Last movie you saw and your verdict

Wolverine This surprised me with slower pace than expected in superhero movies, and in a good way. I was also bit surprised that after so many Marvel movies people still rush out theatre as end credits start to roll, once again there was final scene and many missed that.

Pacific Rim Now here's a pulp scifi if I ever saw one, big scale death match and wanton destruction with thin plot and even thinner characters. I loved it.

Batman : Mask of the Phantasm

One of the fucking best movies I've ever seen, animated or otherwise. This movie highlights just how alone Bruce really is. The music is absolutely amazing too. I just ordered the expanded soundtrack. I'd go so far as to put this on par with The Dark Knight as the best Batman movie.

Batman : Mask of the Phantasm

One of the fucking best movies I've ever seen, animated or otherwise. This movie highlights just how alone Bruce really is. The music is absolutely amazing too. I just ordered the expanded soundtrack. I'd go so far as to put this on par with The Dark Knight as the best Batman movie.

mask of phantasm >> The Dark Knight

just can't say Dark Knight was awesome just because Heath Ledger died

the first part of Dark Knight was pretty bad-ass up until the point where Harvey Dent's chair falls over and his face gets burned by the liquid on the ground, after that scene the movie just turned to shit

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/10402012-post29.html

Trollhunter. Norwegian movie about... well, trolls. Movie is compiled from "real" footage in documentary style and is surprisingly entertaining. Trolls...

The Iceman

Based on life of Richard Kuklinski, mob hitman/serial killer. Michael Shannon is spot on for the role, and Winona Ryder is also in and quite non-irritating this time. Oh yes, there's also Hypocrisy song about this subject:

Tha ABCS of Death

26 episodes of nonsense, avoid and save 2 hours of your life to something that actually is entertaining...

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I finaly managed to get through Blade Runner after about eight or nine years of never getting past Deckard's briefing. People always like to call me for work nd shit at that point for some reason.

Yeah, fucking awesome.

Well I finaly managed to get through Blade Runner after about eight or nine years of never getting past Deckard's briefing. People always like to call me for work nd shit at that point for some reason.

Yeah, fucking awesome.

Which version was this?

Riddick yesterday. Although this is more testosterone and streamlined variety of sci-fi, it was actually quite nice that it wasn't packed with action from first second to last but pace was rather slow from time to time. Not in a bad way mind you, it still managed to keep it's grip whole 2 hours. I would say that mood was very similar to first of the Riddick movies, Pitch Black, and in that respect this part is better than Chronicles of Riddick. If Vin Diesel doesn't appeal to you, I would give this a pass as one man show this certainly is but then again title of the movie says it all.

Super Heroes - Never Ending Battle

A three hour documentary on super hero comics, stretching from the early days of Superman in the late 1930's all the way up to today. Great stuff. Highly recommended.

Well I've rewatched Blade Runner about a million times, including various older versions.

...What the FUCK was with that shitty voiceover and green field-happy-crappy-unicorn ending bullshit in the original release?!

I think I've only ever seen the director's cut? I don't know... Cool though!! :zombie:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not a movie as such but I watched this earlier, pretty sweet. Needed more beer though.

7450e8c6-b91a-4f48-a00e-2b9a341b8328.jpg

Fast & Furious 6

Well... I don't normally bother myself with inaccuracies within movies, but here ridiculousness level reaches new heights with some scenes. For example, world's longest runway (approx 28 miles) and other shit. Avoid.

Fast & Furious 6

Well... I don't normally bother myself with inaccuracies within movies, but here ridiculousness level reaches new heights with some scenes. For example, world's longest runway (approx 28 miles) and other shit. Avoid.

Also, avoid the other 5. And Vin Diesel (no offence).

blade runner - the shitty voice over was done at the studios request, ridley scott didn't want it in there. It sounds as if harrison ford has done it REALLY BADLY on purpose so they wouldnt use it in the film, but he's since said he would never do that, and put his absolute effort into the recordings. I don't really believe him, it sounds dreadful, and it treats the audience like idiots. I think he sabotaged it, thankfully, so it disappeared in the directors cut!

unicorn - all way through the film gaff leaves little origami figures for deckard that imply certain things, in the directors cut ridley added a sequence with deckard dreaming of a white unicorn, so if gaff knows about the unicorn it implies deckard could be a replicant, as gaff would know that replicants all have the same implanted memories/dreams. Yeah the original happy ending is terrible, the directors cut/final cut is far better, it keeps the tone of what you've been watching for the past 2 hours.

i fucking love blade runner.

Aye they went into detail on the special edition's second disc. Surprisingly though, despite the fact that they've laid all of the special effects bare for you it doesn't detract from the viewing experience because it's just that good. I never found myself watching it after seeing the documentary portion and going "ahhhhhh that's how they did that, I see it now". It's just bloody top notch.

absolutely, it's that well made. Even when you look at the opening shot of the cityscape theres no way you would ever say "ah yeah that looks like lots of cutouts with smoke behind it sat on a table" - you're looking at a real cityscape, there's nothing that tells your brain otherwise.