KFUCK Vol. 2?

Wow, I'm speechless. Unicorn, and Bloody Swan, I like this better than Katatonia's own 'remixes' (from the singles)
A few tiiiiny details that could be improved (mostly pronunciation stuff, but that's me being a whiner! Don't worry)
Fantastic!

Cerulean said:
Wow, I'm speechless. Unicorn, and Bloody Swan, I like this better than Katatonia's own 'remixes' (from the singles)
A few tiiiiny details that could be improved (mostly pronunciation stuff, but that's me being a whiner! Don't worry)
Fantastic!
like u have always been mate.....:lol:

I know I said this before and I know that it may sound just too "iek, I'm just fishing for compliments"... but you guys are just all too nice and lovely and I'm [& Mr. Unicorn too... I know that *haha!*] really - seriously - impressed by your feedback. Thanx.

BloodySwan said:
I know I said this before and I know that it may sound just too "iek, I'm just fishing for compliments"... but you guys are just all too nice and lovely and I'm [& Mr. Unicorn too... I know that *haha!*] really - seriously - impressed by your feedback. Thanx.

You're right. Really impressive.
Now we need more covers from other users to complete our tribute. Who's in?
And some cover artwork would be great still

I started working on Omerta a while ago and the little time I had to work on it and the tons of problems I had with the track forced me to stop...
August 11th after my parents will go abroad I'll have some quiet time at home so i'll be able to record...probably something else since Omerta got me really frustrated and I believe there's another guy who put an omerta sample here so that's another reason for me to work on a different track

As I wasn't here when the first KFUCK was made
could someone tell me how this thing works...I mean after putting an mp3 version here who do I send the lossless wave file...who decides on the order of the tracks and how if at all is the compilation released?

which also brings me to the question how can I get my hands on KFUCK vol. 1 in case I want to do one of the songs there(like Omerta) and don't want to end up with a version too similar to anything already made by others.

paradoxile said:
As I wasn't here when the first KFUCK was made
could someone tell me how this thing works...I mean after putting an mp3 version here who do I send the lossless wave file...who decides on the order of the tracks and how if at all is the compilation released?

which also brings me to the question how can I get my hands on KFUCK vol. 1 in case I want to do one of the songs there(like Omerta) and don't want to end up with a version too similar to anything already made by others.

The Mp3's have been copied to CD. The order was chronological.
Most covers are stored on Hobo's server.
But I think it's no problem if they are similar. Different vocals make them totally different for example. So go ahead :)

My first attempt at cover art for this. Its crap compared to the cover art for the first one. Its just a photos with some text. If there is something you want changed of if you think it sucks please tell me so I can try and fix it or make a new one.
Kfuck-1.jpg

I like the cover. Only the bottom writing is crappy ;) I would change the font to something more eye-relaxing.

What about the inlay and the back?

Nice cover by Dissolving bonds. Always good stuff from you, Unicorn.
But to break away a little from all the praise from the others here - the girl singing just can't do the low notes. I'm 100% sure you could've pulled it of a little higher. But.. pickles, really.

daimonion said:
But to break away a little from all the praise from the others here - the girl singing just can't do the low notes. I'm 100% sure you could've pulled it of a little higher.
"The girl" has a name :erk:
Yeah you're right, I hardly get the low ones... but it's my fault, it was my idea and I wanted it to be like that... Nevermind, it's fitting perfectly to Unicorn's voice =)

I like the dissolving bonds cover a lot, it really worked out great like how it is
I actually like it where swan's voice can't go lower, it turns into a sort off a whisper. I like that:)
the sound is also really good =)
great to have people like you around to do this !

Vincent J. said:
I like the dissolving bonds cover a lot, it really worked out great like how it is
I actually like it where swan's voice can't go lower, it turns into a sort off a whisper. I like that:)
the sound is also really good =)
great to have people like you around to do this !

For the campfire atmosphere I wanted to be able to play it with normal chords in standard tuning.
But I did some covers where I couldn't hit the lowest notes, too. I think it's not so bad as not to be able to hit the highest ones ;)
And I think it's sweet how Swany solves it. :)