Lack of studio updates?

This Video defenetely made (a part) of my Day (in that case it´s a night), it´s not because of the fact that what we are looking forward to is finished and more ready for us - the hungry crowd - to jump on.

It is because it is nice to see drinking happy people doing their "Creation".

I think that´s something essential for musicians (the Creation or the Drinking?) and I grant you every moment of being happy you have now.

Cheers

eeh im not sure i like the video, but the song sounds absolutey terrific. As somebody mentions earlier, i really hope niklas get a rather large part in the songwriting, in my opinion fiction would have been a far less interesdting album without his contribution

Video is cool, good to see the boys having a well earned drink on completing their 9th full length album.

I'm an old and spoiled brat too but yeah some US tours have cool packages. Saw Darkane opening for Soilwork and Unleashed opening for Obituary at club gigs.

To be honest, the two clips we've heard sound an awful lot like fiction, especially the bonus tracks to fiction....I think it could be a good thing for the fans that really loved fiction above many of the albums, but no matter what, I wouldn't say doing the same album twice is a good thing for DT....

You must be pretty smart to be able to conclude that the new album is going to be "Fiction 2" just by hearing two small clips.

Yeah, I agree. The part of the video does sounds like Fiction, but you can't really say that the whole album will be like that. Even after some songs have been completely uploaded to MySpace (or wherever), you can't really tell because the quality will be horrible compared to the record in your hands. I remembered when the new The Gathering album came out, they uploaded some songs to their MySpace which sounded beyond-awful compared to the CD or LP. So unless you have a high-quality MP3 and/or an LP or the CD you can't really make judgements on an album. Even less if you have only listened to two minutes of the entire album :rolleyes:.

From a purely art standpoint, I could care less if the new album sounds like Fiction. Same instruments, same mix, everything. I just want to hear their songs. These guys are geniuses. I really love what they've done with the genre in the past, but just to hear some new ideas in the same vein would be great. Also, bands experiment in different ways. Think about it: folk musicians do every album with the same guitar and the same voice. The difference is in the songs. Some folk artists live long and innovative lives, simply by doing interesting things within a comfortable zone.

Already, what we heard was reminding me just a little bit of the breakdown to "Emptier Still." I guarantee that there will be some amazing tracks, and some unique spots in the music that will blow you away.

The problem with wanting a band to be experimental is that that's not really what you want: you want them to be experimental and make good music. Projector was a genious album, but taking a step that radical could have just as easily led the band over a cliff. Remember Reroute to Remain? I still play that album occasionally to see if I'll understand it better as an older man. While the shock has subsided, the WTF factor is just as strong as it was seven years ago. So DT can sound like Fiction; as long as the quality is still up and the arrangements cover some new ground, I will follow them into hell.