Krank Amps Newsflash

It will be a modded V2, but I wont think about it if its half solid state like my Mode 4, ive never had a amp thats all tube! If hes moving from Krank to Randall his signature head must be fucking special. We should find out when we see the prototype at the end of this month. *creams*

Along with the Mike Ammot Ninja V2, there will be some really cool signature amps coming from Kirk Hammet, Scott Ian, and Greg Tribbet.QUOTE]

Kirk Hammet? Didn't expect to see that, anyone know if he's been playing Randall long?

I wouldn't be suprised if Andy was interested, being a producer I'm sure he'll want to get his hands on as much gear as poss to have that variety, so fairplay.

I'm guna be sticking with Krank, the amps are awesome and the rep we deal with is great and has been really helpful.

Been recording my Krankenstein all week, will post clips as soon as we got vocals over the songs!

Even the modular preamp racks and heads? Those are in a completely different league than their solid state stuff, IMHO.

I'm kinda surprised Amott would go with a solid state head. It seems to me like he's always preferred thick, warm tones?
in all fairness i haven't ever heard those so you do have me there

even though i appreciated the music alot now and more over when i was a teenager the closest thing to a decent tone was dimebag darrels on early pantera records. even then the tone was so oversaturated and not warm. even though the music blew his tone was much better in damageplan when he was using krank heads.

IIRC the damageplan album was recorded with randall solid state heads

well i guess im wrong then. did terry date produce the damageplan album? i never even heard the album just remember seeing the video for it. and the gutiar world cds with dimebag playing kranks

Dime's a perfect example of what the "Randall" sound is. Even the new "made in China" cheapy Randall heads have that distinct "Randall" sound, but :puke: stay away from those, for sure.:lol: Man, Amott had such good tone with that Krankenstein though, when I saw him live.

im still not sure what to think about Krank really... the king diamond guys sold their gear after a month, amott switches to randall, i saw an add from the soilworkguy about selling his...

Wonder if Kirks will have a built in wah :p

yep, the amp will feature the Perma-wah. it's basically just a wah pedal that's always on, but the special thing about it is that it perms his hair at the same time.

amott's played some great leads on record, he never matches up to it live though.

im still not sure what to think about Krank really... the king diamond guys sold their gear after a month, amott switches to randall, i saw an add from the soilworkguy about selling his...

When I saw KD live a year ago they still had Kranks.. Why did they sell them?

I'm withholding judgment until I hear Mike Amott's new head. I will be shocked if it measures up to Krank though... maybe Nordstrom will secretly reamp through a 5150 while the band is away... :lol:

Jody Dankberg does seem like kind of a shady "bro" type, having met him a few times. Nice guy, just kind of has the cheesy salesman vibe going on. Trying to steal away Krank's endorsees is pretty disloyal. Something nasty must have gone down.