Katatonia in Holland!

ok, i admit it... i'm very, very jealous of all of you who were there... :heh:
it seems you had a greeeeeaaaat time!!! well done! :headbang:
nice pics :headbang:

Vincent J. said:
oh, I thought the sound was quite good actually, especially when Katatonia was playing
Hmno, Novembre's drums were way too loud and the vox were way too soft.. imo then. Kata's sound was way better yes, but not optimal compared to other shows I've seen. :)

Juniper said:
Zowi why didnt you talked to us??? I thought id recognised someone sitting in that car but I wasnt sure... Too bad!
Well we'll see you on sunday! Yes yes, the madness continues :headbang:
Yeeeh I know.. but I'm not someone who just talks to someone I don't know, but jup, Sunday again!! And then I'll probably talk to you :p haha

And oh the only one of both bands I 'talked' to was Novembre's bassist, I shook his hand and said something like 'really great performance man' hehe. Then I bought a sweatband and thought of talking to the others but they were gone I guess, but ah well.
AND! I'm the only one (as far as I know) who had a guitar/bass pick from Katatonia (I'm pretty sure it was from Mattias) :headbang:! Though it's just a regular Jim Dunlop .73mm pick. ;) It was pretty funny, he 'threw' it infront of us on the stage, and everyone there tried to grab it instantly but I was the fastest :p

Zowi said:
AND! I'm the only one (as far as I know) who had a guitar/bass pick from Katatonia (I'm pretty sure it was from Mattias) :headbang:! Though it's just a regular Jim Dunlop .73mm pick. ;) It was pretty funny, he 'threw' it infront of us on the stage, and everyone there tried to grab it instantly but I was the fastest :p
ennui had two :lol: :p
but that's great man, haha...
Sunday I'll try to catch the drumhead Daniel throws into the audiance (if he does it again)

Oh haha didn't notice they threw more picks in the audience. But were they from Katatonia or Novembre?

Hello from Utrecht! First of all we'd like to thank you all for the great day we spent yesterday in Katwijk and for being so nice and helpful to this pair of Spaniards, hehe :worship: We have to make it great tommorrow in Arnhem!

As Vincent has already said, I got to picks. One from Novembre's guitar player (whose name i can't remember) and one more from Fred. It was as easy as talking to them and asking for one...

I also took some pics yesterday that i'll try to upload somewhere/somehow as soon as i come back to Spain.

See you tomorrow! Tot ziens!

Ennui said:
Hello from Utrecht! First of all we'd like to thank you all for the great day we spent yesterday in Katwijk and for being so nice and helpful to this pair of Spaniards, hehe :worship: We have to make it great tommorrow in Arnhem!

As Vincent has already said, I got to picks. One from Novembre's guitar player (whose name i can't remember) and one more from Fred. It was as easy as talking to them and asking for one...

I also took some pics yesterday that i'll try to upload somewhere/somehow as soon as i come back to Spain.

See you tomorrow! Tot ziens!

you both really deserved it!
(btw, what was the name of your friend again? (I didn't quite catch it) he was really nice!)

hehe, I'm going to try to get some pick too, if possible.:)

I hope Katatonia will do something special this last gig, for it is the last gig of this tour... hehe... consternation would be welcome:saint:

I'm looking forward to it

I'll see everyone tomorrow again
tot morgen!:D

Damn my neck really hurts! no headbanging tomorrow haha
Anyways ill meet up with Cerulean at the arnhem trainstation at 6 o'clock
and later on we'll get something to eat in Arnhem..
So if anybody wants to join us...
Could be fun again!
( Im also talking to u Zowi ;) and everyone else reading this and coming tomorrow :))

seagull said:
Anarchy @ Katwijk................

katakatwijk002.jpg

. . .

Juniper said:
Could be fun again!
( Im also talking to u Zowi ;) and everyone else reading this and coming tomorrow :))
okay, I'll be able to come with you two, but I don't think I'll eat too, 'cause I'll eat something at home (since we will be having some people coming over and stuff..)

Vincent J. said:
you both really deserved it!
(btw, what was the name of your friend again? (I didn't quite catch it) he was really nice!)

hehe, I'm going to try to get some pick too, if possible.:)

I hope Katatonia will do something special this last gig, for it is the last gig of this tour... hehe... consternation would be welcome:saint:

I'm looking forward to it

I'll see everyone tomorrow again
tot morgen!:D

Brave - Murder - Day - Rainroom :cool:
No wait that's impossible. But dreaaaaming is allright.

A letdown for me is that they don't play Complicity on this tour, they did on the last tour. It's my favourite VE song.

Vincent J. said:
I think the picks were given to her.
They were from Katatonia (with the symbol on it and stuff)
Ahaa, so I prolly ám the only one from the audience who got a pick from Katatonia. ;)

Juniper said:
Could be fun again!
( Im also talking to u Zowi and everyone else reading this and coming tomorrow )
Haha same here.. it's not that bad, but pretty burdoning (if that's a word? :p).
I'll probably arrive there at 8 'o clock.. so I'll see you people at the gig. :)

And oh, pretty cool we got a Peaceville promo cd.

Juniper said:
And freaking out with Cis ;) (were we really freaking out that much??)
QUOTE]

I can't remember... weren't we sleeping in the corner because the concert was so boring... :D o_O

Ok, honestly, it was a great day, good to meet you all, see you again in a couple of hours!!
I actually have parts of the beach in my car still, so let's continue the party :)
...so much about the "draagbaar strand".....

So, that was the third time Katatonia in a few weeks and the 2nd gig in 3 days :). Last gig of the tour so at the end of the last song (Murder), the whole crew and the Novembre guys came onstage to bang their heads together, the roadies also played guitar, so at one point there were 4 guitarplayers! :) Not sure whether those extra 2 guitars were actually switched on though.. I had to (leave) pretty much straight away after the mayhem ended, to catch the last train, but it was a great night again!

It was really cool to meet you guys, Juniper, Cis, Ennui, Vincent and tonight also Cerulean. I wish Juniper & Cerulean good luck killing time until the first train next morning.. o_O

Here's 9 pics of tonight, crappy quality, because I took them with my phone, but at least you can see the onstage Mayhem during Murder :).

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v32/MadTinus/Katakatwijk/Katatoniarnhem/

Afb008.jpg

Aaaaaaaaaaaah.. I had to leave when they were about to begin with Evidence.. Otherwise I would'nt be able to get home. :(
Damnit, but at least I've seen (Evidence +) Murder once, and how fuckin awesome thát was. :D

'Met' Juniper (talked a little), Cerulean (shook his hand and he was like ' ummm wft is he shaking my hand?' :lol:, and ased something to Vincent. :p

Anyway, the gig was, again, too fuckin awesome!
Bit poor sound again, though (and I believe Blakkie's guitar wasn't pure around Deadhouse :erk:).

I want to thank éverybody from the forum that came and I hanged with,
you have given me the time of my life:)
These last weeks were amazing (especially Katwijk and Arnhem yesterday)
and I've met a lot of very great people!
I won't forget this in a long time.
I hope I'll see everyone soon someday:)