Korn

Say what you will. I'm used to it. When I told a girl at the Opeth concert that Opeth is my second favorite band next to Korn, she looked at me like I was an idiot. She did it again when I got out there and had fun during Devildriver's set even though I thought their music was sub-par. Too many metal fans try too hard to look like they are the shit. I just try to have fun and enjoy what I enjoy and not give a damn about what anyone else thinks because you only live once. And I listen to way more than what you listed, PesticideDrinker. You would be surprised...

I'm not directing my post at you, it's just something I've noticed here and there.

But really, I listen to music outside of rock too (for one thing, I studied classical), and I just don't see listening to nu-metal as being anymore openminded than someone who just hates that shit. I'm sure metal heads hate nu-metal because the music itself is simplistic and that bands write album after album of subject matter usually consists of cliche, teenage angst that sells to angry pubescent teens, not because they're closed minded. Sure, some are, but nu-metal is just bad music, plain and simple.

You have to give Korn credit for one thing: they've brainwashed a hell of a lot of people into thinking they're better than other nu-metal bands. I hated this band even when I did like nu-metal! And that video where they try to act all underground and "fuck record labels" and shit like that? What are people supposed to think of that?

Openmindedness has nothing to do with whether or not you like a band. It just has to do with giving it a fair chance. I've given Korn a few chances, which is more than I can say for the other supposed originator of nu-metal, the Deftones. Neither of them gave me anything that made me want to keep listening!

Demilich said:
You have to give Korn credit for one thing: they've brainwashed a hell of a lot of people into thinking they're better than other nu-metal bands. I hated this band even when I did like nu-metal! And that video where they try to act all underground and "fuck record labels" and shit like that? What are people supposed to think of that?

Openmindedness has nothing to do with whether or not you like a band. It just has to do with giving it a fair chance. I've given Korn a few chances, which is more than I can say for the other supposed originator of nu-metal, the Deftones. Neither of them gave me anything that made me want to keep listening!
Well, that's just you. To me, no other nu-metal band comes close to Korn. I also couldn't give two shits about the Deftones. The fact is, Korn's music means a lot to me. My friends are all huge Nirvana fans, but I don't see anything in Nirvana's music. But I can respect that because I know they have different tastes and to them, Nirvana's music means just as much as Korn's music does to me. And Opeth's!

It's trendy to hate nu metal now so nu metal kids think they're cool by staying true to nu metal AND listening to real metal. All I got to say is...listen to a band because you like them, not because someone else does. If someone else says "nu metal sucks" (or vice versa) then deal with it!

It pisses me off when people just suck each other's dicks and don't think for themselves. I think Korn was absolutely original. Rap and metal in a low A tuning? REALLY not my cup of tea, but they sure made something completely different. It's a shame too many bands copied them.

Anyone who says Korn sucks is obviously too old or too young. There first 2 cds made me, and maybe everything that was in my class, freak out every friday night when i was a teenager. So i would deny some of my roots. C´mon who hasnt listen to Korn - Korn? I still can spin that disc from time to time.....Today they suck ass ^^

I'll spice this shit thread up with some comic relief..

Biddy166948102.jpg

me in front, my friend in the back