Latest CD you bought...

Ordered from Napalm Records:

Týr - Lay of Thrym Limited Deluxe Boxset Edition + flag + poster
Alestorm - Back Through Time Limited Deluxe Boxset Edition + pendant

And ordered from CDON:

Kiuas - Spirit of Ukko (About time I buy it now)
Innerwish - No Turning Back

And from a private seller in Belgium very cheap:

Stratovarius - Fright Night (First pressing CBS edition from 1989)
Heavens Gate - No Control (First pressing No Remorse Records edition from 1989 with original winy 8 teeth tray)
Fifth Angel - Time Will Tell (First pressing Epic/CBS edition from 1989)

Been looking for Fright night with no luck, still never checked private sellers, might have to though

:eek: Nice one!

:eek: Nice one!
Only 10 Euro for it in like new condition with original jewel case. I was just lucky. Many used to swap the jewel case when it's over 20 years old but she has taken care of her CD's very carefully. Sometimes I miss those hard plastic cases which felt heavier than today's jewel cases. It was quality all the way.

The only way to get Fright Night is from private sellers. You only see the Columbia re-release edition on Ebay and Amazon.

And Heavens Gate is supposed to be In Control and not No Control. I mixed it with Innerwish's recent release.

EDIT: There should be a thread for disappointed albums. I was very disappointed with Stormwarrior's Heathen Warrior. It couldn't live up to the quality of the three first albums. Thank god for youtube!

Picked up these CD's today:

Hypersonic - Fallen Melodies Digipak
Orden Ogan - Easton Hope Digipak

EDIT: I forgot about this one too:

Wizard - ....Of Wariwulfs and Bluotvarwes

This needs to be their best album so far! It's so good.

Was thinking of buying charlemagne by the sword and cross by christopher lee, should have checked it out earlier but never got around to do it. But all the reviews of that album pretty much say it's crap, anyone here checked it out and if so, what do you think of it?

As soon as symphonic metal and Sir Lee were mentioned in the same sentence I got this and I'm afraid to say it is rather disappointing. Most of the album is a history lecture half-spoken-sung by Saruman himself and any metal you do hear is generic and uninspiring.

That's pretty much what most review(er)s seem to say, guess shouldn't be my number one pritority right now then, as i'm kind of low on cash. I guess I could get it later this year when the follow up is released.

Some album I should have picked up when it was released but I found the last copy of an sealed limited deluxe boxset with the flag from 2007 in my local record store.

Limited Deluxe Boxset Edition - Victory Songs (Dual Disc Digibook + flag): limited to 500 copies.

Some album I should have picked up when it was released but I found the last copy of an sealed limited deluxe boxset with the flag from 2007 in my local record store.

Limited Deluxe Boxset Edition - Victory Songs (Dual Disc Digibook + flag): limited to 500 copies.

Ooh, Ensiferum? Is the flag just the artwork of the album? If so, that same flag is hanging on the wall of my bedroom right next to me :lol: good find!