesn't make us wrong or bad.

You say "it's just a band", well I say "it's just a thread on a message board".
Why is it such a problem for you to see others interested in what is going on behind the scenes?

I am another that is very interested. If you're not, great,....there are tons of other threads that you can spend your time reading. Didn't you read the topic? It says "John Bush". Why are you even in this thread if you're so fed up? Go read another thread if you don't want to hear about John Bush.
Let those of us that are interested talk about it.

I agree with your post, freakbrother6969.
Nice job.

I agree with both to a certain extent. Now I realize why I haven't joined the CDC or any of that. Although I probably will when Im drunk. I've spent alot of money on this band. Road trips(and all the expenses that come with a road trip ie gas, hotel, time off from work), tshirts, tickets, albums, singles, etc etc. I'm not spending too much money on this band anymore and that's my choice. I don't feel like I'm owed anything other than my opinion. This message board wouldn't exist if I wasn't entitled to my opinion. My opinion: I think this reunion is bullshit. I like Joey and Danny, nice guys, great musicians. I just like Caggiano and Bush much much much more. Sorry Belladonna lovers. It's just my opinion. I repect your opinion on loving Belladonna more. He was there first. I became a fan of this band the first go around with this line up. I just happen to like the WCFYA line up much much more.

However, I did check out a show with the current line up in jersey and I thought it rocked for the most part.

freakbrother6969 said:

I have only read one bad review, and that was the Sweden rock review in the Rock Hard but that didn;t have anything to do with the musical content of the show, the guy was just out to bash Joey just like some here on the board....

They rocked and for that one bad review I read dozens of raving ones!

Well, where i can read those live-reviews?

Where are these bad reviews?????

scottishthrax said:

I have to agree with scottishthrax, i'm one of the biggest reunion bashers on the board but all the reviews i've read have been very positive...

scottishthrax said:

Rockfeedback
A bit of a treat for die-hard thrashers is next; Anthrax performing as the original line-up for the first time in twelve years. Vocalist Joey Belladonna looks older than that lost Werther’s Original, and sounds a bit weird too, his distinctly old-school vocals from the Bruce Dickinson hallmark of singing sounding well out of place. The songs themselves are frenzied and fairly technical, but the archaic vocals make the whole show seem a bit too stuck in the 80’s. Still, guitarist and thrash legend Scott Ian plays it like only he knows best, hyping up the crowd into two massive circle-pits, and the spirals of dust that ascend in two columns are a sign of some form of crowd-batter-y triumph.