Katatonia fans' opinions of Opeth's 'Watershed'?

I love Opeth, but I can not get into this album at all.

There are parts I like. I like most of 'Burden' and 'Heir Apparent' reminds me of MAYH, so I automatically like it. Most of the other stuff just seems like they are trying too hard now. I like Ghost Reveries more than this at the moment.

Overall I think Ghost Reveries is by far their most rhythmically interesting work where as Watershed is the showcase of their sense of dynamics, and melody. I just like the fact that Watershed is more varied, and easier to keep interest more than any other record they've done.

Anyone heard the bonustracks on the bonus dvd yet, really cool i.m.o. "Derelict Herds" is a really cool song, groovy :) And Mikael's rasping voice in the Robin Trower cover "Bridge of Sighs" is really cool too i.m.o. "Den Ständiga Resan" is a beautiful song as well.

Yeah, Mikes vox on Bridge of Sighs is truly great. I hope next cd he's able to incorporate his full range, which will means the music will need to be even more varied for him to do so.

More clean vox stuff...I wouldn't mind something else in the vein of 'Damnation' either. And then maybe a full on metal beast track with growls from hell...which he does do...but I want an evillllllll fucking song :)

I'm getting more into this album. I want to hear the AIC cover so badly though :D

I like the new album a lot but as with most Opeth albums for me though I get bored listening to the whole album... Opeth is more a single tracking band for me, and I have to be in certain moods for them.
I fucking love the first 3 tracks more than anything off the last album.. but then the album fizzles out for me... Shoulda made it heavier.:p

I can't stop listening to the bonus tracks. Especially the Trower cover (being a huge Trower fan helps).
I'd like a English translation for Standiga Resan tho'.

I can't stop listening to the bonus tracks. Especially the Trower cover (being a huge Trower fan helps).
I'd like a English translation for Standiga Resan tho'.

The continuing journey

When I think about the continuous journey throught life
When it always feels like autumn
When the wind is showly turning to north and the flowers die
There is rain failing in my dreams
I must travel again and search for comfort
I must search again for the voice of affection
I must travel again till next autumn
The continuous travel
Till next autumn
When I'm walking on the rocky road throught life
When it feels like
I'm carrying a sorrow
Then the sun is showly hiding in the clouds
And the word is goodbye
Soon snow will be failing in my dreams
I must travel again and search for comfort
I must search again for the voice of affection
I must travel again till next autumn
The continuous travel till next autumn

I dont know if they are correct, found them at the Opeth forum.

I do like Opeth.. well the good songs.. and Åkerfeldt vocs ;)

Bjeh!

I'm lovin` Watershed! I actually think its Opeths best yet - and i'm not a new fan. Its the most diverse and daring album they've done. I just love bands progressing! Hope they'll just continue on this path and never look back.

Watershed is a fantastic album, and this is from someone who was never really that impressed by opeths older stuff (to say the least!)

The quality of playing and style is great, however its just too compact, almost squashed together making the album feel short.

Nevertheless I really am into opeths new sound.