Jon Oliva/Beyond Fear/Chris Caffrey Atlanta Show

James

Feb 27, 2002
Atlanta
www.torquestra.com
I got an update e-mail from Masquerade stating that this show will be on Tuesday, September 22nd...however, September 22nd is a Thursday, so I'm guessing the date (22nd) is correct and the day (Tuesday) is incorrect, but I don't know that for sure.

In typical Masquerade fashion, the e-mail also states that tickets are on sale NOW, yet I see no sign of it on ticketmaster.com.

Anywho, I guess I'm not really bringing any newsflashes with this post, other than to say that the venue is no longer TBA, and the show will be at Masquerade (which I'm sure we probably could have guessed).

I'm concerned about this though. If you goto both www.chriscaffery.com and www.jonoliva.net, the Atlanta date that was TBA is now gone and there's nothing there.

Yet it remains on www.masq.com website.

I've asked twice on CC's forum, but no answer.

Could be another Nightwish type thing...:(

I hope they're coming - but none of the bands have it confirmed.

If they are playing - how many people are going to show up? 10? Cause no one knows about it

Nightmare1z said:
If they are playing - how many people are going to show up? 10? Cause no one knows about it

Good point...finally announcing the show like two weeks before it's supposed to occur doesn't seem like a very good idea!

I hadn't checked Oliva's site today to notice that he no longer has the date on there, although I had seen them moving the date around from day to day recently...I think it was the 24th, then the 22nd, etc.

That does seem very odd that the date has been removed, especially now that the Masquerade is finally beginning to get the word out. I guess maybe that explains why the Masquerade says tickets are now on sale, yet Ticketmaster has no mention of the show...probably not a good sign :lol:

James I actually sent you my masq message thinking i was telling YOU something...
so, give me the word, I will see what I can find out, I have a friend that is there tonight.

lady_space said:
*bump* Any news on whether this is actually happening and if so when? :)

Shaye

The tickets apparently went on sale Friday. I'm still suspicious, as the date no longer appears on Oliva's site or Caffery's site. It also seems odd that tickets didn't go on sale until six days before the show!

According to ticketmaster.com, the date is Thursday (the 22nd); looks like I won't be purchasing advance tickets for this one, and I'll just get them at the door on Thursday if the bands actually show up.

Now they'll probably "officially" cancel due to poor advance ticket sales :lol:

rottingflesh said:
James I actually sent you my masq message thinking i was telling YOU something...
so, give me the word, I will see what I can find out, I have a friend that is there tonight.

Oh, thanks for the head's up :lol:

I thought you were just updating me with the info that the Masquerade still claims the show is scheduled.

Yes, if you can find out anything, I would appreciate any assistance in clearing up my ridiculously uninformative thread :lol:

Yeah, if you could - post it. I hope this show is going through - but if it is, are even 20 going to show since it's not listed on either bands website?

I'm probably 90% certain it's canned, and the Masq is just damn slow in taking stuff down

Last night it appeared that Masquerade finally took the date off their site...you can still purchase tickets through ticketmaster.com, though :lol:

I still don't understand why Masquerade and ticketmaster can't get on the same page with this stuff; I also don't understand why Masquerade, Jon Oliva, and Chris Caffery can't announce on their sites that the show has been canceled, instead of playing the disappearing tour date game.