Last show of the Summer!! Santa Fe Springs Swap Meet this Saturday -PLUS Pet adoption

Doodoobubbachuck

Maidens' drums
Aug 2, 2002
theironmaidens.com
Come and blow out Summer 2009 this Saturday at the Santa Fe Springs Swap Meet with us Maidens!!! This is also our ONLY SHOW IN SEPTEMBER so come on out and kiss the Summer goodbye with us!

3 sets of Maiden for ONE DOLLAR!!! Sets at Noon, 1:30 and 3:00pm!!

ALSO, Adopt-A-Pet pet adoption will be going on this lovely day too! Maleni and the wonderful peeps from SEAACA - (South East Area Animal Control Authority) will have a handful of select doggies and kitties there available for adoption! For more info you can visit www.seaaca.org - we will try to get more specific info later today and possibly post some of the actual furry friends that will be there looking for new forever homes so please check this thread for updates. They will be spayed/neutered and microchipped ready for your love!

Santa Fe Springs Swap Meet
13963 Alondra Blvd.
Santa Fe Springs, CA 92346
(562)921-4359

ALL AGES WELCOME!!!!

For a miniute there I thought you were going to be trying to get someone to adopt Barkley again!! So glad it's not - I love that dog!!! He's sooooooooo cute and excitable!! Always looks like he's smiling. :D

:cry: Oh GAWD noooooooooooooooooo!!!! I'd just die if that were the case!!:cry:

He is a little stinker isn't he? :saint: I love him soo soo soo much too!! :oops: He was so excited when you all were over at the house! :headbang:

:cry: Oh GAWD noooooooooooooooooo!!!! I'd just die if that were the case!!:cry:

He is a little stinker isn't he? :saint: I love him soo soo soo much too!! :oops: He was so excited when you all were over at the house! :headbang:

Thank god!!

I remember the welcome vividly!! :lol: Also him tying to steal all the food from the table too. I dunno if you saw the pic I took of him. After I did that, Gigi was all like, "That's a good idea!" and was running after him with her phone trying to take a pic!! Haha!!

sdc10146d.jpg

But now we've totally gone off topic - so you have a gig coming up...? :lol:

That dog rules!

Im there Saturday! So there!

Was gonna go to San Manuel but...

Nine Inch Nails tonight should be fun. Final 4 shows ever. I'll go to at least 2. Very creative music.

Yes, that Barkley sure is something! Who can resist that face??!!! I've got four rescued cats of my own.

I'm looking forward to the swap meet show on Sat! Always a good time, just a really good vibe there. Hopefully, it won't be craaazy hot. But then again, a nice, icy cold beer is the perfect remedy... And yet another good reason to stand close to the stage--if you're lucky you'll get a blast of cold air from the CO2 tanks. heh heh :lol:

And, of course, VERY excited (and hopeful) about the chance for some homeless dogs and cats to find loving, permanent homes. It's truly sickening to know there are literally millions of pets killed in shelters annually for lack of good homes--each an individual with his or her own distinct personality. That's why it's so essential to spay and neuter our companion animals--"adopt, never buy, while homeless animals die!"

Thank you, Maleni, for making a difference in the lives of these precious animals by coordinating this adoption event. You rule (and rock)! :headbang:

Well said, Kirsten!! And if anyone is actively seeking to adopt a pet and do not find "The One" this Saturday, I have plenty of links to some fine adoption agencies who have many more wonderful pups n puddys available to the right home. :saint:

Til Saturday!!!!!! 3 full one hour sets of pure MAIDEN!!!!! NO repeats!! :headbang:

See ya's then! :)

Fuckin awesome show on Linda's birthday! :kickass::kickass:

Pics : http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/ind...iewPicture&friendID=415714183&albumId=1417203

I'll be writing a detailed review for Full Metal Rock and it'll be posted very soon along with a slide show of the best pictures from the album above \m/

Set 1 :
1. Aces High
2. Killers
3. Infinite Dreams
4. Losfer Words
5. Powerslave
6. Cross Eyed Mary
7. Where Eagles Dare
8. Hallowed Be Thy Name

Set 2 :
1. The Trooper
2. Die With Your Boots On
3. Number Of The Beast
4. Moonchild
5. Alexander The Great
6. The Prisoner
7. Phantom Of The Opera
8. Run To The Hills

Set 3 :
1. The Ides Of March
2. Wrathchild
3. 2 Minutes To Midnight
4. Wasted Years
5. Revelations
6. Transylvania
7. Rime Of The Ancient Mariner
8. Remember Tomorrow
9. Iron Maiden

Kudos to 65GreenMan for these videos.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJ6C8YraF-g]"The Ides of March"/"Wrathchild" + "2 Minutes to Midnight"[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpwDgXof1JM]"Wasted Years"[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8fVIkokv1k]"Revelations"[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybZWLRtj_gs]"Transylvania"[/ame]

Did anyone bring home a furry friend or two? I know I am a big softy when it comes to homeless critters (Linda, too!). I hope lots of these cute, adorable, and loving animals found great homes that day. I know Maidens fans are awesome people and would make some great pet parents, I know lots already are. My furry friend, Stinky, took me home from an adoption drive like this over 20 years ago and he is still alive and well! POUND PUPPIES AND PUDDIES RULE!!!!!

Did anyone bring home a furry friend or two? I know I am a big softy when it comes to homeless critters (Linda, too!). I hope lots of these cute, adorable, and loving animals found great homes that day. I know Maidens fans are awesome people and would make some great pet parents, I know lots already are. My furry friend, Stinky, took me home from an adoption drive like this over 20 years ago and he is still alive and well! POUND PUPPIES AND PUDDIES RULE!!!!!

Two doggies and one kitty found homes that day! Of course, I can't get the rest out of my mind, particularly one little brown and white chihuahua mix--he smiled with his eyes when someone reached in to pet him. Broke my heart... Unfortunately, my current living/traveling arrangements do not make me the ideal doggy mama (plus I got my four kitty kids), but ooooohhhhh.....

Again, big thank you to Maleni for helping to give these precious critters a chance. YOU are an angel! :saint:

Yeah!! two doggies one kitty, now have homes :)

Thanks girls for your help :headbang: The day couldn't have went any better, Pets got adopted and we got to silly string Linda :lol: