Jumping The Shark

ok yeah maybe alot of people do like high pitched 80's metal vocals... I do but not enough for the bands to be realy popular. and I'm speaking strictly america. europe has a much better metal scene. But good ol metal is deffinately dying out and I'm sorry if you don't realize that. people like sound bytes and synthetic music nowadays. and fucking drum machines

-Jono-

Just my 2 cents on the Joey/John arguement.

Joey was perfect for Anthrax back when Anthrax's music was more fun than serious. When the music started to get more serious, Joey's voice did not fit it and Bush's did. I really think it took a few albums to really fit Bush into the band, but he really proved how good he is on Volume 8, in my own opinion.

As far as jumping the shark, Anthrax never jumped the shark. If anything, blame the music industry and MTV (god I wish this station never existed) for spoon feeding the entire nation crap like Nirvana and making everyone think that all music was supposed to be from Seattle.

Mr. D,
Look at your calendar. It's March of 2002. Joey left the band 10 fucking years ago. Get over it! Deal and move on.

march 2002: memories, time passes by so quickly.

when i think about the future...

no, i don't wanna think about the future.

about jumping the shark:

Last edited by a moderator:
Dunno if I'd say jumped the shark but it was a move I'd bet 4/5th of the band would like a mulligan on. Simply put there is a difference between setting a trend and following one.

Oh, and for the record, it was one shark. Here's the epic moment for ya. I know your life wouldn't have been complete with out it. Lets hope the Fonz's swim attire never catches on.

Last edited by a moderator:
i know a guy that knows a guy who likes to dive with sharks, once he almost lost his love for his dangerous hobby when he suddenly looked into the eyes of a big tiger shark *gg*.

and i also know a guy that knows a guy who knows a guy who once saw Brad Pitt at a bar.

This thread is pretty typically from what I experienced when I joined. It was not accepted to be anywhere near critical of Bush-era Thrax. So to me it makes no sense at all that people are complaining about Bush-bashing now in 2010. There's a saying about throwing stones that comes to mind....

and i also know a guy that knows a guy who knows a guy who once saw Brad Pitt at a bar.

Holy crap - I know a guy that knows that guy! What are the odds?

yes, and the size of the shark is disproportionated by far, it makes Bruce, the star of Jaws look like an innocent goldfish *gg*.

Also, how did they keep a great white in a 12x12 net when they tend to be 12 - 16 ft long? And who put him there? Potsy? Mr. Miagi?

i know a guy that knows a guy who likes to dive with sharks, once he almost lost his love for his dangerous hobby when he suddenly looked into the eyes of a big tiger shark *gg*.

I know a guy who punched Mel Gibson.

i think i've never really punched someone *lol*, maybe when i was drunk so i really can't remember.

Me neither. I prefer to let the talking do the talking. The only time I actually hit someone was when I was eight or nine. It still kind of bugs me that I did that...

is the one that got hit by you still alive?

Erm...sadly no.

Though, me hitting him had nothing to do with it.
He died in Afghanistan a couple of years ago.

He was a good guy and all, and we got along really well.
...which I suppose is why it bugs me that I was a prick towards him at one point when we were kids.

Well, well. Shall we head back on topic?