Katatonia in Holland!

Wauw Daniel thats a very interesting (ahum) (and totally of-topic :p) contribution to this thread ... But ok its in dutch ill give you that ;)

And to Ennui ... I bought tickets for Arnhem for you and your friend...
I got my paycheck so... hehe
Ill see you tomorrow and we'll exchange tickets and cash :p
If you can make it u should come to the beach before the gig too!
Ill pm u my cellphone number so u can reach me .. If you cant make it and cant telephone for some reason then we'll just meet in front of the venue at 20:30.Okay?

@juniper Ok, we'll surely be there at 20.30. The plane lands in Amsterdam early in the morning so we have plenty of time to find the right way to Katwijk. Anyway, it's a good idea to change phone numbers in case something happens. And thanks again for getting the tickets for the Arnhem gig.
I can't believe i'll be there tomorrow!

Btw, could anyone teach me some basic words in Dutch? I speak German and that helps a lot to understand written Dutch, but i'm not able to speak a single word of it...

No worries, you'll manage with English here.

But, a few things:

- Where's the trainstation?
Waar is het treinstation?

- From which platform does the train to Katwijk depart?
Van welk perron vertrekt de trein naar Katwijk?

- Where can I find the Scum music venue?
Waar kan ik pop podium Scum vinden?

- Gimme a frickin' beer!!
Bier, nu!!!

:D

Have fun guys and girls at the beach party! I whish I could have been there..but I cannot...anyways I keep my finger crossed for a nice weather as we have now in Sweden and special greetings to Cis!

Waar is het treinstation? Thanks, I'll write those sentences down and i hear people laughing at me when i say them. Uhm, i'll better speak English all the time...

katatonia @ scum Katwijk.....

benieuwd naar jullie ervaringen.... nog op strand gezeten, gezwommen, gedronken, kibbeling gegeten of katwijk vervloekt?

Anyway.... hier kan je het kwijt!

You know, to be honoust, this was like one of the best days of my life:p
If not thé.
All the new people I met were really really very nice.

Due to some circumstances (;)) we weren't able to hang at the beach a long time before the gigs started, but the time we were there it was very beautiful!

I'm starting to like Novembre more and more, so it was really a great "warm-up".

And Katatonia played soo damn well... really, I've never seen a gig better then this one. (by any band)

When it was over we went outside and hung around a bit with the katatonia guys (some of 'em) Took some pictures and stuff.

Then we all went to the beach, the "some" guys from Katatonia included:headbang:

So, we had our little beach party there:D
(not much of a fire though:p)

You were awake early dude!

That was an awesome day/night to never forget for sure! No, we didn't arrive as early as we planned due to a traffic jam and my superior navigation skills... and the crappy & useless route description on the venue's website..

We (Vincent J., Cis & me) arrived at the venue at around 7:30 PM, Juniper & her biker friends were already waiting for us there. Then we went for a bite to eat and when we came back to the venue Ennui & her friend had arrived too. Then we all went to the beach.

katakatwijk001.jpg

Around 9:00 we went back to see Novembre who played a good gig. I'm not really into them (yet), but they're very sympathetic guys & were very thankful for the good crowd response.

katakatwijk014.jpg

After the gig we went outside to escape the heat of the venue & to wait for tonight's main course! The gig was really awesome & the crowd loved it! It was fun to -in between all the headbanging- observe Juniper & Cis freakin' out together :) As encores we got "Evidence" & "Murder", oh yeah! In Den Bosch they hadn't played Murder, so I was really happy and banged my head like it was my final hour!

After the gig ended we had some drinks & Fred came out to talk to the fans, so we talked & took some pics. Then we went outside to prepare the beach party. Outside the guys were loading in the gear, so we talked to Fred, Mattias & Daniel some more & invited them to te beach party. So after some more chitchatting we headed off to the beach :).

katakatwijk029.jpg

katakatwijk031.jpg

Gradually people left, so at 3 AM only Cis, Vincent J. & me were left on the beach, so we too packed up and drove off.

Entire fotoalbum: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v32/MadTinus/Katakatwijk/

Aaaaaaaah damnit! I wanted to be there too, but my dad insisted to leave (and I only had one t-shirt on so that'd be pretty cold :p).
Anyway, I've seen Juniper, MadTinus, Vincent and prolly Cis a couple of times (I was the one who was sitting in a car before the gig next to my gray long-haired dad ;p)

But fuuuck, the gig was so great!
Only sad thing was the sound.. especially at Novembre the sound was pretty horrible, too loud drums (but that drummer can DRUM! \m/) and too soft vox.. so half of the songs were sort of unrecignisable because of it. But still, a very very great concert.. Sunday again! :)

katakatwijk0191pp.jpg

Me! ;p

Zowi said:
I only had one t-shirt on so that'd be pretty cold :p
cold.... what's that? :p:zombie:
Zowi said:
(I was the one who was sitting in a car before the gig next to my gray long-haired dad ;p)
aah, I've seen you then!:p
Zowi said:
Only sad thing was the sound.. especially at Novembre the sound was pretty horrible, too loud drums (but that drummer can DRUM! \m/) and too soft vox.. so half of the songs were sort of unrecignisable because of it.
oh, I thought the sound was quite good actually, especially when Katatonia was playing

This surely was a very very cool night
It was so much fun meeting everyone and having a great time together.
And freaking out with Cis ;) (were we really freaking out that much??)
The gig was great , (also thanks to the way more enthousiastic crowd than in den bosch!) my neck still hurts from headbanging on Murder.

And of course it was pretty damn cool that Fred, Daniel and Mattias, some members from Novembre and some roadies joined us :cool:
Real nice to talk to them , they were all very very nice :):oops:

Zowi why didnt you talked to us??? I thought id recognised someone sitting in that car but I wasnt sure... Too bad!
Well we'll see you on sunday! Yes yes, the madness continues :headbang: