Katatonia

thats not true. they are friendly with every band they play with. they only say their opinions bout their music, positive or not.

and uh, you can add a band who has respect for them: Moonspell :cool: Fernando said with the last album in a interview that he would like to go on tour again with them, because they understand that music needs some refreshment (what Fernando doesnt understand anymore :( )

Originally posted by Don Corleone
i really liked moonspell's last album but definitely, it wasnt a "return to their roots", lol.
is ok, some good songs, but not as good as the rest. Even Under the Moonspell was better, that eastern intro :eek:

i break and cold ways are great songs i reckon. do is the only katatonia album i've heard, though i have lfdgd too but haven't heard it yet. yes they are a bit minimal but i like 'em. they're ok.

I bought a disc today and I'm very impressed by it! Katatonia and other darkmood-lovers should check out The Provenance. Theyre from Sweden as well, and it seems they are busy for some time already. (and its not Italy as I thought first :s ). I checked the lyrics and theyre making more sense then those of Katatonia (easier to understand; and not about death etc). They have male and female vocals, and the female singer is really good. Male does some well understanding grunts now and then as well. And the songs are really great. Some superb bridges, interludes and nice riffs!
Wow, seems i cant point any negative point eh? Well the only thing is that it isnt something brand new, but its hard to do so nowadays. And my opinion is if you cant do something really new, do something good. And they succeed! Hail!

The Provenance - Still at Arms Length :worship:

cover--still.jpg

Originally posted by Mariner
I bought a disc today and I'm very impressed by it! Katatonia and other darkmood-lovers should check out The Provenance. Theyre from Sweden as well, and it seems they are busy for some time already. (and its not Italy as I thought first :s ). I checked the lyrics and theyre making more sense then those of Katatonia (easier to understand; and not about death etc). They have male and female vocals, and the female singer is really good. Male does some well understanding grunts now and then as well. And the songs are really great. Some superb bridges, interludes and nice riffs!
Wow, seems i cant point any negative point eh? Well the only thing is that it isnt something brand new, but its hard to do so nowadays. And my opinion is if you cant do something really new, do something good. And they succeed! Hail!

i have the provenance's first album, its ok, nothing anymore impressive than the other swedish melodic death blah blah metal stuff. its alright, some nice songs. katatonia is ok too, too repetetive, always the same formula and beats.

Originally posted by Mariner

cover--still.jpg

well, i just heard some tunes from that album, only a few and not that intensively, but it sounded quite good, shall give it another try. Btw does the male singer growl or sing clean?
i don't like the growling much nowadays.....