Jumping The Shark

Kiss my fucking ass you ignorant piece of shit.

Ponder that.

Coop

(My apologies to the board for my language)

Squiggs,

there was this one episode of HAPPY DAYS where Fonzie jumped over a pool full of sharks on his motorcycle... this guy determined that that's when HAPPY DAYS started to suck. thus, the show "jumped the shark"

that same guy started a website talking about when pretty much every show jumped the shark. he's on HOWARD STERN from time to time talking about miscellaneous shows.

www.jumptheshark.com

it's actually pretty cool. the simpsons is one of the few shows to jump the shark.

Gimme a break Coop, admit it, their biggest success has always been with Joey Belladonna. They still gave no legitamatly (spell check) believable reason for them booting Joey out of the band, and it ain't about his drinking because Joey took care of that problem. I can understand your frustration, Coop. I get mad at people making fun of H2O's Go album because it was too "Poppy" or 7 Seconds' more mellow albums. But the problem is is that John Bush just doesn't fit the suit. When he joined, the edge in which the rest of them cherished just disappeared. It is now more stoner rock than thrash. So I am sorry if I have my own opinion but I am sticking to it.

Who's to say that even if they kept Joey they wouldn't have gone downhill (popularity wise) even more then with Bush? Joey had a great voice for his time but I have a hard time believing that it would go over well today. That's just my opinion, we'll never know for sure.

Actually, Fonzie jumped over the shark on water skis, not his motorcycle.

And, in my opinion, the show went downhill when Arnold left and they changed the theme song from 'Rock Around the Clock' to 'Happy Days', long before Fonzie jumped the shark.

j

MoshMasterD.
Another name for everyone's ignore list (along with Lord_Flame-otron or whaterver.)

i have a feeling that if joey was still in the band today, Anthrax would be labeled by most critics as "Geezer Rock" we wouldnt want that, now would we?
Lets face it.. on BTM Joey didnt look all that young..........

hehe
Rock on
Adam:rolleyes:

It seems as if someone has an opinion about something you don't like, you put that person down. This message board is created for fans past and present. This doesn't cater to John Bush Anthrax alone, people. I like the band in general, and note that I didn't bash them like you people bash me. I just believe that they did better with Joey. And I don't wanna hear anything about "Geezer Rock" unless you are talking about Black Sabbath (think on that one before you bash me). But I will admit, the only thing I can't stand about Joey is that stupid high pitched opera scream he does. I will be back!

no dude... you see we bash people who think like idiots. now try to understand this if you can. I know you're retarded but.... well just listen.
Joey sang like an 80's metal singer. High pitched and operatic, yes as you said. I don't know of any metal bands that do as well as they did in the 80's that still use 80's vocals. They would be doing aot worse if they still had him. they didn't "jump the shark" interest in 80's metal began to die out of the popularity around that same time. So they were a victim of circumstance NOT decision.
after all Anthrax has been through I can't stand to see a jerk say they "jumped the shark"
-Jono-

Hey Jono!

What about Exciter? They still use 80's vocals and sound. Listen to "Blood Of Tyrants" from 2000. It sounds like it was recorded in '85. There are a lot of people who like 80's metal sound and vocals.

80's style-metal is very popular in germany. There are newer bands like Edguy, Metalium, Sacred Steel,... who use high pitched vocals. or Sonata Arctica from Finland (young guys), Rhapsody from Italy (very popular in the european metal scene)

So if a band likes that sound and style, they can still play it.

Whiplash also play 80's style thrash. (Thrashback)

Mosh - hard - alwayz

cu
Thrashard