Ladies of UM: Critique My OKC Profile

Well, you've only got a 41% compatibility with me, in small part due to the fact that you answered "No" to the question "Do you own any sexy underwear."

Is that seriously your profile? It reads more like a parody of the fedora-tipping nice guy meme.

EDIT: 6'1" and probably financially secure, that still puts you pretty high on the totem pole tho.

In my experience it's more about what you actually say in private messages. I found my current gf with a very basic profile and no photos. Not saying this will work for everyone.

Shoot holes in it then. Open season!

Read no further unless you're at least *little* offbeat.
I'm actually a sorta nice-ish guy
I'd love to meet a... somewhat quirky girl

That's all top feminist "not your manic pixie dream girl" fodder. Granted, maybe you want to scare them off, but it's still cringy from any perspective imo. I mean, I realize your very first paragraph is there for the intention of telling those types to look elsewhere, but leave it at that imo.

General spiritual/occult type stuff. I don't specifically believe in any of it or any particular religion for that matter, but it's fun to think about and is an interesting aesthetic...

You dedicate the majority of your "things I spend time thinking about" to something you don't believe in, and how the fuck does "[it] is an interesting aesthetic" even make sense there? Makes you look like a stereotypical metal edgelord.

OK, I don't have much to comment on other than that and it's still a thousand times better than any profile I could make, just saying those look like red flags even from my pov.

Ignore HamburgerBoy because he has no right to give anyone dating advice, at all.

Your profile is okay, not great. I will give you specifics a little bit later when I have more time.

The first paragraph makes you sound like an asshole, to be honest.

Overall, you are being way too picky and particular in expressing what you want, and that's going to turn a lot of women away. You should appear more open to people with different interests and views. That and you just have way too much information in general. It's better to hold a lot back as it may encourage more people to find out more about you by messaging you.

Things like political and religious views can be addressed by answering the questions, which will allow the site to more precisely determine compatible matches for you to see and be seen by.

Ignore HamburgerBoy because he has no right to give anyone dating advice, at all.

Your profile is okay, not great. I will give you specifics a little bit later when I have more time.

Thanks!

The first paragraph makes you sound like an asshole, to be honest.

Overall, you are being way too picky and particular in expressing what you want, and that's going to turn a lot of women away. You should appear more open to people with different interests and views. That and you just have way too much information in general. It's better to hold a lot back as it may encourage more people to find out more about you by messaging you.

See, I had one of my RL friends look at my previous profile and she said it was too nice/boring/not attention catching. She said to be more direct about what I want and approves of the new wording and says it shows more confidence. It really does make me look like an asshole though, I agree, and doesn't fit my personality at all...

Point taken on the info. I'll look into pruning it some...

It's such a personal thing, you shouldn't really take advice from anyone. Just represent the best version of you that you can and find a woman that likes that. Otherwise you're just lying/being fake. Women (like all people) can sense that.

The no picture thing worked for me because of my situation (I work in the public eye) which I explained on the profile. Like I said what worked for me wouldn't necessarily work for you. The point was that the profile itself doesn't matter that much.

Okay, here's my opinion now that I have more time:

* Get better pictures. The default one is very unflattering.

* Spend less time talking about what you don't want on your profile and leave that to the matching system.

* Avoid the "nice guy" stuff because most guys who use that are creepy.

* Talk about the things that you like in a less dorky way. Calling your music taste a "metal mistress" is ridiculous.

Omni's right about your profile pic. Looks like Andy Dick fucked David Spade and he gave birth to you.

Have fun: http://perezhilton.com/2015-08-27-ashley-madison-fake-women-accounts-mostly-men#.VeIG6LUVhR0

"The Ashley Madison hack has revealed the affairs of several famous folks so far — and it's not a coincidence they've all been men!

One of the most scandalous things about the female-named site is that there are barely any women involved at all!

Based on in-depth analysis of the leaked user data, it turns out about 31 million men had profiles on the site, compared to a scant 5.5 million women.

But that's not all! It turns out MOST OF THOSE FEMALE PROFILES WERE FAKE!

In all, statisticians estimate that only 12,000 real women were actually signed up!

And of those, only about 1,500 actually checked their messages on the site — the rest were idle!

Compared to the 20,000,000 men who regularly checked their profiles, it turns out Ashley Madison is the biggest sausage party of all time!

This could be seen as good news for women whose men had accounts on the site, as there seems to be little to no chance they'd actually be able to meet women there.

But of course, they tried, so that's probably bad enough… "

2012-7-9+024.jpg

* Get better pictures. The default one is very unflattering.

* Spend less time talking about what you don't want on your profile and leave that to the matching system.

* Avoid the "nice guy" stuff because most guys who use that are creepy.

* Talk about the things that you like in a less dorky way. Calling your music taste a "metal mistress" is ridiculous.

All these are accurate. You aren't unattractive, but your pics make you look like like a hardcore creeper. It also looks better if at least appears that someone took your picture.

Tinder is a lot better, aside from every single attractive girl being a bot.