Last movie you've watched

Not in the least childish, I thought.

I saw it, The Illusionist, the Good Shepherd and Ghost Rider this week.

I enjoyed the Science of Sleep, although it's hardly groundbreaking. The Illusionist was interesting, Norton is magnetic, Giamatti was as fine as usual and the interesting use of differing direction/cuts to signify the varying illusions was fine work. The Good Shepherd was wonderful, slowly paced I suppose but it's a fine work, well written and somewhat majestic in De Niro's direction. Ghost Rider was shockingly bad, it wasn't even ironically bad, it was just terrible.

One of Clint Eastwood's movies, called 'The Gauntlet'. Not bad, I thought. A lot of it seemed quite cliched and could perhaps be filed under the whole "Seventies violence" spurt of Dirty Harry-style movies. Some of the action seemed overly silly, like the entire world was shooting at the protagonist and his hardened whore of a sidekick, at times. Having said that, there was a good deal of wit in places, and was unassuming enough to be enjoyable.

I heard that The Science Of Sleep is a pretty good movie. Now I'm also reading it's great. I really should get around to watching it =/

Just saw United 93. Pretty well done I thought. It seemed to tell it like you would imagine it had have happened, without focusing on heroics or patriotism.

Silent Hill. I found this movie really average besides a few scenes. Not as horrible as both resident evil movies.

A few sleepless nights have left me to watch

The Eiger Sanction - Clint Eastwood is an assassin who has to kill some guy on a mountain climbing expedition. I got a bit confused as to what was going on at the end but it was a fairly decent film.

The History of Violence - Always wanted to see this and although it let me down a bit, it was still enjoyable.

Primal Fear - I've seen this before but it was still an enoyable watch. Richard Gere is a lawyer who is trying to defend Edward Norton who is accused of killing an archbishop who sexually exploited him. I found it pretty gripping and the ending was great.

I finally saw Idiocracy. Great premise, very poorly executed. It was obviously intentionally quite dumb, but man, it could have been so, so much funnier. Mike Judge missed a grand opportunity.

Event Horizon is the scariest movie I've ever seen... And I've seen em all.... The scenes when the Jurrassic park guy touches the Matrix guy's head and he sees all the scenes of his crew in hell is the scariest shit ever..... But the last movie I watched was Black Snake Moan. Possibly Samuel L.'s best performance ever if not since Pulp Fiction, and I love that guy more than any other actor... Besides that shitty ending. Fuck that ending and fuck Justin Timberlake.

Event Horizon is the scariest movie I've ever seen... And I've seen em all.... The scenes when the Jurrassic park guy touches the Matrix guy's head and he sees all the scenes of his crew in hell is the scariest shit ever..... But the last movie I watched was Black Snake Moan. Possibly Samuel L.'s best performance ever if not since Pulp Fiction, and I love that guy more than any other actor... Besides that shitty ending. Fuck that ending and fuck Justin Timberlake.
The bit that shit me up was when Sam Neill (Jurassic Park guy) was in that green vent shaft thing in the core room and the lights kept flickering on and off. I knew something was going to happen but not knowing what it would be was the part that got me.

I heard that The Science Of Sleep is a pretty good movie. Now I'm also reading it's great. I really should get around to watching it =/

I thought it was completely fantastic. I loved it.

Last movie I watched was I Stand Alone. It's a French movie directed by Gaspar Noe (Carne, Irreversible) and starring Philippe Nahon (Carne, Irreversible ;) ). It's about this crazy butcher who beats his pregnant wife, harbors incestual desires, and wanders the streets fantasizing about brutally murdering people. It has scenes of very graphic sex and violence. It's dark, misanthropic, and unrelenting. It's full of jump cuts that usually appear with a loud noise such as a blaring musical tone or a gunshot. It also breaks up a lot of scenes with screens of text. Very stylish. Kind of fun. I liked it, but I didn't love it.

'Scent Of A Woman': fucking great movie. Sure, there might be a tad too much sentimentality, and the Tango scene was plain ridiculous, but Al Pacino's brilliantly OTT performance is what makes the film what it is. His speech towards the end is inspiring and concludes things nicely, despite being preachy.