criminals
wealth
soil soing
my twin
evidence (as a closure)

I also recorded 2 songs on video, will post them tomorrow

it was the same setlist as this one
Katatonia

It was great! can't wait for the songs x_kirby!

it was really an amazing gig, i never expected the singer (forgot his name :erk: ) to have such great vocals live... great atmosphere too, defenately glad I went. they played a lot of the better of their songs (atleast in my opinion ) so that was a plus. Novembre was also good, even though i havent heard that much of them before. anyway, as for the recorded 2 songs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3T8wmKsW0Fk&search=katatonia

(deadhouse & teargas)

video quality is worse then i thought it would be, you only see a couple of blobs instead of figures.... sound is good though.... well try and enjoy...

here's also a last pic, even if you see more of the people then the actual band :rolleyes:

dsc022345uo.jpg

here a little dairy of yesterday:p
okay, so I went to Katatonia yesterday:)
Because of the bad trainconnections and stuff I got there later than planned, so I only saw the half of Novembre. What I did see of them I really liked, they played very good... great drummer too.
well, they left the stage and the drapery closed.
It took about half an hour to soundcheck and whatever that had to be done.
Then the intro started, it was some beautiful melancholic piece of music played with contra-bass or cello. (I would really like to know what that was, I want to have it:p)
Katatonia opened with Leaders, and the rest of the set followed.
The sound quality was really good! My only point of criticism, concerning the sound, was that Mattias' volume was a bit low, but overall it was ecellent!
The band also played really well, and I liked the way Anders played all the beautiful effects. Jonas' voice was really good as well... the emotion he puts into it is really like -> :cry: :p veeery good:p
Daniel also added a lot of nice fills and stuff, some different from the albums, that was cool too.
Yeah, I reaally loved this gig:oops:
too bad I had to leave (yes, once again because of the great train-timetables) at the beginning of In the white...:(
But I'll be going the 14th of may to them in Arnhem, and there I'll be able to see it all:)
okay, now I've bored you enough:p

the_dying said:
And I'm the guy with short black hair right behind you.
And I'm the guy right behind YOU (far left on the pic) :).

I had a good time, best Kata-gig I have seen. The previous 2 times I was a little disappointed, but this time the things that annoyed me a bit the previous times were solved. Daniel kept himself under control this time and played the songs like they're supposed to and not at 150% increased speed ;) Also the venue was nice (never been there before), sound was good.

Only the setlist was a bit predictable I thought. All the obvious choices from the older albums and a heavy focus on the new album, would be nice if they vary a bit more.

Yeah I can't stand it anymore :p
Everyone on the forum's going, I can't just sit here while other people are at their gigs right?
I'm gonna go by train, sunday afternoon, maybe find some place to eat in Arnhem, go to the concert, and then sit in the dark, cold train station for hoouuurs, and then take the train back, straight to school :p It's gonna be worth the effort I figure.

I am definatly going again... it was amazing :D
Jonas sang wonderfull ah really his voice is so fucking beautifull ,
Its like it went straight to my heart ( i knoww it sounds cheesy :p ) especially with in the white .. when he sang :
"I have waited for you always" , ( no i wasnt thinking he was singing it for me or something like that :p) it was just so honest and i dont know intense or something .....pfff cant explain it ....
And yes there were certain parts that weren't perfect but it didnt matter , all the songs just hit you and took you away ...

This gig has just proved to me again that Katatonia is something special , I cannot compare it with anything... every song has a meaning to me... katatonia has created another world for me and I LOVE it
I love listening to the songs and drifting of. And I loved seeing people feeling the exact same way at the gig :)
It was great ...
And Im going again for sure!