The "Last Night Fuckin Rocked and/or Sweet, I'm going to the Show!" thread.

After reading about how some extremely fortunate people have had the pleasure of hearing 1000 Years at other shows, I beg of you guys to play it tonight at First Avenue in Minneapolis. It's definitely one of my top 3 favorite Amon songs.

And I know this one will never come true, but if you played Prediction of Warfare I would forever be in your debt. That song just absolutely rules, yet it doesn't seem to be as popular for some reason.

Anyway, I can't wait to see you guys! I know way more people who are going to the show to see you guys than CoB. :kickass:

hey, its cool that you like amon amarth and all... but without sounding rude : can you north americans stop creating a new thread for every single AA gig in the north american tour?
When they toured in europe, did we europeans create a new thread for each date? nay!

Haha reminds me... I think because of all these threads I never thought of talking about my own experiences at an AA gig. Last time was in Berlin, and it was fucking awesome, as always. I think Berlin likes AA. I know I do. And I'm the fucking prince of Berlin, so that's what matters right?

Yeah, Runes was 3rd. It cost me the last of my voice... I really need to quit smoking. Funnily enough, I can still generally 'sing' fine.. but roaring and shouting... I've lost the lung capacity :(

Hey guys, first time on these boards but just wanted to post about how much I enjoyed the show last night, first time seeing amon live, totally can't believe how good they were. On a side note, did anyone notice about 3-4 songs into the Bodom set, Alexi was getthg the crowd pumped up making weird sound effects and causing feedback and THEN STRAIGHT RUNS FOR THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE STAGE AND PUKES LIKE 10 TIMES IT WAS AWESOME. Came back and acted like it never happened, man that just made my night, maybe I'm just fucked up!

Which one are you folks going to? I think I'm going to try to go to the 18th if I can still find tickets. I have an exam on the morning of the 20th and I have no way to get to Quebec City and come back or else I would go to all three shows. Sucks.

Iam going to the 18th one, buti couldnt get another ticket for that date for my brother, its SOLD OUT!
lol my brother, some years ago, was listening to In Flames but turned out to listen to some rap and stuff like that (..........)
and i was listening to AA loudly lately and he comes to me : who are they? (Amon Amarth) i like them!(yeah they rock!) if they come to montreal, i wanna see them!! (they are coming in 2 weeks...) WHAT???cant it be my x-mas present? (ok, np!)
so i went yesterday to buy a ticket, sold out damnit.. and i wont replace my ticket for the 19th and buy another one for brother.. because im working then.. and cant go to quebec as well :cry: damn.. they ARE headliners in quebec! >< and ill miss that :'(

Hey i felt like uploading another picture
im too lazy i have a few more though
Johanhorn.jpg

bad quality but its cool! hes drinkin out of his horn
holy shit it looked like johan shaved his head.

yeah alexi is gay. only good thing about cob is janne warmen. And Amon amarth is awesome. After the show i met and talked to all the band and stuff and got autographs. And i got johan to sign my drinking horn haha. I talked to Johan about touring next year, he said that they might have 2 different tours in the states, one headlining and one opening. he said he was very excited about the show where they would be opening if it happened, i asked who they were opening for but he said, "I dont want to Jinx it and it not happen" so he wouldnt tell me but he said if it happened they would only be it on the tour for 2 weeks.

Seeing AA headline...that would be awesome. Hell, a tour that would let them play a set longer then the average local band. I really wish I had stayed longer, but hey, what can I say... I'm no longer used to bands that are cool enough to hang out with fans. I figured the only thing I was going to miss was CoB, and I'm not really a fan of theirs. I've become somewhat of a hermit since moving to Kansas, heh.

For a second I thought you were going to say you were the guy that passed out in the middle of the lobby from last year's concert. Good shit watching that guy all fucked up gave me something to do during Triviums set. So who ever that was...

Thank you.

Sigh.... well Amon Amarth ruled, but unfortunately it appears that the set list is back to being short and all. No 1000 years :(

If you ask me, the crowd seemed to enjoy Amon Amarth as much or more than CoB, yet CoB got to play for what seemed like FOREVER. They forsure played for 2x as long as Amon.

Sigh.... well Amon Amarth ruled, but unfortunately it appears that the set list is back to being short and all. No 1000 years :(

If you ask me, the crowd seemed to enjoy Amon Amarth as much or more than CoB, yet CoB got to play for what seemed like FOREVER. They forsure played for 2x as long as Amon.

I swear it'll be a fallacy for it not to be played on the NYC date. I mean DALLAS, LOS ANGELES, SAN DIEGO get it IT MEANS NYC SHOULD GET IT!!
I'm the one cryin for it most here. LIKE I SAID CUT ASATOR OR FATE OF NORNS TO FIT IT IN IF YOU HAVE TO!! THIS SONG MUST BE PLAYED IN NYC!! IT MUST!! Sanctity don't even have a debut album yet! THEY SHOULD BE DOIN 4 SONGS MAX! Sigh i will be very upset if i do not get a 1000 years after dallas, LA and SD got it!! to snub NYC again would be INGREGIOUS.

On a side note cause i saw it was back on the list. I have listened to a 1000 years on my ipod bout 200 plus times this week. this is how much i want it.

I sure am glad I went to SD and LA show where they played it

perhaps if I went to NYC I would get lucky again ;)

bottom line is they play what majority of the crowd is into and unfortunately this song doesn't get the response it deserves due to most morons only knowing Death in Fire from that album, another travesty is lack of Victorious March which to me is one of the greatest songs ever

rumor has it that they'll be back next year to participate in a certain main stream tour, which is a very good thing for the band, however, if they end up playing the main stage their set will probably be even shorter than the current one (guessing) :(

I swear it'll be a fallacy for it not to be played on the NYC date. I mean DALLAS, LOS ANGELES, SAN DIEGO get it IT MEANS NYC SHOULD GET IT!!
I'm the one cryin for it most here. LIKE I SAID CUT ASATOR OR FATE OF NORNS TO FIT IT IN IF YOU HAVE TO!! THIS SONG MUST BE PLAYED IN NYC!! IT MUST!! Sanctity don't even have a debut album yet! THEY SHOULD BE DOIN 4 SONGS MAX! Sigh i will be very upset if i do not get a 1000 years after dallas, LA and SD got it!! to snub NYC again would be INGREGIOUS.

On a side note cause i saw it was back on the list. I have listened to a 1000 years on my ipod bout 200 plus times this week. this is how much i want it.

bottom line is they play what majority of the crowd is into and unfortunately this song doesn't get the response it deserves due to most morons only knowing Death in Fire from that album, another travesty is lack of Victorious March which to me is one of the greatest songs ever

Yeah, it's a shame, I really thought 1000 years was going to get a better reaction, but then again the crowd in San Diego was super gay, hipster metal fifteen year-olds for the most part, I hope AA never skips San Francisco again, I hate going to Southern California.

I know lots of New Yorkers and New Jerseyians that will give a 1000 Years are amazing reaction. So they need to try it here cause it will get an amazing reaction and if i see anyone not given that reaction. I'LL SLAPEM ACROSS THE FUCKIN HEAD!! WHILE I'M SINGING MY ASS OFF?!? I will PERSONALLY not let anyone be a fuckin PUSSY if they play this song. PLEEASE PLAY THIS SONG!! I mean WTF They played Releasing Suturs Fire last time. And that didn't get that much of a reaction. so no excuse y they shouldn't play a 1000 years.

I rarely come to the forums, but it's that time of year again, and Just needed to see how the tour reactions been thus far....sounds like AA is having a shorter set list then I expected? They are direct support? Shouldn't they get about an hour?

And yes, I NEED to hear 1000 years of Oppression at NYC...Would be awsome to hear Victorious March also but I doubt that one. We can only hope...

BTW, anyone else who is going to NYC....any idea when the show starst? it says gates open at 5 30, but the show doesnt start till 7? Does that mean COB is at 7, or the SHOW starts at seven?